Gun Traffic Arrest , Tewksbury

I doubt the trafficking charges but I think we can all agree he's stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As is anyone not from Massachusetts who enters Massachusetts with the intent to do anything involving guns... Including Airsoft, SuperSoakers, whatever... Even NON "gun people" know this place is FUBAR...
Just sayin'

You guys are scary. This fact is CLEAR... He was a NH resident , unlicensed in the state of MA and he was selling firearms and ammunition in a MA hotel room.

If you are a NH resident selling guns in a MA hotel room you are either willingly engaged in criminal activity or you should be prohibited from possessing a firearm due to diminished mental capacity.

Nah, you're scary, for assuming that someone who wants to buy or sell a gun is some kind of a criminal by default. That's why we're in this mess to begin with.

The numbers don't add up here. Was the guy stupid with regards to his ignorance of the law? Probably, but it's not like they found a dozen handguns in his car or something. Most criminals want handguns, everything else is junk/worthless to them. (the stats behind actual shootings and gun recoveries bear this out pretty well. ) So the authorities entire stated position that this guy was some kind of elite gun trafficker is somewhat dubious to begin with. This smells like a fishing expedition and the ATF type wanted -something- so he got this dumbass to suck for his ploy.

-Mike

BEGINNING?? Remember it was a Retired ATF Agent who went around that state and told everyone that he thought would listen how the permits that were to come out of the 1998 Gun Law would allow those that held them to no longer need to go through the NICS check. So how did that work out for you. I was at one of these sessions so don't tell me he wasn't pushing that bullshit, His name, William Pickett, You folks remember him now???

Not that I trust the ATF but let's make something abundantly clear here.... part of getting a NICS bypass is the state has to request it from the feds by showing that it meets the criteria... and there is no way in hell anyone from MA .gov was ever going to participate in that process. So you can blame some ATF guy all you want, but the reality is MA was never going to do its part to seek this exemption. Of course the NICS exemption now is irrelevant, MA couldn't get it unless it reduced the terms of its license. (I think the maximum NICS exemption license amount is like 5 years not 6. )

-Mike

If You look at the reported list of charges, "Trafficking" is the "Buzzword Charge" that brings ATF into play, all the other charges appear to be "State Charges.

That kind of makes the whole thing smell even more dubious... fed couldn't even come up with enough charges on his own to get an AUSA to take this case, so they let the locals draw him up on state charges so he can save face. Great "detective" work, can't even write the gun up on a few federal felonies because the guy sucks at his job. (Or the AUSA told him to **** off because his case looks like it might fail at that level, given how this guy looks pretty boring and not some kinda criminal mastermind. )

-Mike

I'm glad the government is in such great shape that they can worry about something this trivial. Over 2000 guns were illegally sold by the feds in the Fast and Furious debacle, how many ATF agents were charged with trafficking?

Pickett was the guy in charge of FRB at the time. All I am doing is showing that based on results, that all the folks from ATF are ****ING LIARS!!!

Who was the AG at the time though? I guess what I'm getting at is Pickett may have had a case of verbal diarrhea wherein he didn't understand that someone like the AG would have to be directly involved in making MA a NICS bypass state. I don't even know the guy so I'm not trying to defend him, he could still be a douchebag, but there's a lot of reasons why someone could say that, but never see it in reality on the back end.

-Mike

this guy was a janitor at a local manufacturing company, tryied selling his guns at Collectable Arms in Merrimack where they made a "reasonable" offer CAs words not mine. my guess is he was looking for at least a grand for both guns and the ammo and he had been getting low balled.

The more charges the longer he will be sentenced to probation when he makes a deal with the attorney general.

Nah, makes the state's bargaining position better, so when they drop 19 out of 20 charges (or whatever it is) they get to say "Well well well, we already dropped most of the charges against your client, so you should suck for and take this disabling felony rap that doesn't have any jail time with it, because it's a good deal. "

Dealing with Darth Vader probably sucks less...

Last edited by a moderator:
this guy was a janitor at a local manufacturing company, tryied selling his guns at Collectable Arms in Merrimack where they made a "reasonable" offer CAs words not mine. my guess is he was looking for at least a grand for both guns and the ammo and he had been getting low balled.

If I was going to make a WAG this guy posted his shit on armslist and the fed fished him off there, and then conned him into coming into MA with the guns....

-Mike

With fibs all you need is the will, they provide the rest.

Limp Wrist Wahabist: "I WANNA BE A TERRERIST! I WANNA KILL INFIDELS!" (pouts)

Undercover Fed: "Here take this free gun, shoot some infidels, buddy. "

Limp Wrist Wahabist: "I went to the park and pointed that gun u gave me at the infidels, but it didn't work!!!! They laughed at me because I threw a tantrum in the park!!!!"

Undercover Fed: "Yeah we know, we were there, we filmed you while you were pulling the trigger. You looked pretty stupid. Guess what, you're also under arrest."

