Hands down best .22 pistol?

Walther P22. Best 22 pistol ever made on the planet.
dVoSQF2.gif

Where is the sarcasm note :)
But I digress, SW 617, love shooting plates and beating semi guys.
Any Ruger MK model, totally customizable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, with 10 rounds its not like you have a capacity disadvantage. ;- )

A 6" 617 is my next purchase. But I'm not going to pay through the nose to get it immediately.

My sig mosquito was appropriately named because it is as annoying as mosquito.
the stock feedramp needed work. Despite tweeking it, failure to fire is still a big issue compared to my SR22.

my vote for SR22 or markII
walther P22 or mark III would be my runners up

Uh . . Squib. That was sarcasm. Inspired by the guy who said the Walther was the best .22 ever.

haha ok. yeah i was the kid who never got the joke.
honestly i do like my sig mosquito. Its a weird little gun buti still like it.

- - - Updated - - -

I vote for the Smith 617 with a trigger job. Mine shoots dime sized groups at 50 yards off a rest.

i love the 617 too but the OP wrote pistol so i just think of autos when people say "pistol"

I'm the knucklehead who bought the Walther P22, went through the whole pistol a couple times to get it (sort of) reliable, and then realized it was too small for my hands.

So I bought a Mosquito.

[banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

I don't even have the excuse that I didn't know what a good (i.e., functioning) 22LR was like - I have a Ruger Mk II, S&W 17 and 22A, and have put in some serious time with Dad's Buckmark.

So, M&P 22 or SR22 next?

Shot my sr22 for the first time, i shot a total of 200 rounds.
50 rounds each of winchester super x, aguilla, armscor and some german made 22, forgot the brand.
All without a hickup, i'm sold on this little pistol.

SR22 by a wide margin. I am not a fan of Ruger 22 pistols, they are a pain in the ass to clean and reassemble (IMHO of course)

Still loving my Ruger SR22 with over 4000 rounds through it, it won't eat everything but pretty close, some rounds just ain't made for an auto IMHO.

Little sucker hits the 12" gong at 100 yards on a good day, can't complain about that very much.

Last edited:
Ruger Mk2. Best 22 pistol I've ever owned. Had it for 6 years and I've never disassembled it for cleaning. A few drops of CLP once in a while and it always runs.

100_1461.jpg

Ruger Mk2. Best 22 pistol I've ever owned. Had it for 6 years and I've never disassembled it for cleaning. A few drops of CLP once in a while and it always runs.

100_1461.jpg

Which pretty much negates the complaints about cleaning. You really don't have to clean them very often.

I made a special tool to make it easier to open the mainspring. I'll get a pic of it tonight.

Not really. If you shoot them a lot they get dirty and needing a special tool to break down and or reassemble is annoying- again that is where I stand on it YMMV. That is why I dont have a ruger 22 rifle. The takedown 22 rifle however is a lot better as you can at least clean the barrel without disassembling the receiver...

Which pretty much negates the complaints about cleaning. You really don't have to clean them very often.

I made a special tool to make it easier to open the mainspring. I'll get a pic of it tonight.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

Someone on this thread just described going four thousand rounds between cleanings, even if you shoot a lot it's not something you need to do often.

With respect to the 10 22, drilling a hole in the back of the receiver is a simple way to allow anyone to clean the barrel from the rear. One screw to remove the stock and you are at it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Someone on this thread just described going four thousand rounds between cleanings, even if you shoot a lot it's not something you need to do often.

With respect to the 10 22, drilling a hole in the back of the receiver is a simple way to allow anyone to clean the barrel from the rear. One screw to remove the stock and you are at it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Couldn't you just use a bore snake ? Or a metal cable over a rod for useing a brush / jag? Like the Otis kits one with .....

Back
Top Bottom