Gun Room, Shrewsbury, MA

Show me where I stated that I would fire you. That's right, I never said that. Its up to your boss to fire you. I could never fire you if I ran a business because with an attitude like yours, you never would have been hired to begin with.

And +1 to Derek. RM is an idiot. Slander lawsuits? Please. You're not helping your cause by posting here, only hurting it. Especially by making threats, however frivilous they may be.

You didn't answer my question, how his stating 'you would value me if i were an employee' poor business attitude?

Oh please...slander. You can't even form a coherent English sentence sans misspellings. You want us to believe that you have mastered the dewy decimal system at your local library? Hell, I'd say you typed the word "slander" into Google, read the first hit from a budget online dictionary, and then returned to share your newfound wealth of knowledge.

You could no more sue this Board or anyone on it than you could find a lawyer that would tolerate your stupidity long enough to call you a client.

By your definition slander, if I said that the owner of the Gun Room regularly hires high school drop outs who like to diddle little children, it would be slander.

Now that, in your mind, would be slander because, while it's probably true, it can't be proved without endangering the safety of a child.

In reality, it's far from slander. In fact, it's just an educated guess.

No, slander would be something related to your business. For instance, if we were picking on your boss (you?) for telling endless lies about his experience in an attempt to create a veneer of credulity long since lost to the tides of bullshit, and in the course of this criticism, we mentioned that you routinely sold post ban-Cmags as pre-ban merch. Well, that might actually be slander because unlike the kiddie-diddling charge that we're all pretty sure of, we don't actually have any proof that you've been selling illegal mags to unsuspecting customers. Therefore, that sort of statement would be slander.

Again: You are a child molester? Nope, not slanderous.

Again: You sell illegal magazines? Possibly slanderous.

Here's another way to think about it. If we stated that only self-important losers who have nothing better to do than sit in a low-end gun store all day and surround themselves with the only people who could possibly make them look better by comparison, frequent your store. If we said something like that, again, would not be slander. It's just an observation.

However, if we said we don't feel comfortable knowing people like you are walking the streets and we like to keep our children under a watchful eye in your neck of the woods, well, that's just another observation. Still not into slander yet.

At this point I'm just amusing myself so I'll stop but really, don't come on here waving around big words you don't understand of we'll be forced call you more names....

POW! [smile]

aaaw poor rickster are you offended one of the experts didn't drop down to their knee's and offer you a blowjob? man i've been in there many times, yeah sometimes they can be pricks but lets face it, we're just some bunch of guys in a gun store.
If you were my boss you would value me.
If somehow I, as a business owner, had an off day and did hire you, then found that you were posting things like this, joke or not, on a public forum, while trying to defend my store, I'm 100% certain that I, as your boss, wouldn't feel the need to "value you as an employee." That's a hell of a way to drum up business, for a store with an already crappy reputation, on a forum full of potential customers.
You can call me cocky, that's fine. You told me you would fire me all i did was say you would value me as an employee how is that inappropriate business attitude?
Yeah, you're cocky and rude. No job requirements I've ever seen have had those two "qualities" listed. People looking to drop a good chunk of change certainly aren't looking to be talked down to or belittled while doing it. Ever been to some of the gun shops with a better reputation on this board? Ever bought something? Try it out. Go buy something, even if it's only a few dollars - hell, buy nothing at all. Just tell them you're there to check out the store and that you have a few questions about some guns. Go to a store like America's Armed, 4 Seasons, or Collector's and compare that experience to some of the ones you witness at the Gun Room. Those guys are actually willing to TALK to their customers, even if they don't buy something on the spot. What a concept!
You didn't answer my question, how his stating 'you would value me if i were an employee' poor business attitude?
That quote in and of itself isn't a poor business attitude. Your previous comments, on the other hand, most certainly add up to a poor business attitude. An employer SHOULD value his employees, and maybe your boss does. But if you were my employee, you wouldn't be on the payroll for more than one pay cycle. It seems your boss is furthering the legacy of his store and hiring more of the same - this proved further by your co-worker/employer/whoever he is, RM 007, threatening frivilous lawsuits based on grounds that don't exist. To each his own. The Gun Room, under the current management, wont be getting my business in the future, near and distant.

Last edited:
someone looking in to slander lawsuits

That's funny,I developed an unusual cough ever since I went to The Gun Room last Summer,maybe it is related to the employees smoking inside the establishment and the owner smoking a cigar.Ever since that day I have had unexplainable headaches and my chest hurts.

Is this slander...

How is the owners daughter doing,after the "incident" ?

If somehow I, as a business owner, had an off day and did hire you, then found that you were posting things like this, joke or not, on a public forum, while trying to defend my store, I'm 100% certain that I, as your boss, wouldn't feel the need to "value you as an employee." That's a hell of a way to drum up business, for a store with an already crappy reputation, on a forum full of potential customers. Yeah, you're cocky and rude. No job requirements I've ever seen have had those two "qualities" listed. People looking to drop a good chunk of change certainly aren't looking to be talked down to or belittled while doing it. Ever been to some of the gun shops with a better reputation on this board? Ever bought something? Try it out. Go buy something, even if it's only a few dollars - hell, buy nothing at all. Just tell them you're there to check out the store and that you have a few questions about some guns. Go to a store like America's Armed, 4 Seasons, or Collector's and compare that experience to some of the ones you witness at the Gun Room. Those guys are actually willing to TALK to their customers, even if they don't buy something on the spot. What a concept! That quote in and of itself isn't a poor business attitude. Your previous comments, on the other hand, most certainly add up to a poor business attitude. An employer SHOULD value his employees, and maybe your boss does. But if you were my employee, you wouldn't be on the payroll for more than one pay cycle. It seems your boss is furthering the legacy of his store and hiring more of the same - this proved further by your co-worker/employer/whoever he is, RM 007, threatening frivilous lawsuits based on grounds that don't exist. To each his own. The Gun Room, under the current management, wont be getting my business in the future, near and distant.

Cocky maybe, rude... no AND i already stated im not trying to defend the store. I already made it a point that im not here to do that. I cannot fix what's not willing to be fixed and that's that. You're entitled to your personal opinion.

Cocky maybe, rude... no AND i already stated im not trying to defend the store. I already made it a point that im not here to do that. I cannot fix what's not willing to be fixed and that's that. You're entitled to your personal opinion.

Right, coming on this thread about the shitty reputation the store has and stating that you are an employee AND "joking" that the customer service was bad because a customer didn't receive a blowjob isn't rude at all.[Rolleyes] Don't get me wrong, I'm not offended by the statement, in fact I think it was quite humorous, however I'm not entirely sure this particular thread was the best place for you to post that and confirm that you are an employee there... Especially as one of your first posts on the site. Maybe that's just me, but what do I know, I'm just a gun owner that likes to spend money. Not my loss.

In court slander is anything that cannot be proven

Wow, I suggest you get a better source of legal advice. Start by figuring out the difference between slander and libel. Then you can look at the other defenses for libel and slander. Truth is only one of the possible defenses. It's also the best since it's an absolute defense, but it's one of several.

Then you might also want to find an attorney well versed in Section 230 of Title 47 of the United States Code (47 USC § 230). It's better known as part of the Communication Decency Act of 1996 that has held up to repeated legal challenges (as opposed to the anti obscenity portions of the act).

Once you do those things you can decide if you have a case.

I might as well chime in with my Gun Room experience as well. Back when I lived in MA I worked less than two and a half miles from the Gun Room for several years. Despite being so close to me I would make the drive to other gun shops rather than do business there. This was about ten years ago so I hadn't posted about it here but it looks like little has changed since then.

I visited the Gun Room three times, and each time I felt unwelcome. I was either totally ignored by staff while standing at the counter or brusquely asked what I was looking for and then ignored after being pointed in the general direction of the gear (cleaning kits if I recall correctly). The staff appeared to be much more interested in chatting amongst themselves than actually helping customers.

-Nat

I stopped in there today (totally not putting together this thread with the store).
No one treated me poorly (except I was told I had to show my license before I could handle a gun).
I am a newbie so I don't know much, and I am looking to purchase my first gun.
That being said, it's sad when I know more about what I'm looking for than the salesman.
He was polite and looked up exactly what I wanted, and then wrote it down in case I wanted to order it.
I was quoted $25 more here than I was at the Middleboro shop...though this one does have a Hi-viz site.

Ya middleboro gun shop blows! God that guy is arrogant, someone should start a thread on that, in fact maybe i will if there isn't one already!

Ya middleboro gun shop blows! God that guy is arrogant, someone should start a thread on that, in fact maybe i will if there isn't one already!

Um, that's not at all what I said!
John at C & F in Middleboro has been very nice, informative and patient the 2 times I've been in that shop. What I was talking about in the post you responded to was my experience in Shrewsbury and how I was quoted a price higher than what I was quoted in Middleboro...just in case you forgot, here's my text from the response you quoted.

Originally Posted by Becka
I stopped in there today (totally not putting together this thread with the store).
No one treated me poorly (except I was told I had to show my license before I could handle a gun).
I am a newbie so I don't know much, and I am looking to purchase my first gun.
That being said, it's sad when I know more about what I'm looking for than the salesman.
He was polite and looked up exactly what I wanted, and then wrote it down in case I wanted to order it.
I was quoted $25 more here than I was at the Middleboro shop...though this one does have a Hi-viz site.

