Gun Safe for SUV

Anybody recommend a good vehicle gun safe to mount somewhere in my SUV that would be ok under MA laws.Looking to store 1-2 hand guns if needed.

Thanks

Thanks Matt! I saw them on the website but wasn't sure if the cable was ok.I thought the lock box had to be permanently bolted down.I'll swing by tomorrow to pick one up.

I like mine better - it's a drawer safe made by Stack-On. Rather than a cable, I have it lag bolted in the rear of my Xterra. Solid as a rock and will take more effort to rip out...

http://www.factory-express.com/STAC...StrongBox_Drawer_Safe-7399.htm?source=froogle

They're not $65.00 either - we have them at Dicks Sporting Goods for about $40.00...
I'm going to check these out at Dicks. I want to bolt it down. My Excursion can have a rough ride and I think the shit would be bouncing around in a box thats only attached to something by a cable.I like the consolevault, but I use it for other stuff and don't want to lose that space.

I'm going to check these out at Dicks. I want to bolt it down. My Excursion can have a rough ride and I think the shit would be bouncing around in a box thats only attached to something by a cable.I like the consolevault, but I use it for other stuff and don't want to lose that space.

I like it - it's solid and reasonably secure. Someone would have to be motivated to pull it out.....

I have a fantastic gun safe for my truck, sort of. It's located in my cellar. I am not a big fan of storing guns in vehicles. If someone gets the vehicle, they will eventually get the guns.

I have a fantastic gun safe for my truck, sort of. It's located in my cellar. I am not a big fan of storing guns in vehicles. If someone gets the vehicle, they will eventually get the guns.

This is not for store a gun for a long period of time. I"m only looking for something that I can safely store a firearm in if i had to pick up my kids at school , run into a Post office ect where it's not lawful to carry.

This is not for store a gun for a long period of time. I"m only looking for something that I can safely store a firearm in if i had to pick up my kids at school , run into a Post office ect where it's not lawful to carry.

Sorry, I misunderstood. A lock box makes sense in these situations. I use a Rottweiler.

suv accessories

hey there. i was thinking if where is the best store to buy some suv accessories. anyone know where can i find a store with that? thanks for any responses. [wink]

Last edited:
I have one of the Secure-It boxes sold by Four Seasons and others. It's pretty well made. Once consideration on the locking versus combination lock question is that it's easier to work the keyed model in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom