• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Traffic Arrest , Tewksbury

yanici

NES Member
From the Lowell Sun. The scope looks like it's on the rifle backwards in the pic.

http://www.lowellsun.com/local/ci_29001058/feds-tewksbury-police-arrest-n-h-man-gun

TEWKSBURY -- A 29-year-old New Hampshire man is facing a slew of felony charges after Tewksbury police say he sold an assault rifle and a shotgun to an undercover federal agent on Tuesday at a Tewksbury hotel.

Police Chief Timothy Sheehan said detectives with his department and agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives began investigating John Miller, 29, of Milford, N.H., when they learned of allegations he was trying to illegally sell guns in Tewksbury and another undisclosed community.

Miller eventually agreed to meet with an undercover ATF agent at the Holiday Inn on Highwood Drive in Tewksbury, and sold the agent an assault rifle, shotgun, and more than 3,000 rounds of ammunition on Tuesday afternoon, according to Sheehan.

John Miller
John Miller

Once Miller was in custody, investigators also found a loaded handgun inside his vehicle, along with even more ammunition, according to Sheehan.

"This was the finest example of collaboration in an effort to take weapons off the street that may otherwise have been used in the commission of violent crimes," Sheehan said in an email. "The ATF was an outstanding partner in this investigation."

Miller was charged with trafficking firearms, sale of an assault weapon, sale of a large-capacity shotgun, carrying a firearm without a license, possession of a large capacity assault rifle, possession of a large capacity shotgun, unlicensed sale of ammunition, possession of ammunition without a license, commission of a felony while being armed, and 11 counts of possession of a large capacity feeding device, according to police.

Miller was being held Tuesday night and will be arraigned Wednesday in Lowell District Court...

Read more: http://www.lowellsun.com/local/ci_29001058/feds-tewksbury-police-arrest-n-h-man-gun#ixzz3pCmNlyeE

That large capacity shotgun looks like a 4+1 pump shotty.

If he had done the same thing a couple miles north would anyone have cared? Either he's a dumb ass or he was set up, or both.

Wait.
If you're coming from NH, to sell guns illegally in MA.....in a hotel room.........why the HELL would you leave your handgun in your CAR?????

Why is that Mossberg "large capacity"??? It's a pump and it's a 5 round fixed tube...

20151021_052109_TewksburyWeapons_500.jpg

Yeah, the guy is an idiot. But he's also obviously a gun trafficker. Looks like he was selling guns in other locations too. He's the kind of jerk that will ruin it for people from NH that are law abiding gun owners.

Wait.
If you're coming from NH, to sell guns illegally in MA.....in a hotel room.........why the HELL would you leave your handgun in your CAR?????

This is the great thing about criminals, they generally ride on the lower half of the intelligence bell curve...

Wait.

he obviously isn't dealing with a full deck. if he was even a little bit smart he would have met them in NH not MA.

Maybe we should get a "Go Fund Me" fund going for this guy, huh? You know it walks like a duck but you won't admit it.

I'm out of here. Going to kill some paper targets with 9MM. Be back later to see if you'll save John Miller.

Maybe we should get a "Go Fund Me" fund going for this guy, huh? You know it walks like a duck but you won't admit it.

I'm out of here. Going to kill some paper targets with 9MM. Be back later to see if you'll save John Miller.

9MM can't kill a paper target. Any respectable gun owner knows you need at least a 40MM glock. (jk -...lol)

Seriously though...not sure if this guy was coerced to do the transaction across the state line. But this is more reason to take a course about the laws so you know your rights and what is legal and what is not as it pertains the use, possession, sale, transfer and transportation of a firearm.

Last edited:
Though this may not be entrapment, I do smell a rat. That will have to come out during the court case as to whether Miller was coerced into conducting the transaction in Mass. after having declined to do so. There is no mention of this person being a "Prohibited Person" prior to this. So "If" Miller had conducted the sale in New Hampshire where he is resident of there would have been no violation of laws for ATF or Tewksbury to be involved in.

Remember this current Tewksbury Police Chief has no use for the U.S. Constitution, He was is up to his eyeballs in bed with the feds, He was the chief when the Caswell Bullshit was started and went down. There is the belief that was the work of one of the real estate families of that town.

What other locations? They don't name those locations. Were they in New Hampshire where those sales would have been legal? The Lowell Scum is famous for twisting the story. They are putting out the chum line and many of you are feeding off of it. ATF is famous for entrapping people.

Interesting. Did they trap hip to sell the guns in MA, where it would be legal in NH?

To boot: "finest example" of collaboration to get guns off the street? REALLY?? So now its SHOTGUNS and Assault rifles that are doing all the killing?????

"Miller eventually agreed to meet with an undercover ATF agent at the Holiday Inn on Highwood Drive in Tewksbury"
Leads us to believe he initially disagreed (a few times?) because he knew it would be illegal in MA?

Why is that Mossberg "large capacity"??? It's a pump and it's a 5 round fixed tube...

20151021_052109_TewksburyWeapons_500.jpg

Remember this is a Lowell Sun reporter IE: Sheep, the Lowell Sun would report a Red Rider B.B Gun as an assault rifle, anything to keep the reader comatose and to pedestal the Police Department as Heroes...

Notice the cleverly placed badges..IE see were not sleeping on the job...were saving you from the bad guys.

Last edited:
I really don't think this is the case that he is a "gun trafficker".. I agree with JWPaolilliJr, sounds like entrapment. Kind of sad about that about 15 minutes from my house I can become a felon so easily.

i'm most impressed with the knife in the photo its total bad ass. guy was ready for zombies.

No need for the obligatory "what's his NES name", all members know you only do gun deals in the Home Depot parking lot!

local reports say his wife/GF is pregnant and was selling his guns to raise up some money, my guess he is oblivious to MA gun laws, he could have sold all that to a NH resident in NH and it wouldn't be a problem

""This was the finest example of collaboration in an effort to take weapons off the street that may otherwise have been used in the commission of violent crimes," Sheehan said in an email. "The ATF was an outstanding partner in this investigation."

Quite proud of themselves for getting one AR and a shotgun from some dumb kid...

Though this may not be entrapment, I do smell a rat. That will have to come out during the court case as to whether Miller was coerced into conducting the transaction in Mass. after having declined to do so. There is no mention of this person being a "Prohibited Person" prior to this. So "If" Miller had conducted the sale in New Hampshire where he is resident of there would have been no violation of laws for ATF or Tewksbury to be involved in.

Um... It's not *trafficking* if he sold in NH, but it's still a Federal crime to sell to a non NH resident.

local reports say his wife/GF is pregnant and was selling his guns to raise up some money, my guess he is oblivious to MA gun laws, he could have sold all that to a NH resident in NH and it wouldn't be a problem

Plenty of instances of people growing up in free states not knowing there are gun laws. Like the lady from VT that had no idea what the hell a gun permit was when she went to NY.

The antis will spin this into "need moar gun lawrs" even though several existing laws were broken by this guy.

Back
Top Bottom