Guns you'll never EVER sell or trade

I've got a lot of guns I'll never sell because I spent so long trying to find them and some are just way too hard to get these days.

There are 3 that stand out for me. One is a new Springfield Armory M1 Garand my father bought as a birthday/Christmas gift about 8 years ago. Another is an old non import marked Chinese SKS I bought the day after my son was born. I bought it with the intention of giving it to him when he's old enough. The other is the Sig 226 I won during in the first NES giveaway. I've never been lucky at winning raffles/giveaways and was shocked as hell to get the message that I won out of over 800 people.

I have two that I would never sell. My first ever gun, P220 Carry Elite, and my favorite, 1942 SA M1 Garand.

My grandfathers S&W Model 36 flat latch that he gave to me as my first handgun. History & holster wear. I love that gun.

Also, the 1911 that I built.

Meh, everything I own has it's "sell" price. A few would be high enough that they probably wouldn't sell. I have a lot of guns and pretty much all of them are tools.

I would sell every gun I own if offered the right price.....same thing applies to any material item I own.

For my entire current collection, this is an accurate statement. I'd have to keep something, but there is nothing I currently own that I wouldn't be willing to part with for the right price.

However, if I ever come into the possession of my grandfather's old Stevens pump 12 gauge, I can guarantee that would never leave my safe until it was passed to one of my children.

I have two old revolvers that I would never part with. They belonged to my uncle who was a town police officer back in the 60s. One is his S&W 15-3 service revolver and the other is his S&W Combat Masterpiece. His service revolver is in mint condition and I'm betting he almost never took it out of his holster. Now the Combat Masterpiece is a 22lr 6 shot revolver that is absolutely beat to hell. Looks like crap, but the cylinder still locks up tight and it shoots great.

My 1941 nazi fn hi power bring back from my uncle (second armored )
arisaka type 99 different uncle bring back (occupied japan 1945)
My son wants them. I waited, he can wait :)

Nice try Martha. You don't need to know what I have.

Seriously, my brother bought a pair of sequential serial # vaquero's. So that's pretty special to me.

My first gun was an SR22. Nothing special about it so no temptation of a great offer. I'll keep it forever.

I need to find out what my grandfather has. I heard he may have given away the sidearm he wore in WWII. I'm afraid that asking him directly may be a sore subject so I need to ask my uncle who is the only other gun owner that I know of in the family.

The guns that were passed down through the family , Namely the LC smith double barrel and the revolutionary war musket

also there sits on my grandfathers wall a 1897 shotgun, everyone says it doesnt work anymore. Doesnt matter to me that thing is getting passed down through the generations.

there are numerous others that will stay in the family.

I am also a collector. I don't buy anything I don't love. But if it came down to it, I would never sell my Mosin. It's my first gun. I bought it when I was broke and have spent so much time tinkering with it. I refinished the stock multiple times and cleaned it more than all the guns I own put together. It's more sentimental than anything.

I am also a collector. I don't buy anything I don't love. But if it came down to it, I would never sell my Mosin. It's my first gun. I bought it when I was broke and have spent so much time tinkering with it. I refinished the stock multiple times and cleaned it more than all the guns I own put together. It's more sentimental than anything.

Something about them mosins........just de-cosmolined a 1940 with my son last week and shot it at the range last Saturday......memories to last a lifetime! The memories attached with a fire arms with time spent with my boy are worth more than the gun itself.

Might be easier to list what I would sell. My P6? Maybe but unlikely, it being my first carry piece and a nice range/teaching pistol. My Mosin? Probably, but if I need to sell a $125 dollar rifle I'm already in a bad place. My 10/22? Probably, but I'd like to finish Appleseeding it and get my patch before that ever happens. That's about it.

I had an HK-91 back in the early 90's. Bought it for $600. Sold it in '94 for $800. Now I desperately want one, but can't touch one for less than $3,800.

Pre-lock S&W 686.

Great gun, huh? [wink]

I like to experience as many firearms as possible so I am always buying and selling guns to manage the size of the collection. Unfortunately I don't have too many sentimental guns but naturally they will never be sold. Unfortunately I only have the Colt box and some ammo for my Grandfathers service revolver.

Yesterday I had the unique opportunity to buy the Colt Trooper daily carry firearm from the retired police officer owner and his wife. The look on his face as I took it may earn it a permanent spot in my collection. It was a little pitted, so I am in the process of polishing it and will send the old owner a photo to remember it by.

Chris

Last edited:
being the only gunner in my family, i have been the recipient of a few pieces that will be spread amongst my children, 1901 - wincester 1892 32-20 ( my great grandfathers), type 99 arisaka with bayonet (war trophy) and remington model 11 shotgun ( grand fathers), model 19 357 and rossie 38 snubbie ( my dad's),and a nickel model 10 38 snubbie ( my mothers only gun).....

Any gun my dad hunted a lot, and any gun thats been willed to my dad or i. Ill also hold on to the first gun i ever shot a deer with (browning sweet 16) which will be handed down to my son.

My gen 4 glocks wont get sold until i exit this pos state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom