GUNPAL is now Gpal

Received in an e-mail today

https://www.gpal.net/

HEALDSBURG, CA – May 13, 2010 (For Immediate Release)

GUNPAL, the leader in transaction-neutral online payment processing, is now operating as GPal, Inc. at the website https://www.gpal.net/

In order to appeal to a broader market and offer superior products and services, we are reorganizing under GPal, Inc. Our users will find familiar functionality and feel, secured by our Verisign EV SSL Certificate, the strongest in the world.

Only the name is evolving to better serve our user base and provide a growth path for expansion. All buttons, links and banners will continue to work but will be redirected to gpal.net. Thank you for your support thus far in providing a transaction-neutral payment service.

Sincerely, Ben Cannon
Chairman/CEO
GPal, Inc.

google doesn't use gxxxx on anything but gmail. It's google news, google videos, etc. So they would have far less to stand on than apple and apple is standing on a house of cards with any argument they have the rights to anything ixxxx. In fact, they bought the iPad mark so clearly they are bullying people in the app store and elsewhere.

Has anyone used GUNPAL/Gpal yet? I was a big fan of PayPal up until the point where I had to file a claim for a item never shipped after I payed, and spent four months in limbo w/o the money or the item. I guess time will tell with GPal.

Why not? Apple thinks they own everything that starts with a lowercase 'i'.

google doesn't use gxxxx on anything but gmail. It's google news, google videos, etc. So they would have far less to stand on than apple and apple is standing on a house of cards with any argument they have the rights to anything ixxxx. In fact, they bought the iPad mark so clearly they are bullying people in the app store and elsewhere.

Interestingly enough, Apple is being sued by Fajitsu for trademark violation over the "iPad". Fujitsu had a product released and trademarked in 2003. Mark information can be found here > Fijitsu IPAD

But we all know Apple will toss them some hush money and it will all go away...

Looks like Ben finally succumbed to a moment of clarity. There was no way he was going to get any widespread acceptance with the name GUNPal. Guns are scary, dontchaknow.

Last edited:
Kooks like Ben finally succumbed to a moment of clarity. There was no way he was going to get any widespread acceptance with the name GUNPal. Guns are scary, dontchaknow.

I was surprised it didn't happen sooner.

I was surprised it didn't happen sooner.
I was surprised that it didn't happen in the first week. He had to have been told "great idea, but you might wanna rethink that name" fifty times a day. It really makes me question his sensibility.

Back
Top Bottom