Gun Room, Shrewsbury, MA

i've been to the gun room many times. Everybody's nice and knowledgable.. yeah the owner has some wacko stories.. but they're just stories. do you believe everything people tell you?

Are talking about the gun room down near the old Spag's building, or the one next to Wally world on rte 9 in Westboro/shrewsbury? I thought the wally world shop was Dowd.

I'm all confused now....

Are talking about the gun room down near the old Spag's building, or the one next to Wally world on rte 9 in Westboro/shrewsbury? I thought the wally world shop was Dowd.

I'm all confused now....

Yup, the one by Spags.

And quite frankly, I'm suprised we're even talking about it at all anymore.

Place has, does, and will continue to suck.

Last edited:

I'm all confused now....

The one by Spags. Not the one by RTE 20 and JJ's.

I was there yesterday........ Hmmmm I hate slamming someone especially a place that I used to patronize in the past. I've bought a lot stuff there from guns to ammo and reloading supplies. That said. everything that you guys are saying is true unfortunately. I went in there yesterday with hopes of buying a couple of mags, and a some 9mm ammo. The clerk was a complete a***hole. He had this freaking attitude that reeked of "I'm doing you a favor by waiting on you" I don't know what to say. I'm really disappointed. [sad2]

I went to the Gun Room today to pick-up a few items. I would equate a 15 minute exposure time to smoking 10 cartons of cigarettes. WTH
Sorry, I could find any smilies depicting acute bronchitis or one just gasping for air.
Mil-Dot
p.s. They did have what I was looking for BTW.

I was there yesterday........ Hmmmm I hate slamming someone especially a place that I used to patronize in the past. I've bought a lot stuff there from guns to ammo and reloading supplies. That said. everything that you guys are saying is true unfortunately. I went in there yesterday with hopes of buying a couple of mags, and a some 9mm ammo. The clerk was a complete a***hole. He had this freaking attitude that reeked of "I'm doing you a favor by waiting on you" I don't know what to say. I'm really disappointed. [sad2]

aaaw poor rickster are you offended one of the experts didn't drop down to their knee's and offer you a blowjob?
man i've been in there many times, yeah sometimes they can be pricks but lets face it, we're just some bunch of guys in a gun store.

aaaw poor rickster are you offended one of the experts didn't drop down to their knee's and offer you a blowjob?
man i've been in there many times, yeah sometimes they can be pricks but lets face it, we're just some bunch of guys in a gun store.

Welcome to the forum. How long have you worked at the Gun Room?

You sound like you work there. Hot news flash: It's the store clerk's JOB to WAIT ON THE CUSTOMER.

If they cop an attitude, the customers don't come back. Think about that the next time you go in to work at the Gun Room. Think about why many of us don't go there any more.

Think about that the next time a customer says something about the huge increase in business that gun stores are doing since the Obamanation got elected... and you guys at the Gun Room all go "What increase in business?". It's because you drove all the clientele AWAY with your attitudes.

You sound like you work there. Hot news flash: It's the store clerk's JOB to WAIT ON THE CUSTOMER.

If they cop an attitude, the customers don't come back. Think about that the next time you go in to work at the Gun Room. Think about why many of us don't go there any more.

Think about that the next time a customer says something about the huge increase in business that gun stores are doing since the Obamanation got elected... and you guys at the Gun Room all go "What increase in business?". It's because you drove all the clientele AWAY with your attitudes.

OK OK i didn't mean to be harsh i was just joking about the blowjob thing and YES i do work at the gun room. I would be concidered the 'wet behind the ears kid'... lol. Everyday i think about the things said here as i walk into the gun room in the morning; and to be honest it makes me try a little harder to do a good job helping people. I understand my boss has some crazy stories. Anybody who has ever known him know's he has 'stories'. But myself and a co-worker always help the customers to the best of our potential. I guess my point is, if you've had a bad experience that blows, but not everybody there is a dick. to be honest i was very surprised at some of the posts here. I've been watching and felt the need to reply.
BTW i've been there 6 months. new to the gun industry.

OK OK i didn't mean to be harsh i was just joking about the blowjob thing and YES i do work at the gun room. I would be concidered the 'wet behind the ears kid'... lol. Everyday i think about the things said here as i walk into the gun room in the morning; and to be honest it makes me try a little harder to do a good job helping people. I understand my boss has some crazy stories. Anybody who has ever known him know's he has 'stories'. But myself and a co-worker always help the customers to the best of our potential. I guess my point is, if you've had a bad experience that blows, but not everybody there is a dick. to be honest i was very surprised at some of the posts here. I've been watching and felt the need to reply.
BTW i've been there 6 months. new to the gun industry.

One good thing I will say about the store is that you have a lot of hard to find ammo, which is nice. But I've been seeking it out elsewhere and probably even paying more for it because I can't stand the thought of going in there and spending MY money to get YOUR (the store's, not you personally) crappy service. On top of that, I live within 5 miles of your store, so to say I would be a regular repeat customer is an understatement.

Whats your name? What do you look like? When do you work? Perhaps I'll give the store another shot if I deal solely with you and enjoy the experience.

Hell, I drive by the place almost daily, but the handful of times I've been in there I've had nothing but shitty experiences. Whether it be asinine stories, just plain WRONG information, or a general surplus of "I don't give a shit if you want to spend money in here, I'm busy doing nothing/too good to talk to you" attitude, I just don't need that type of experience.

-ETA -

If that's your general attitude towards customer service, I don't want to speak to you, either. I may just be "Some guy in a gun store," but let's face it, I may be one of the FEW guys left in YOUR gun store that's willing to spend money. When your business revolves around helping people purchase a good that you are selling, you damn well better make me feel welcome. And no, its not so my feelings don't get hurt, its so I come back and keep you in business. No one likes to be talked down to while they're spending their hard earned money.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? Way to just reaffirm all of our thoughts that the gun room is a horrible place to shop.

I am at a loss at how many people come on here and in their first 10 posts they act like a complete moron and alienate everone right off the bat.

Way to go my friend.

One good thing I will say about the store is that you have a lot of hard to find ammo, which is nice. But I've been seeking it out elsewhere and probably even paying more for it because I can't stand the thought of going in there and spending MY money to get YOUR (the store's, not you personally) crappy service. On top of that, I live within 5 miles of your store, so to say I would be a regular repeat customer is an understatement.

Whats your name? What do you look like? When do you work? Perhaps I'll give the store another shot if I deal solely with you and enjoy the experience.

Hell, I drive by the place almost daily, but the handful of times I've been in there I've had nothing but shitty experiences. Whether it be asinine stories, just plain WRONG information, or a general surplus of "I don't give a shit if you want to spend money in here, I'm busy doing nothing/too good to talk to you" attitude, I just don't need that type of experience.

-ETA -

If that's your general attitude towards customer service, I don't want to speak to you, either. I may just be "Some guy in a gun store," but let's face it, I may be one of the FEW guys left in YOUR gun store that's willing to spend money. When your business revolves around helping people purchase a good that you are selling, you damn well better make me feel welcome. And no, its not so my feelings don't get hurt, its so I come back and keep you in business. No one likes to be talked down to while they're spending their hard earned money.

Ok first things first: the blowjob thing is NOT my nor any employee at the gun rooms attitude. it was just a joke and i don't blame you for not wanting to deal with people like that as i would not either.
My name is Dave. Im the only young guy there, even out of the customers im probably the youngest. Im 21 you will know me when you see me. I usually wear a white hat and most of the time due to the season a swet shirt or coat. I work mainly saturdays, im ALWAYS there on saturday. the problem with that is it's our busiest day and sometimes the owner has no choice but to 'help' out. especially when im doing 3 gun sales back to back.
i bump in and out during the week. Sometimes im there the whole week but im mainly just there for saturday. The problem with dealing with JUST me is that i'm still learning as well. Sometimes i have to ask questions too. I never look down on any customer i deal with, it's a learning experience for me too. Most of the questions are ones i have asked myself. So sometimes im stuck with asking either my boss or a co-worker. Another problem with dealing with just me is that i cannot negotiate prices or gun trades. But i'd be more than happy to assist you in any other ways im capable. By coming to north east shooters im not trying to boost the gun sales at the 'gun room'. I don't get commission anyway. Im merely a future gun owner who wants to see what all the fuss about the store i work at is. Pluss it's my name there too. People don't like the staff there, im obviously part of the staff there and i believe things are effected as a whole in this situation. I don't want any burdens on my name seeing that i too am a local business owner to Shrewsbury.
to some things up, if you come in and see me, you will be granted with the customer service you deserve.

OK OK i didn't mean to be harsh i was just joking about the blowjob thing and YES i do work at the gun room.
Thanks for being honest about it.

Now... a little tough love here. Bear with me, I know it's not you if you're that new.

Frankly, the crazy stories makes a customer think "Well, if he's blowing smoke up my ass about that, what does that mean about this gun I'm trying to buy - what is he not telling me, or what is he lying about on this?".

If you look in this thread you'll see that I got burned on a purchase there once. OK, my bad - I learned and I'll never get caught that way again. I hope.

My biggest issue is that frankly, your store stinks. Literally. I can't stand to go in there because it SMELLS BAD - I hate cigarette smoke. I know... it's his store, and he can do what he wants in it. That's 100% his right... and I vote with my feet and shop at K&R, Titegroup and Callaghan's because I don't go home stinking like a cigarette from those shops.

Dave, I hope that perhaps you can pass this info - and the rep that your store has - to the owner, and maybe even get it turned around. I work in Worcester and I'd love to stop in occasionally on the way home. But not if I have to change my clothes and shower when I get home.

Dave,

A few words of advice. I truly believe you are pro-gun and I am sure you enjoy working in the firearms industry. I wish you all the sucess in your endeavors so it is for this reason I offer this humble advice....Get out of there, dont look back, your entire future in firearms and how you deal with customers IS going to be tainted (that is clear from your prior post). Find another gun shop to hang out at and eventually help out at. For almost 20 years I have been going to the Gun Room off and on. After stopping in almost always ask myself why I went back. I try to rationalize that it is near where I live and I only need to grab something quick.

There have been times I have been there and was treated well but more often than not I get treated like dirt....like I am doing them a favor by spending my money in their store. Please do yourself a favor and find another store. In the long run you will be much better off because of it.

You gotta give the kid some credit. We've been talking shit about this place since April '05 and not one person from the store has had the brains or balls to post here and try to clean their image. Welcome to the board Dave and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom