Gunpal

I'm curious about this, too. I hope it takes off. We need an alternative to Paypal.... Paypal is just absurd.

-Mike

If it's legit and secure they got my business. Heck they will even send a portion of the payment to your choice of places. Good way to help out GOAL with every purchase. Thing is though, is it legit and secure?

They must have changed the terms recently.

This was posted on Bumpgire.net
http://www.bumpfire.net/forums/showthread.php?t=827

HEALDSBURG, CA – October 29, 2009 (For Immediate Release)

“GUNPAL, Inc. is a transaction-neutral online payments platform with a philanthropic spirit,” announces Founder/CEO Ben Cannon. "It is also the first serious competitor for PayPal Inc."

A percentage of each transaction is donated to a selected charity at no additional cost to the user. The initial list of organizations includes the American Red Cross, American Cancer Society, and the Supercomputing Disease Research Center. Users can also suggest charities for consideration.

An avid supporter of constitutional rights, Cannon created a discrimination-free online payments application, starting with the recognition of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

Prohibited by PayPal's "Acceptable Use Policy", the $3 billion firearms and accessories industry has adopted GUNPAL as the payments platform of choice. “Firearms can only be sold by licensed dealers. GUNPAL is more convenient than other forms of payment as its comprehensive transaction tracking system is secure and reliable for our audits,” says Mitchel Chapman of WBtactical.com, a licensed firearms dealer.

An estimated one hundred million firearm owners nationwide now have a platform with which they can trade ammunition, scopes, and other accessories securely and hassle-free. As a socially responsible company, GUNPAL directs its firearm buyers to government documentation on current firearm laws and regulations and will provide licensed dealer listings by buyers' zip codes in a future release. Having dominated the firearms niche, GUNPAL is already targeting other under-served markets with several new projects under way.

With every line of code written in-house, most of the engineering effort has been dedicated to fraud prevention. GUNPAL’s unique anti-fraud and anti-phishing systems take a finer-toothed comb through customer data for maximum privacy and security. Reduced fraud cuts operating costs resulting in lower fees for most common transactions as compared to PAYPAL. Cannon's first company, GeoVario, LLC, was the natural choice for web-hosting services.

Founded in 2004, GUNPAL is a transaction-neutral online payment system that allows easy transfer of funds to anyone with an email address. Privately funded, GUNPAL has revolutionized the transfer of money with its pro-constitutional voice, unique anti-fraud approach, and philanthropic spirit. The company is expected to expand its services internationally in the near future.

For further information and questions, please contact [email protected] or visit http://www.gunpal.net

Also please feel free to use this image and link to http://www.gunpal.net on your websites!

If it's legit and secure they got my business. Heck they will even send a portion of the payment to your choice of places. Good way to help out GOAL with every purchase. Thing is though, is it legit and secure?

The Quote above from Bumpfire.net says that Gunpal has been around since 2004. It seems strange that we haven't heard about them. I am a member of a large airgun community and no one there, that I know of, uses Gunpal. Gotta be careful here.

They are a legitimate company. The founders of Gunpal are Geovario.

They host Calguns.net, I considered having them host NES but it was a little too much.

They are a legitimate company. The founders of Gunpal are Geovario.

They host Calguns.net, I considered having them host NES but it was a little too much.

Question for you Derek. When I renew my NES membership would I be able to use Gunpal rather than the evil Paypal?

I am bit skeptical about this GunPal site. its out there since 2004 but first time on my horizon. I know PayPal collecting data on all transactions and passing to Fed Reserve, GunPal very specific about firearms sales and it sounds to me like a excellent way to collect all data on everyone who is selling, when, selling what and selling to whom.
I prefer to use some web-services that not collecting that type of data.
I know Google checkout doesn't required to statement of goods that was sold - its optional.
How about Google Checkout? Did any 1 used Google checkout? is it firearms sales friendly?

Last edited:
This might be good news for me, as I am banned for life from PayPal and Ebay after purchasing what they consider "gun-related" items against the terms of use. The seller was banned as well. But only after the fact and after both Ebay and Paypal had collected their due.

I am bit skeptical about this GunPal site. its out there since 2004 but first time on my horizon. I know PayPal collecting data on all transactions and passing to Fed Reserve, GunPal very specific about firearms sales and it sounds to me like a excellent way to collect all data on everyone who is selling, when, selling what and selling to whom.
I prefer to use some web-services that not collecting that type of data.
I know Google checkout doesn't required to statement of goods that was sold - its optional.
How about Google Checkout? Did any 1 used Google checkout? is it firearms sales friendly?

