GunPal / Paypal killer: Chase Person to Person Quickpay

Wonder how they feel about transactions referencing to firearms/ammo/reloading supplies or anything else pertaining to weapons. That's what makes PayPal suck so hard. Couldn't find any of the keywords referenced on their Terms & Conditions page, but not sure on their stance.

Wonder how they feel about transactions referencing to firearms/ammo/reloading supplies or anything else pertaining to weapons. That's what makes PayPal suck so hard. Couldn't find any of the keywords referenced on their Terms & Conditions page, but not sure on their stance.

I hope they roll like Honey Badgers.

Considering that nearly 100% of my guns/ammo/reloading supplies roll through Chase accounts, I'd say they're down with it.

And if it's truly person to person, how in the F would they know what it's for?

Considering that nearly 100% of my guns/ammo/reloading supplies roll through Chase accounts, I'd say they're down with it.

And if it's truly person to person, how in the F would they know what it's for?

Same way as paypal, when "what you are paying for" is referenced. I have used paypal for firearm related stuff, but I am careful NEVER to reference that in any field relating to the transaction. The other option is the "gift" thing, but you can't do too much of that, or they shut you down. I always try to go with USPS money orders when buying or selling, though, since it keeps online records to a minimum, and keeps me out of hot water with my better half.[wink]

Paypal is easy to use if you just stay vague about the description. It machined parts, repair parts, etc., etc.

There are a LOT of gun parts on eBay at any moment. Just do a search for M1 Garand or SKS or something like that on eBay and you'll see everything from bayonets to trigger parts or gas componets, complete bolts and slings. To use eBay you MUST pay by PayPal anymore. So, I don't have a problem with being vague. PayPal isn't a great operation but works ok as long as you don't give them anything to bitch about. Once I had a fella put down 'Woodsman Magazines" and that raised a lot of problems that I was able to revolve after a lot of haggling. Still, those types of items are on eBay and I don't know how they get around accepting those sales but reject others. Just stay away from anything that say firearms or ammo and you'll be fine.

Rome

A basic requirement for using any of the payment systems, whether its paypal, square, chase, whatever is to maintain a checking account SOLELY for the purpose of receiving payments. Otherwise they can take money out of your account whenever they deem fit.

Its simple. Just set up a free checking account where you normally do your banking. Then use that account for payments. After a payment is made or every couple of days if you do a lot of transactions, transfer the money into your regular account. Now the deposit account has a zero balance.

Don

Back
Top Bottom