Gun Room, Shrewsbury, MA

Because it has been " probably three or four years ago" and no one has stayed working at the GR for that long!!!!
I get along with a couple of the guys down there...
And all the trash talking is from people who haven't been there since Jim Carter or Reagen was president!!!!

Because it has been " probably three or four years ago" and no one has stayed working at the GR for that long!!!!
I get along with a couple of the guys down there...
And all the trash talking is from people who haven't been there since Jim Carter or Reagen was president!!!!

I have to agree with Fith on this one i have known the guy who has been basically running the place for a little while now for many years and he is a member of this board and knows the reputation the store has. He has been trying to turn that around some but only if you give the place a chance and try not to carry your poor expectations in with you. You may be surprised and actually get good service. He is very knowledgeable about the things he likes but like everyone else he won't claim to know everything.

rambo

have not been there for at least 2 years; plenty of other local places to do buisness with. i do miss some of the owners epic tall tales [laugh2][rofl][laugh]

nerw manager

I have to agree with Fith on this one i have known the guy who has been basically running the place for a little while now for many years and he is a member of this board and knows the reputation the store has. He has been trying to turn that around some but only if you give the place a chance and try not to carry your poor expectations in with you. You may be surprised and actually get good service. He is very knowledgeable about the things he likes but like everyone else he won't claim to know everything.
who is he; what is his handle[hmmm]

I stopped in today.

Well I have been in there a couple times within the last month and have experienced no problems whatsoever. The guy behind the counter both times as a fellow wearing a jacket with "Vin's TV" (or something similar) on it. He seemed nice enough and helped me with my purchases, No problem.
The first time there was an old guy in a rocking chair behind the counter. (Maybe the owner) wraped up in a blanket and not looking too well. Today there were three "gentlemen" sitting in chairs BS-ing.

I got what I needed without any attitude or problems of any sort.

customers

Well I have been in there a couple times within the last month and have experienced no problems whatsoever. The guy behind the counter both times as a fellow wearing a jacket with "Vin's TV" (or something similar) on it. He seemed nice enough and helped me with my purchases, No problem.
The first time there was an old guy in a rocking chair behind the counter. (Maybe the owner) wraped up in a blanket and not looking too well. Today there were three "gentlemen" sitting in chairs BS-ing.

I got what I needed without any attitude or problems of any sort.

a very long term of bad service, insults and threats to customers, tall tales [mainly a fabricated military record] and hairbrain hangarounds will not mend quickly. the end result is the customer that never comes back: the place would have to come under new ownership !
the general opinion of most of those guys that hang and work there is that if you drilled a hole in thier heads sawdust would come out. [crying] [rolleyes][troll][rofl2][puke]

Last edited:
just visited

Hey folks, I just visited the Gun Room last week, purchased a new Ruger P345 from there and thought I'd share my thoughts.

I recently moved to this area from western Mass, and the Gun Room was really the first gun shop around here that I found out about, so I headed over there looking for a decent .45 and hoping for some good prices.

Upon entering the store, I found myself being sized up, felt like I had already been judged a ne'er do well. I am a police officer, and know the look well because I use it myself. Even after showing my license and asking to see a few handguns, they were still giving off the impression that I had intruded where I wasn't welcome.

Being a man on a mission so to speak, I still purchased the handgun I wanted, simply because at the time I didn't know where else I could find a well equipped shop. I will never, ever go there again, though.

Yesterday I found Zenks in Northbridge. I went there, purchased a used Smith & Wesson for my fiance (as soon as she finishes her safety class and gets her LTC), and had a very good purchasing experience. A friendly atmosphere, decent conversation, and good prices will make me keep coming back. Oh, and the owner gave me a pen and a little bore light with a laser pointer that is driving my dog insane. What more could one ask for?

Besides the style of interaction with customers, each gunshop needs a pricing strategy. Some, like the Gun Room, choose to be the shop of convenience and don't try to be the leader on prices, whereas others like Four Seasons, AGs, and Collectors try to set pricing at a level which makes them a "destination shop" where people will not hesitate to drive an hour just to get to their shop. Don't expect "destination shop" prices when you're visiting the gunshop equivalent of a convenience store.

If you are in the Shrewsbury area, go a little farther east and visit Tite Group on Hudson Street in Northboro.

Call ahead to make sure Mike is there: 508 393-8558. Small shop but Mike will promptly get you whatever you are looking for at a good price. No BS, just good service.

I was in there on monday morning and was checking out their limited glock selection but also their HD shotguns. My experience was very different from what Ive read from others on here. The guy helping me was great, showed me everything I was looking for, was able to answer my questions, and having read info here, i actually fired off test questions to see their knowledge and the guy answered correctly, heh.

All in all, I would go back there, it is just out of the way for me.

I was in there on monday morning and was checking out their limited glock selection but also their HD shotguns. My experience was very different from what Ive read from others on here. The guy helping me was great, showed me everything I was looking for, was able to answer my questions, and having read info here, i actually fired off test questions to see their knowledge and the guy answered correctly, heh.

All in all, I would go back there, it is just out of the way for me.

What did the guy look like? Maybe they've got some new blood?

News Update!!!!

Murphy walked out2 weekends ago...took enough crap from cowboy!!! And the other weekend guy walked with him! ! !

Back
Top Bottom