Um, that's not at all what I said!
John at C & F in Middleboro has been very nice, informative and patient the 2 times I've been in that shop. What I was talking about in the post you responded to was my experience in Shrewsbury and how I was quoted a price higher than what I was quoted in Middleboro...just in case you forgot, here's my text from the response you quoted.

Yah i know thats what you meant. i Like c and f guns a lot, its middleboro gun shop that i hate....thats just me

Oh joy - I come back from a week of vacation and one of my favorite threads is simply bubbling over with more evidence of service excellence at the Gun Room in Shrewsbury. Now we have what is probably the store's best employee, a 21-year-old who admittedly knows little about firearms, and his witty brand of "humor," sarcastically asking potential patrons if they expect Gun Room's experts to get down on their knees and offer customers blowjobs. Then we are treated to improperly spelled, poorly punctuated legal threats against all the meanie heads that reside in that person's computer. Might this person be one of the Gun Room's "experts" who is supposed to be offering us blowjobs? I'll pass.

As the initiator of this thread, and the author of a clearly slanderous review on Google maps, I anxiously await my summons.

Bravo, bravo - well done gentlemen. You continue to demonstrate for us the level of customer service we can expect at the Gun Room.

Went to The Gun Room yesterday and had an extremely positive experience. Purchased an old Colt M1911 on my C&R. Very friendly atmosphere. Dealt with the owner. A clerk there was very busy helping a few other customers. Noticed he did a great job too.

Went to The Gun Room yesterday and had an extremely positive experience. Purchased an old Colt M1911 on my C&R. Very friendly atmosphere. Dealt with the owner. A clerk there was very busy helping a few other customers. Noticed he did a great job too.

How bad did the shop smell?

Greg has had some very positive experiences there too and he's just dying to tell you all about them.

As far as the smell goes, it was fine. Nothing bad at all. But then again, keep in mind that I had just come from the horse farm so take it FWIW.

And to top it all off, the pistol fires just great. Mowed down some plates with it today at HSC.

This place isn't all that bad. I was just in there a got some ammo and to check things out. I had been there a few times before and had the same experience. Yes, the place smells and feels like one big ashtray but so does alot of other gun shops. Prices are pretty high but we as a consumer can go elsewhere to buy.

Attitudes aren't so bad. I didn't get a smile or an offer for a BJ but someone did acknowledge my presence and asked if I needed help. I got the help I needed and that was it. I was left alone to browse at my leisure which is what I like. Looked at the long guns on the wall and browsed through the cases of MSRP priced pistols. I paid for my stuff and that was it. The men's lounge in the back left corner had a few guys talking pretty loud there but otherwise it wasn't a bad experience overall.

They do have a decent selection of oddball calibers which is favorable to them. I would go back if they had something I needed but they wouldn't be my first choice.

I stopped in there to look at an Automag II. First thing I see when I walked through the door was a lady midget... and yes, she was shorter than I am. [laugh]

Anyway, couple of guys doing nothing in the "lounge" and one of them finally (after a couple of minutes) nudges the sitting one and mentions that there's a customer. Guy stayed on his fat ass and the other guy comes over and helps me out.

No, I didn't buy the Automag - price was decent, but a previous owner had done his own stippling job on the grip. [thinking] I wasn't impressed by his workmanship.

I stopped in there to look at an Automag II. First thing I see when I walked through the door was a lady midget... and yes, she was shorter than I am. [laugh]

Anyway, couple of guys doing nothing in the "lounge" and one of them finally (after a couple of minutes) nudges the sitting one and mentions that there's a customer. Guy stayed on his fat ass and the other guy comes over and helps me out.

No, I didn't buy the Automag - price was decent, but a previous owner had done his own stippling job on the grip. [thinking] I wasn't impressed by his workmanship.

sorry it did not pan out for you...

I went to The Gun Room last week, because I was in the area and I have to admit, it was a pleasant experiance. Picked up some large pistol primers (at average price), and a Ruger bearcat for $250, turns out the Bearcat was made in 1962...BUNUS![smile].
While talking to the employees (not owner), NES was mentioned and I got the impression that they sincerely cared about the stores image. All in all, it was a good time.
To the employees at the Gun Room, when you read this... Thanks[grin]

Last edited:
No, I didn't buy the Automag - price was decent, but a previous owner had done his own stippling job on the grip. [thinking] I wasn't impressed by his workmanship.[/QUOTE]

Next time you see me at Harvard, remind me to show you the Colt M1911 I got there a few weeks back. Same stippling job. You'll get a kick out of it.

Back
Top Bottom