(short time passes, TV vans come)

Undercover Fed: "We just arrested a VERY DANGEROUS terrorist off the streets who had meticulously plotted a terror attack against americans."

Hilarity ensuses.

[rofl]

-Mike

Why is that Mossberg "large capacity"??? It's a pump and it's a 5 round fixed tube...

20151021_052109_TewksburyWeapons_500.jpg

Because the media says it is...now shut up and comply.

Um... It's not *trafficking* if he sold in NH, but it's still a Federal crime to sell to a non NH resident.

Word on the street those who profess to know him is he has a baby on the way and has been all over Facebook and other sites trying to sell his guns because he needs the money. Sure, he was obviously ignorant of the laws. So was I when I moved to MA from a free state. Living my entire life in a place where normal firearm use didn't land you in jail, I never even considered the fact that simply having a gun and ammo would make you a felon. The idea never even crossed my mind. It made about as much sense as someone telling me you could go to jail for owning a belt.

Anything involving ATF needs to be looked at suspiciously.
Their history bears that out time after time.
The kid most likely got sucked in thinking he could make a few more bucks.
Probably not bright enough or experienced enough not to put it together.
As soon as he was asked to cross the state line to do the deal , the WTF bells should have gone off.

If I was going to make a WAG this guy posted his shit on armslist and the fed fished him off there, and then conned him into coming into MA with the guns....

-Mike

In the article is says he finally agreed to go to tweksbury. Right there tells us he refused at least a few times before agreeing. I want to know if the upped the offer price and how many times they asked him to go there.

Word on the street those who profess to know him is he has a baby on the way and has been all over Facebook and other sites trying to sell his guns because he needs the money. Sure, he was obviously ignorant of the laws. So was I when I moved to MA from a free state. Living my entire life in a place where normal firearm use didn't land you in jail, I never even considered the fact that simply having a gun and ammo would make you a felon. The idea never even crossed my mind. It made about as much sense as someone telling me you could go to jail for owning a belt.

If that's the case I feel truly sorry for him. Maybe the court will be lenient. In this day and age, with all the news about new gun laws being espoused on the news and on TV and radio, you'd think people would want to check on what laws may apply to them. I'm afraid it's too late for him to brush up on this subject now.

In the article is says he finally agreed to go to tweksbury. Right there tells us he refused at least a few times before agreeing. I want to know if the upped the offer price and how many times they asked him to go there.

Yeah, smells like a nice near-entrapment job. Smells like if he didn't need the money desperately he wouldn't have done it.

-Mike

If that's the case I feel truly sorry for him. Maybe the court will be lenient. In this day and age, with all the news about new gun laws being espoused on the news and on TV and radio, you'd think people would want to check on what laws may apply to them. I'm afraid it's too late for him to brush up on this subject now.

You'll have an ADA looking to turn this into a resume enhancer and a MA judge who hates guns. He's not going to jail for 10 yrs, probably not even going to jail but they are going to want him to plead to a charge that makes him a PP for life. He's had up for money, he's now lost his guns and ammo for $0. He's going to get stuck with a crappy lawyer. If he gets probation, that's $50 per month.

Even charges that are 100% BS, the ADA's won't drop them.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, smells like a nice near-entrapment job. Smells like if he didn't need the money desperately he wouldn't have done it.

-Mike

I bet they upped the money and it was too tempting. They didn't solve a crime, the created one. Such a stupid waste of time. The biggest issue with this country now are the out of control govt agencies.

You'd think so, but it just doesn't come to someone's mind at times. For example, if you moved to NH, would you check to see if you could legally own a steak knife? A baseball bat? When I moved to MA it never even occurred to me that the shotgun shells in my center console could make me a felon. The thought is just ludicrous.

As for this kid, the same may apply. After all, if he was 5 miles north he wouldn't have been breaking any laws.

know the person, has kid on way and taking care of 2 of his gf kids needed cash to get apartment because they were living week to week out of hotels, ATF informant saw he was try to sell it on facebook made offer he couldnt refuse, told his gf it was enough for apartment, toys for the kids and baby stuff instead there going to railroad him on trumped up charges and never see his kid born

Found elsewhere

Policing and prisons are a business that rely on people and their money to operate. What better way than to steal their stuff and force them into the system! At the same time! More proof they aren't looking out for the community but serving their own self interests. From things as small as uber rides to manufacturing felony crimes. System reset is in order. It's no coincidence things like his guns are what they are going after...think about it.

You'd think so, but it just doesn't come to someone's mind at times. For example, if you moved to NH, would you check to see if you could legally own a steak knife? A baseball bat? When I moved to MA it never even occurred to me that the shotgun shells in my center console could make me a felon. The thought is just ludicrous.

As for this kid, the same may apply. After all, if he was 5 miles north he wouldn't have been breaking any laws.

Tell me about it. My wife's family shat kittens seeing a gun rack in my truck.

Back
Top Bottom