Gun Room, Shrewsbury, MA

rambo wannabee

The Gun room looks more like A shoot out for the wild west getting ready to go down. has anyone been in when the moron wearing the two shoulder holsters and a side arm on his belt is there? What is he waiting for world war 3. Not a good image for bussness. A lot of those guys seem to think they know everything. I had tried to point out to the owner he had a pistol marked wrong , that it was a 1922 not a 1910. He had a fit. That place is more like a museum every day. The same crap over priced.
there are plenty old posts about that moron in previous gunnrom reviews; check it out [rofl][laugh2][laugh]
p,s, last time i saw him he had sprouted a ponytail; if he was such a big miltary man and patriot; what is he doing with that silly ass hippie hair? "nothing sadder than a has been hipster" [jack kerouac].

Last edited:
gunroom

Through various sources it has come to my attention that the proprieter is t.a. about the over his n.e.s. gun store reviews. Over the years he has systematical alienated himself from the gun world via his tall deluded tales and abuse to customers and staff . This includes letting unqualified help and annoying hang-arounds run amok in the store or anyone else whom allows themself to become a "nut magnet". I have personally seen him go into a demented rage at patrons as well as staff ; it looked as if his head would start to spin around and green stuff would fly from the mouth. his maniac reputation precedes him in every n.e. gun store.
His vietnam career is a contrived fantasy [he is diabetic and was never in the service: a disgrace to any one who was in the military.], as well as other claims to royalty and fame.
In the age of the internet bad customer service travels at warp speed!

[rolleyes][laugh2][rofl][laugh][shocked][crying]

Last edited:
The Gun room looks more like A shoot out for the wild west getting ready to go down. has anyone been in when the moron wearing the two shoulder holsters and a side arm on his belt is there? What is he waiting for world war 3. Not a good image for bussness. A lot of those guys seem to think they know everything. I had tried to point out to the owner he had a pistol marked wrong , that it was a 1922 not a 1910. He had a fit. That place is more like a museum every day. The same crap over priced.

Everytime I see a Gun Room new post I'm like a kid on Christmas morning. I CAN'T WAIT to read it. [laugh]

vet.

If he never served I would love to hear him tell me about his Vietnam tour.
bring a barf bag and hipboots, then say " i heard you have extensive military experience". when the new rambo movie comes out maybe you find him with a red bandana wraped around his head. [rofl] the tales are inventive, unlimited and spontaneous.
two of the best, in brief, are how he was recruited by special forces to rescue pows located in cambodian underground tunnels which included fighting his way through cobra pits using only a knife and a .45.
another favorite is being fired out a torpedo tube under the polar ice cap and confroting a russian frog woman.

Last edited:
I should go in there and tell him about how the movie Band Of Brothers was loosely based upon my career as a WW2 officer in the Airborne Corps doing the very first airborne assault into enemy territory.

Let me tell you,the winters were cold..so very cold.

Holy chit!!! Derek broke the post count meter and started over!!!!!

Hi Marcus,
Never had a good feeling myself, when I went in there. I checked them out twice, and the second time, cured me. If you live in south central MA. Sparky's Gun shop in Webster is good, and has great prices.
Happy gun shopping...

You know, now that I've had my LTC for a couple years, been to a few guns shows, and bought some firearms, I should go back to the Gun Room just to see if it's as bad as I remember.

ARguably, never heard of Sparky's in Webster. Why don't you start a new thread with a review?

Through various sources it has come to my attention that the proprieter is t.a. about the over his n.e.s. gun store reviews.
I'm sure he would be welcome to introduce himself to the forums, and answer any questions to clear up what are obviously misunderstandings.

the tales are inventive, unlimited and spontaneous.
Hocus pocus and Frisbee :).

would you happen to be a friend of his or a loyal customer? or are you being sarcastic?
Neither. When I hear about vendors who are not happy with what is being said about them. I haven't been to that store in years - not because of how I was treated (I didn't talk to the staff), but because they didn't fit my niche of needs as a consumer.

Now, did anyone figure out final line of my post?

Neither. When I hear about vendors who are not happy with what is being said about them. I haven't been to that store in years - not because of how I was treated (I didn't talk to the staff), but because they didn't fit my niche of needs as a consumer.

Now, did anyone figure out final line of my post?

If only the aliens would take him away and bring Andy Devine back. [wink]

Ken

I should go in there and tell him about how the movie Band Of Brothers was loosely based upon my career as a WW2 officer in the Airborne Corps doing the very first airborne assault into enemy territory.

Let me tell you,the winters were cold..so very cold.

Holy chit!!! Derek broke the post count meter and started over!!!!!
Greg, you should be the last one to complain. You are his best customer.

come on down

I'm sure he would be welcome to introduce himself to the forums, and answer any questions to clear up what are obviously misunderstandings.

tell him to join in.t his forum is a democratic process; he will be given equal air time[smile]

Through various sources it has come to my attention that the proprieter is t.a. about the over his n.e.s. gun store reviews. ...

"t.a."?

Could you translate this sentence for me? I'm not getting it.

Other Central MA places to shop:
Tombstone (just keep going West on Rte 9 until Brookfields)
Wayne's in W. Boylston
Sparky's
Another 1 or 2 in Webster?
Some new 1 in Uxbridge?
The 1 across the street from GOAL.

I miss Village Gun Shoppe in Northborough. A couple guys there were OK. What I miss more is the good old fashioned "kitchen table" dealers from the old days. Also the Never-Fail in W. Boylston.

Last edited:
Sparky's is a good shop. I haven't been in there in a while but I picked a few things up from him. He did the transfer on my SV years ago. Def. a nice guy and easy to deal with.

tell him to join in.t his forum is a democratic process; he will be given equal air time[smile]

My last comment about maybe he is...was in reference to this... Which I gathered 8thring was talking about the owner of the Gun room

john, himself. should join the forum and try to clean up his act: otherwise the adverse criticism from nes gun ownwrs he has ticked off will continue [sad]

Hi Marcus,
Never had a good feeling myself, when I went in there. I checked them out twice, and the second time, cured me. If you live in south central MA. Sparky's Gun shop in Webster is good, and has great prices.
Happy gun shopping...

I've been wanting to check that place out. Welcome aboard.

new idiot there

And they continue to shoot themselves in the foot. [rolleyes]

A friend of mine at work related this story to me. He's got his application in to his local PD and went out to the Gun Room to look at shotguns - he wants to go hunting. So he tells the person behind the counter that he's looking for a shotgun, and (here's where the idiot makes his mistake) the guy looks at him and says "You can't afford it".

Now, I don't know if my friend was coming from work - he works in the maintenance dept - or not. Guess he could have been, and been wearing his maintenance uniform. Or he might have been coming from his security job. BUT... you can't judge a person by what they wear nowadays.

He opens his wallet and shows the idiot his wad of cash (enough for a REALLY GOOD shotgun) - said idiot kind of gulps - and my friend says "You're not getting any of it. You had your chance and blew it."

Needless to say, I'm sending him to some other stores, where they'll treat him better.

rumour has it that they have a new "piece of work" behind the counter whom insults anyone that comes through the door. [crying][rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom