• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gunpal issues!!

Just reading over at Snipershide and it looks like GP is having some issues with transfering money in a timely fashion. These are not isolated instances with 1 or 2 individuals, but lots of folks having to wait to get their money after a sale has been completed and vendors that have had to wait up to 18 days for transaction funds to be deposited.
Just wonder why folks have to be in such a rush and can't use postal MO's instead.

I received an email from GPal today that reads in part:

Recently we have received many complaints concerning a lack of response from GPal. On June 15th we became aware of a problem affecting some customers with our Email Support web page. The problem has been resolved, but for the week previous support emails that were submitted may not have gone through. We sincerely apologize for this. Here at GPal we take a lot of pride in our service and our attention to you as an individual customer.

Not sure if this has anything to do with transfers, but thought I'd post it just the same.

I am one of the "victims" of Gpal. They are holding customer payments for over a month with no response from them via email/phone or otherwise. I hate to say this, but I have NEVER had this issue with Paypal.

Who else offers online payments?

Andy, Costco/BJ's/Sam's Club can set you up as a vendor (with no monthly minimums if you take "executive membership" for $100/yr) at cheaper rates and no BS.

I'd also file a consumer fraud complaint with the NH AG if I were you. When gov't asks questions of a merchant, they usually pay attention . . . whereas they will ignore a customer.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I've had the same issues with Gunpal. Each time I have used it it's taken at least 10 days for the funds to simply transfer to my bank account. With Paypal, it's 2 days at most. During each instance I've e-mailed gunpal and got a response from them insisting it's not their fault. I'm seriously considering dropping gunpal all together. The firearms community waited a long time for it's own payment system. Too bad it had to suck when we finally got it.

I've been trying to contact Gpal since yesterday morning with no succes, when I'm lucky I get a machine that just says that the wait time is either one or two minutes every now and then until the call is dropped some five minutes later. I'd file a complain with the BBB except Gpal doesn't show any physical address!

I've been trying to contact Gpal since yesterday morning with no succes, when I'm lucky I get a machine that just says that the wait time is either one or two minutes every now and then until the call is dropped some five minutes later. I'd file a complain with the BBB except Gpal doesn't show any physical address!

I do NOT vouch for this info, but a quick search turned up something that might help you folks. Good luck!

From an Email that I received signed as follows:

HEALDSBURG, CA – May 13, 2010 (For Immediate Release)

GUNPAL, the leader in transaction-neutral online payment processing, is now operating as GPal, Inc. at the website https://www.gpal.net/

In order to appeal to a broader market and offer superior products and services, we are reorganizing under GPal, Inc. Our users will find familiar functionality and feel, secured by our Verisign EV SSL Certificate, the strongest in the world.

Only the name is evolving to better serve our user base and provide a growth path for expansion. All buttons, links and banners will continue to work but will be redirected to gpal.net. Thank you for your support thus far in providing a transaction-neutral payment service.

Sincerely, Ben Cannon
Chairman/CEO
GPal, Inc.

About GPal:
GPal is an online payments and money transfer service that allows you to send money to anyone with an email address in a transaction-neutral environment. GPal has revolutionized the transfer of money in heavily regulated industries and deals with fraud in a unique and very successful way. Accounts at GPal are FDIC insured. The company is expected to expand its offerings internationally in the near future. For more information please visit https://www.gpal.net/ or contact [email protected]

Copyright © 2004-2010 GPal, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
"GPal", "G>" and the GPal Logo are Trademarks of GPal, Inc.

I was able to do a little search and turned up the following:

Benjamin P Cannon
1083 Vine St, Ste 215
Healdsburg, CA 95448-4830
(707) 922-5730
Job: Cannon Group of Companies, President

Gpal ~ Run from them as fast as you can. Just tried them again. As I said last year while there was wide support here the was no customer support or even a response. Sounds like jail time to me?

The thread at TFL keeps going as well. Many problems. Calguns.net, the home of Ben Cannon, Owner of Gpal, has an entire section devoted to gpal. From reading only a few posts it is clear that there are massive problems with Gpal. Problems bordering on fraud IMHO.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=201

I have a gpal account but never used it. I wanted to confirm the linked account. That never happened even though I clicked to confirm. There is also no way to remove your account. Seems very shady to me that I can't remove the account info.

Bumping this as I'm also a GPAL victim. They have over $800 of my money from the techwear group buy that I've been trying to get since JUNE. They don't respond to support requests and their phone system just immediately hangs up on you. They claim to be fixing the issues and their website shows business as usual. To me this borders on out and out fraud.

I did a group buy recently and GunPal is still holding my money hostage. There is no way for me to link a "traditional" account and thus no way to transfer the money. Luckily only one person used GunPal and it's only $215 bucks, but it's still annoying.

Last edited:
What pisses me off the most about this is if someone actually gets a real paypal replacement running nobody will f**king trust it as a result of what this guy has done..... [sad2]

-Mike

Man, I must be the only one who hasn't had problems yet. I used GPal as one of the methods for the group karma, I linked it to my bank account back in May. I've been able to transfer money back and forth from it (granted, last time I tried was about a month and a half ago). Just logged in, and the link to my bank account appears to be good still.

My only complaint was that Paypal gives you the option to set a payment as Personal instead of Purchase, and they don't skim any money off the top when you do. GPal skims money no matter what, but I chalked it up to them being a startup.

ETA: Last GPal transaction I made was on 6/25, over 2 months ago.

Last edited:
Still nothing out of GPAL. Some people seem to be getting helped in the gpal section at calguns and the help section at auctionarms, so I posted at calguns last thursday and AA today. We'll see if that shakes anything loose.

William, I don't know how you got so lucky. I've been trying to get the money for the Techwear buy since around that time.

Ben combs the forum at calguns and deletes any negative sounding threads multiple times a day. The issue is painfully obvious but there is no outlet for everyone to get together - they are having liquidity problems. Someone dipped into the nest egg and now it's a Ponzi set up. There is no other explanation for it - if I was running a business like that and I had problems with software I'd have interns working around the clock to fill out checks... not that it should take longer than an eight hour shift for a few people. How many clients do you really think they have? It shouldn't take FOUR MONTHS to iron out issues with software.

Myself and a business partner had an issue with them not paying after seven days. After contacting the CA DOJ, MA AG, BBB, FTC, and IC3 we had our money within 24 hours, via electronic transfer to boot (that is what is supposedly not working, they insist on sending checks out adding 5-10 days to processing time). There are others from way before us that don't have their money yet.

Looks like I waited too long to start raising heck. Gpal seems to have stopped even deleting posts at this point. It seems no one has had any contact at all this week. I'm starting to think they finally gave up the facade and skipped town.

William, I don't know how you got so lucky. I've been trying to get the money for the Techwear buy since around that time.

I'm not sure. I don't know exactly when I linked the GPal account to my bank account, but I'm pretty sure it was the very beginning of May. I won't dare test transferring money to it at this point.

When did you last get $ out of them? It looks like they really started having serious issues in June, but they were stumbling along paying people occasionally until last week. They've been claiming the whole time that they had some issues with their ACH processor and everything would be back to normal in a week or two. That gets pretty old after 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom