Gun Traffic Arrest , Tewksbury

The antis will spin this into "need moar gun lawrs" even though several existing laws were broken by this guy.

I'm sure William ( I'll do and create laws as I see fit ) Taylor, chief windbag of Lowell's finest will chime in and grab some much needed press to make himself feel important. And to justify his new Gun restriction policy...

Unlicensed sale of ammunition? First time I have seen that charged.
In MA you need a special license to sell ammo. It used to get talked about a lot here and years ago the few people that posted WTS Ammo got told about it. The NES community seems to have lost its worries about this particular offense.

Since New Hampshire does not require a "Hall Pass" to own or buy firearms. The person buying the firearms would be the one would be the one violating the law.

Not unless the out of state buyer produced a false ID. If I sell to a nonresident, I'm still in the sling if I don't check his DL to verify one way or another. If I get duped by a fake ID, then double shame on them.

Interesting. Did they trap hip to sell the guns in MA, where it would be legal in NH?

To boot: "finest example" of collaboration to get guns off the street? REALLY?? So now its SHOTGUNS and Assault rifles that are doing all the killing?????

"Miller eventually agreed to meet with an undercover ATF agent at the Holiday Inn on Highwood Drive in Tewksbury"
Leads us to believe he initially disagreed (a few times?) because he knew it would be illegal in MA?

This guy is in several Facebook Gun sales groups. If I remember correctly from his posts he was having a hard time and needed cash, I'll see if I can find the posts. Probably was sick of not selling, so took them up on offer, but who knows.

Plenty of instances of people growing up in free states not knowing there are gun laws. Like the lady from VT that had no idea what the hell a gun permit was when she went to NY.

Or last year, the woman from NH who went to the Big E in springfield with her handgun in her purse. She left it someone and notified the security she lost her purse. When they found it, they arrested her for no LTC.

The laws in MA are not slightly different than VT, NH and Me, they are drastically different. I'm never surprised someone from a free state is confused about Ma laws. I was chit chatting with a northern VT gun shop owner last year when I was up there. He thought I was joking about what I told hom about the MA laws. He's never had to deal with them, so he had no idea they were that bad.

Though this may not be entrapment, I do smell a rat. That will have to come out during the court case as to whether Miller was coerced into conducting the transaction in Mass. after having declined to do so. There is no mention of this person being a "Prohibited Person" prior to this. So "If" Miller had conducted the sale in New Hampshire where he is resident of there would have been no violation of laws for ATF or Tewksbury to be involved in.

Remember this current Tewksbury Police Chief has no use for the U.S. Constitution, He was is up to his eyeballs in bed with the feds, He was the chief when the Caswell Bullshit was started and went down. There is the belief that was the work of one of the real estate families of that town.

Any and all conversations should have ben recorded. That kids lawyer needs to get those ASAP and find out who said what and when. From the sounds of it, they kept asking until they got him there. Did they offer more money which might have swayed him if he's desperate for money, etc.

Sad thing is he's deparate for money but some MA jackass judge is going to stick him with $100k bail so he'll be stuck in jail awaiting trial.

9MM can't kill a paper target. Any respectable gun owner knows you need at least a 40MM glock. (jk -...lol)

Seriously though...not sure if this guy was coerced to do the transaction across the state line. But this is more reason to take a course about the laws so you know your rights and what is legal and what is not as it pertains the use, possession, sale, transfer and transportation of a firearm.
Lets take a vote :

a. This is a case of government entrapment of a poor law abiding citizen who wandered a few miles south across some arbitrary government defined boundary and was pounced upon by the sinister BATF agents and anti gun Tewksbury police and is subsequently being eviscerated by the left wing Lowell press or ....

b. This is a case of some not very smart young guy from NH buying cheap ammo and guns in his home state and running them across the MA state line to make an easy profit selling the stuff to equally unscrupulous MA residents willing to meet him in hotel rooms and buy firearms for cash while breaking numerous federal and state laws?

Let's not take a vote since the facts are unclear.
You guys are scary. This fact is CLEAR... He was a NH resident , unlicensed in the state of MA and he was selling firearms and ammunition in a MA hotel room.

If you are a NH resident selling guns in a MA hotel room you are either willingly engaged in criminal activity or you should be prohibited from possessing a firearm due to diminished mental capacity.

Last edited:
You guys are scary. This fact is CLEAR... He was a NH resident , unlicensed in the state of MA and he was selling firearms and ammunition in a MA hotel room.

If you are a NH resident selling guns in a MA hotel room you are either willingly engaged in criminal activity or you should be prohibited from possessing a firearm due to diminished mental capacity.

That cannot be disputed. However, the circumstances which brought him to that hotel room are still unclear and I think we need more info.

Oh, one more thing...innocent until proven guilty. If he was trafficking then yeah, once they prove that in court then throw the book at him.