Not to be paranoid...huh...what...whozat...but Exactly what I was thinking. What a nice clean why to have lots and lots of gunowners tell them (an anti org or maybe the government) all about their buying habits who/what/when/where...Nancy Pulosi would love this info! Can you see her aids...why did this person need a 50 caliber...what do they want to do with that "insert firearm here"???

Just be careful before you sign up and start giving anybody your info. Just my 2 cents.

You guys are paranoid. Heck you can buy candy and pop corn if the seller will accept payment through Gunpal. Who says it will only be used for gun paraphenalia? I'm joining!

It owners and board are VERY impressive.

They are indeed....

Ulysses S. Grant Early IV, Owner, CaliforniaRifles.com.

"Mr. Early has super-powers including the ability to read minds, create fire with his gaze, and shred women's clothing from thought alone."

And they have Oleg Volk, too!

I went to another forum and found that a couple of guys signed up for Gunpal today and then took it for a ride. The transaction went well and the person in the transaction had Gunpal make a donation to the NRA as his choice of charities. Anyway here's a copy of his post about his experience using Gunpal:

I had to stay at the work thing this afternoon. XXX sent me the payment info. I logged in and did the send money thing at 5:02. It works about the same as paypal but there is a group of boxes to check for charities and non profits - and I was very happy to see the NRA which I checked.I got an almost immediate email saying money had been sent with good details for my records and a link to the site. I went there and it showed the money had been sent. XXX has already replied the he has received an email telling him the money is in his account. He can relate his experience of retreiving the money. So I say we have a sucessful operation going here. I will monitor for awhile just to be sure. It will be interesting to see how much buzz goes on in all the numerous firearm related forums. I have already found a few where it is being talked about. Use it and put the pinch on ebay/paypal - they deserve it!

Hi Everyone. My name is Ben Cannon and I am the CEO of GUNPAL, Inc. I've been registered here on NES for a while now but mostly lurk. Great place run by a great team!

Not to be paranoid...huh...what...whozat...but Exactly what I was thinking. What a nice clean why to have lots and lots of gunowners tell them (an anti org or maybe the government) all about their buying habits who/what/when/where...Nancy Pulosi would love this info! Can you see her aids...why did this person need a 50 caliber...what do they want to do with that "insert firearm here"???

Just be careful before you sign up and start giving anybody your info. Just my 2 cents.

Heh, I have to admit I got a chuckle out of this.

1. GUNPAL is hardly limited to guns only, it may be used to pay anyone with an email address.

2. You don't actually have to disclose much more than you do with PayPal. I will personally give any anti gun orgs "The Finger" (and post pics) if they try to get access to any of your data. Even if its mostly beanie-babies!

Anyway, welcome, thank you for reading this thread, please do check out the website and our Board when you get a chance, and make an intelligent informed decision about wether to proceed. I take sharing of my bank information very seriously and so should you!

Best!
-Ben Cannon.
CEO, GUNPAL, INC.
I need to buy a membership, but I wanna pay in GUNPAL :) Derek you've got PM.

Last edited:
Now, that's setting the record straight, Ben! +4 and I'm signing up.

Hi Everyone. My name is Ben Cannon and I am the CEO of GUNPAL, Inc. I've been registered here on NES for a while now but mostly lurk. Great place run by a great team!

1. GUNPAL is hardly limited to guns only, it may be used to pay anyone with an email address.

2. You don't actually have to disclose much more than you do with PayPal. I will personally give any anti gun orgs "The Finger" (and post pics) if they try to get access to any of your data. Even if its mostly beanie-babies!

Anyway, welcome, thank you for reading this thread, please do check out the website and our Board when you get a chance, and make an intelligent informed decision about wether to proceed. I take sharing of my bank information very seriously and so should you!

Best!
-Ben Cannon.
CEO, GUNPAL, INC.

This might be good news for me, as I am banned for life from PayPal and Ebay after purchasing what they consider "gun-related" items against the terms of use. The seller was banned as well. But only after the fact and after both Ebay and Paypal had collected their due.

Must have been more than "gun related" like a gun or major gun part (barrel, frame, etc) cause I bought a magazine holster and neither myself nor the seller were banned from ebay or paypal.

There are plenty of sellers selling gun related accessories (like holsters and small parts) on ebay.

Best!
-Ben Cannon.
CEO, GUNPAL, INC.

Nice!! Welcome to the forum. Reps sent.

I'm still waiting for my signup confirmation and can't continue the registration until I do.

Ben, are you still reading? [smile]

I'd send them an email and explain that you are having difficulty. Maybe you signed up and mistakenly mistyped your email addy.

I'd send them an email and explain that you are having difficulty. Maybe you signed up and mistakenly mistyped your email addy.

I will. The addy is ok because that's what my user name is and it works to login. I just can't do anything as it says I haven't completed the registration process and to see the email.

Back
Top Bottom