• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

gun shops?

If you can head up to Rte 1, Ipswich, Salisbury MA area, Patriot Arms and Original Bob's are open 10-4 and Noon - 6 respectively.

i dont know where you are located. if you are in western ma or close by there i will suggest r and r in belchertown. i would not waste your time at the ware gun shop though.

there are so many threads like this. Someone should make a sticky with Gun shops open on Sunday.

Dont mean to sound like an A-hole, but pick one you want to go to, get the number online and call. If that one is not open, call another one.

there are so many threads like this. Someone should make a sticky with Gun shops open on Sunday.

Dont mean to sound like an A-hole, but pick one you want to go to, get the number online and call. If that one is not open, call another one.

Ehh, when was the last time someone new asked a truly original question? Let it slide...

Plymouth bay outfitters, in Plymouth of course.

I don't understand why all Gun shops are not open on Sunday. A gun shop is a retail business, most of their customers are off on weekends. I except that it is their shop and can do what they want, but I've bought 90% of my guns and supplies on a Sunday. Those open Sunday got my business.

Last edited:
I am sure plenty of you dont like Bass Pro (big business Vs small) but you must admit that there hours are decent and they keep plenty of new stock. Now if only we had a kittery tradeing post down on the south shore...

**** ware those guys are dicks same with Guns inc. (AAA guns)

I was at AAA guns in Springfield last weekend to do a transfer, and the guy in there was telling me I can't use a soft case to transport a rifle, that it's against federal Law?? I didn't know what to make of that, so I hurried up with the transfer and left.

I was at AAA guns in Springfield last weekend to do a transfer, and the guy in there was telling me I can't use a soft case to transport a rifle, that it's against federal Law?? I didn't know what to make of that, so I hurried up with the transfer and left.

Scratch that shop off my list. The quoted a federal law that doesn't exist, that's impressive!

Scratch that shop off my list. The quoted a federal law that doesn't exist, that's impressive!

[rofl]

I asked him why he had at least 50 soft bags of various sizes then if you can't legally use them. He told me those were just for home use. That those cannot be used to transport a rifle in your car, etc. It is against Federal Law.

I asked him, why can't you use the soft bag, and maybe get a small padlock and lock the zippers together? That would make it secure enough even for MA I believe.
His response was that he took a knife out of his pocket and said, "this is why!" "Someone can cut open that bag and steal your rifle!"

When he said that, it was time for me to leave. They seemed like nice enough people, but when he told me you couldn't use a soft case, I didn't know what to say. I am no expert, but last time I checked, that is more then sufficient to store or transport your rifles in a car or truck. [thinking]

Hmm. I bought my mp40c there and had no problems .. actually they didn't even give me a trigger lock. I'm not one that gets 'sold' something though .. I know what I want/looking for and I buy it.. they are just part of the process. Their prices on ammo were WAY higher than any other shop I had seen.. 50 rounds American Eagle 40sw target ammo was 24 if I remember correctly.

Sorry, was on the move for the wife's birthday party and that's why I figured I'd ask this wealth of knowledge since I didn't have time to google and call myself. We're in the Metrowest area.

Sorry, was on the move for the wife's birthday party and that's why I figured I'd ask this wealth of knowledge since I didn't have time to google and call myself. We're in the Metrowest area.

Not many in Metrowest are open on Sunday, however Blue Northern Trading in Ayer is open today.

http://www.bluenorthern.com/

[rofl]

I asked him why he had at least 50 soft bags of various sizes then if you can't legally use them. He told me those were just for home use. That those cannot be used to transport a rifle in your car, etc. It is against Federal Law.

I asked him, why can't you use the soft bag, and maybe get a small padlock and lock the zippers together? That would make it secure enough even for MA I believe.
His response was that he took a knife out of his pocket and said, "this is why!" "Someone can cut open that bag and steal your rifle!"

When he said that, it was time for me to leave. They seemed like nice enough people, but when he told me you couldn't use a soft case, I didn't know what to say. I am no expert, but last time I checked, that is more then sufficient to store or transport your rifles in a car or truck. [thinking]

thats when you grab a hard case and say: "these are not legal either, see, I can pick it up and steal the case and the rifle"
Then you tell him that having guns behind a glass is also not legal, because its very easy to smash the glass.

thats when you grab a hard case and say: "these are not legal either, see, I can pick it up and steal the case and the rifle"
Then you tell him that having guns behind a glass is also not legal, because its very easy to smash the glass.

That's what I wanted to say. Like I said, we have all heard some dumb things even from gun stores, but this one for me was right up there. [laugh]

bostonasphalt2 said:

If you won't go back to a gun shop because an employee said a dumb thing, you're gonna run out of gun shops PDQ [wink]

That's what I wanted to say. Like I said, we have all heard some dumb things even from gun stores, but this one for me was right up there. [laugh]

Also, why didnt you ask him: "Why the F___ would I need a case to move my rifles in my house?"

He told me those were just for home use

Back
Top Bottom