I know ignorance of the law is not an acceptable defense but it could just be a case that this guy is ignorant of the laws and crossing state line.

Not an excuse, but leo's could have deliberately taken advantage and enticed this guy into doing something illegal over here that wouldn't be illegal over there.

Last edited:
C'mon, the guy had three guns. No honest person needs three guns.

But he only was selling 2 of them. So he was looking to be honest with only 1 gun. [smile]

Yeah, he violated the law if those things are true. But do you think he was an arms trafficer or some dope who didn't knw the federal laws and was looking to sell privately.

If he wanted to meet in NH but they kept pushing him to meet in MA, I have major issue with this.

That cannot be disputed. However, the circumstances which brought him to that hotel room are still unclear and I think we need more info.

Yep.

Oh, one more thing...innocent until proven guilty. If he was trafficking then yeah, once they prove that in court then throw the book at him.

I know ignorance of the law is not an acceptable defense but it could just be a case that this guy is ignorant of the laws and crossing state line.

Not an excuse, but leo's could have deliberately taken advantage and enticed this guy into doing something illegal over here that wouldn't be illegal over there.

Agree with this..

Looks like he was a Veteran too.

How about waiting until the case gets to the court room and see if this is another, one of those where someone was "Pushing' for that sale location after the seller was not inclined to do so. Being that ATF is involved, to me makes it sound like a potential entrapment issue. They are famous for that bullshit.

Much like the FBI catching terrorist but providing the fake bombs and basically talking people into doing something they would never do on their own. Need the sheep to feel safe and justify the bloated budgets

Agree, but what if the facts come out that he refused to sell them time and time again because he knew it was illegal, then they raised the price to some ungodly number where he was beyond tempted to take the offer? Is this not entrapment?

just asking........

Lets take a vote :

a. This is a case of government entrapment of a poor law abiding citizen who wandered a few miles south across some arbitrary government defined boundary and was pounced upon by the sinister BATF agents and anti gun Tewksbury police and is subsequently being eviscerated by the left wing Lowell press or ....

b. This is a case of some not very smart young guy from NH buying cheap ammo and guns in his home state and running them across the MA state line to make an easy profit selling the stuff to equally unscrupulous MA residents willing to meet him in hotel rooms and buy firearms for cash while breaking numerous federal and state laws?

When we have Cops murdering people in cold blood then covering up the crime Or Cops claiming their car was shot at and caught fire, I wouldn't put it past these Millennial COPS to entrap a law abiding citizen to make an example of. The key here is hopefully the kid didn't squeal like a pig ( no punt intended ) when he was brought back to the station without Council present.

The ATF is in a league of its own when it comes to entrapment and setting up otherwise unwitting people. It's not hard to imagine that a person who is born and raised in NH would not understand anything about MA or federal law regarding guns. Hell, if I didn't have to jump through hoops in CT to carry guns I probably would never have known 90% of the stuff I know now.

The fact is growing up in a state that treats guns like atomic bombs is vastly different than a state like NH where you just walk into a store and buy a gun and you can walk outside and carry it around. The only "laws" you'd encounter were
1) are you of legal age
2) can you please fill out this form where you say you aren't a felon before we check if you're a felon.

That's it. So, if you grew up buying guns in NH you'd basically not need to know any laws. Same for ME and VT for basic ownership, especially now that both are const carry.

I grew up in Maine, didn't leave the state much until I was in college and even then didn't have much interaction with firearms outside of hunting. When I was 18 had someone told me about the gun laws in MA and even the federal no selling to "foreigners" laws I'd have thought they were nuts. If you haven't been exposed to nutty laws, why would you go looking for them? Like the 2.5" knife blade law in Boston, you can walk around all over the place with a 3" blade, why would you think to check Boston to see if they have a 2.5" knife blade restriction? Laws like that are ridiculous, they completely violate the reasonable person test. If a reasonable person was driving from ME to PA could they be expected to know the inner workings of all laws/ordinances in every town and state they will go through? No, that's ridiculous mere possession of ANYTHING should not be punishable if it's not used to commit harm on another person.

OMFG, can someone from MA answer this question, Can you carry a loaded pistol in a vehicle if you have a class A?

If you have an LTC-A AND the loaded handgun is under your direct control, yes.

When it is not "under your direct control" or if you're trying to use the car as a locked storage device...then that's typically where interpretations start flying.

Not unless the out of state buyer produced a false ID. If I sell to a nonresident, I'm still in the sling if I don't check his DL to verify one way or another.

Not quite. I bet the fed law says "knowingly" there's no affirmative requirement in fed law for someone to check identification. The standard for prohibited persons is also "knowingly" so this would make sense for residency as well. Obviously if the transaction occurs in the wrong state the whole "not knowing" thing goes right out the window.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom