Harvard Annual Meeting 2/21?

I'll be there.

Did anyone else get a campaign letter from Clarence?

In the candidate's letters, there are obvious references to some people wanting to limit what we can and can't shoot there. Anybody know who is suggesting that and what they want to limit?

Reading the letters from some of the candidates (along with e-mail and some posts), it appears that there are some political issues going on that are only being alluded to in a round about fashion. It would greatly help me to understand the situation if someone could give a better explanation of the issues at hand.

Could someone in the know either post here or PM me and explain in a bit more detail? Which are two factions fighting for control? What are the differences between the two factions? What the heck is going on?

Is this just a willy-waving contest or is group A proposing a particular change and group B is opposing it?

The present E-Board has worked very hard to cultivate the club into what it is today.

Two of the opposing candidates are police officers or retired police officers who have long indicated a preference for shaking things up. PM me if you'd like the details.

The present E-board likes things the way they are, and so do I.

I was told, during my orientation tour last weekend, that some of the new folks are IDPA and CAS type shooters, so that there would be more folks in officer slots in those areas. I guess that the action shooters are underrepresented now?

I'll be there. Haven't seen a letter from Clarence yet. But I can't for the life of me see what would need to be shaken up. I love everything about the place and I happily drive by several closer clubs on my way to shoot there.

Depending on if my GF comes down Thursday or Friday I'll be there. I need to turn in my dues.... of course must decide if I really want to continue there as I don't have a MA LTC anymore...

I'd like to join as well. Is the Annual Meeting a bad time to do it?

Also, anybody here willing to sponsor me?

+2... I saw this thread and was thinking the same thing... I have been mulling over joining HSC for awhile now, and now is as good a time as any.

-Mike

I'd like to join as well. Is the Annual Meeting a bad time to do it?

Also, anybody here willing to sponsor me?

Sponsorship is pretty much just a formality. That said, I'd be happy to sponsor you or drgrant.

Sponsorship is pretty much just a formality. That said, I'd be happy to sponsor you or drgrant.

Thanks DR... I'm guessing given what Ross said above, that the next "normal" meeting would be on the 7th of March? (first thursday in march.. )

-Mike

Wow, this is going to be a regular little shindig! Jim -- I'll add my hat to the pile -- if you need a sponsor, just holler!

If anyone's interested, I'll probably be getting up there about 3:30 or so to do some shooting before the 5:30 supper.

Back
Top Bottom