• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Transfer and registration Questions

Mil-Dot

Instructor
NES Member
I have a couple of questions about gun transfer and registration. I looked at many post and found good information but nothing to answer these two questions (sorry if I missed them).

1. My father has a gun collection and want to give it to me. Is this a problem with the 4 transfers/per year law?

2. If I alter a gun that has been registered in MA (Finish, Re-barrel (20-22") etc) do I need to do something (registration wise)?

3. If I purchase a C&R gun to keep in my collection, do I need to file an FA-10 or just keep recorded it in my books? I found several posts on this subject but most dealt with selling after purchase.

Mike

1. My father has a gun collection and want to give it to me. Is this a problem with the 4 transfers/per year law?

Yes, you'll have to go through an FFL if he's transfering more than 4 firearms to you.

Mil-Dot said:
2. If I alter a gun that has been registered in MA (Finish, Re-barrel (20-22") etc) do I need to do something (registration wise)?

Nope, you don't need to do anything.

Mil-Dot said:
3. If I purchase a C&R gun to keep in my collection, do I need to file an FA-10 or just keep recorded it in my books? I found several posts on this subject but most dealt with selling after purchase.

Yes, you must file an FA-10, even if it's a C&R gun.

Back
Top Bottom