Gun Room, Shrewsbury, MA

prick's in general

which one's ?; the stupid, the grumpy, the old, the fat, the crazy, the boring, the hang-around, the do nothing, the annoying, the know it all, the snotty, the good-the bad-and the ugly, pricks. let's make out a list. [rofl][laugh2]

Last edited:
They have always had an attitude about them but I was impressed to find they stocked 50-round boxes of Federal EFMJ. This stuff is tough to come by. Carl at FS will stock the 20-round boxes if you ask but it usually isn't on the shelf. The three or four times I've been to the Gun Room they've had it on the shelf. They also have a good assortment of Hornady TAP JHP. That store still sucks unless you're really into Cowboy Action sports.

Ross,

IIRC, EFMJ is what NJ allows non-NJ LEOs (active only) folks to carry since they forbid retirees or mere peons from carrying hollow points. Expanding Full Metal Jacket
Oh, right... I remember reading about this load a few years back.

Personally, when I was living in NJ, I stoked my Model 19 with 125gr JSPs over 15.2 gr of Hercules Blue Dot (obligatory disclaimer: I do NOT recommend anyone do this, as the loading books are now saying that that is well over the maximum load!)... A pretty hot load, but the Mod 19 liked it.

They have always had an attitude about them but I was impressed to find they stocked 50-round boxes of Federal EFMJ. This stuff is tough to come by. Carl at FS will stock the 20-round boxes if you ask but it usually isn't on the shelf. The three or four times I've been to the Gun Room they've had it on the shelf. They also have a good assortment of Hornady TAP JHP. That store still sucks unless you're really into Cowboy Action sports.

I've got news for you. Despite what they might have in inventory the CAS want nothing to do with that place or those people.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

HOW THE HELL DOES THIS PLACE STAY IN BUSINESS?

+1 - The few times I have been in there, there are at least 4 people working behind the counter, most of them smoking cigars or pipes; the entrance door has a big sign that says no smoking, but whatever. They are always gabbing amongst themselves, obviously involved in something way more important than the potential money spender that walked through the door. Then, when they do see that you want to put money into their establishment, they approach you in an intimidating, semi-hostile, rude way (ie. "what do you want?" or "looking for something?") said in a tone that makes you feel as though you've just taken 5 minutes of their lives that they will never get back.

I actually tried to buy targets there once, the B27 style targets. And on the shelf there was a sign that said "B27 Sillouette: $.50" So I got 10 of them and went up to the counter and the guy, without looking at me, or how many targets I have or the register says:
"10 bucks"
and confused, I replied: "But I only have 10 here."
"Oh, well then those targets are $.75 a piece."
*still confused: "But the sign said $.50 a piece"
"Well that price is for the other targets."
"But it says B27 targets: 50 cents"
"Well its wrong"
"Well I'm never shopping here again if it is going to be like that" and I walked out of the store.

He just couldn't bare to take the 3 seconds out of his day to be useful. What he was saying didn't even make sense! I know it wasn't a lot of cash involved, but come on! Apparently if you aren't willing to spend more than 10 dollars in that store, they could care less about you. Ok, fine.

Last edited:
S&W 4040pd and Gunroom Cretin

+1 - The few times I have been in there, there are at least 4 people working behind the counter, most of them smoking cigars or pipes; the entrance door has a big sign that says no smoking, but whatever. They are always gabbing amongst themselves, obviously involved in something way more important than the potential money spender that walked through the door. Then, when they do see that you want to put money into their establishment, they approach you in an intimidating, semi-hostile, rude way (ie. "what do you want?" or "looking for something?") said in a tone that makes you feel as though you've just taken 5 minutes of their lives that they will never get back.

I actually tried to buy targets there once, the B27 style targets. And on the shelf there was a sign that said "B27 Sillouette: $.50" So I got 10 of them and went up to the counter and the guy, without looking at me, or how many targets I have or the register says:
"10 bucks"
and confused, I replied: "But I only have 10 here."
"Oh, well then those targets are $.75 a piece."
*still confused: "But the sign said $.50 a piece"
"Well that price is for the other targets."
"But it says B27 targets: 50 cents"
"Well its wrong"
"Well I'm never shopping here again if it is going to be like that" and I walked out of the store.

He just couldn't bare to take the 3 seconds out of his day to be useful. What he was saying didn't even make sense! I know it wasn't a lot of cash involved, but come on! Apparently if you aren't willing to spend more than 10 dollars in that store, they could care less about you. Ok, fine.

it has been almost 2yrs ago since i have been in the gunroom. when the S&W 4040pd came out i was looking to by one. they had one in stock and while handling it and just about ready to make the purchase that rambo-wannabee nut bag, bung-hole [all dressed up like he was going on a swat mission that day] flipped out, saying i was holdind it all wrong and and pointing at other customers. which i wasn't. i put the gun down and walked out.
the gunroom wanted $800 for the 4040pd, which i later found out was selling at other stores for $650.
i finnally settled for a Kahr arms k40 two tone for $500 at four seasons.[shocked][laugh][wink]

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost have to go there just so that I can post a story like 8thring's. That is too much.

If I stop by the store I'm going straight to the 50 cent B27 targets. Better yet, we should have several of us hit the B27's over a couple of days.

Goonroom

the bottom part of the message about the 4040pd is mine in reply to the top one. in the 2 yrs. since i been in,their bad reputaton still prevails minus the rambo ding-dong .
you have plenty of time to get caught up/ [rofl][laugh2]

Last edited:
rambo

the new rambo movie will be out jan 25. beware of the gunroom for a number of them will align their so called military expertise [crying] with this production and the conquering hero stories will reach epic proportions. you can mentally prepare yourself for this barage of pychosis with a good pair of earplugs and hip-boots [rofl][laugh2][rolleyes][shocked]

Guys ....Just don't give them your business if you don't like them!
I go there and have no problems with any of them ....!

Guys ....Just don't give them your business if you don't like them!
I go there and have no problems with any of them ....!

I have to agree. I've been a customer for a number of years and never had a problem with any of the folks there. Sure, some are opinionated and a bit eccentric, but, then again, so are many of our NES members (myself included).

I have to agree. I've been a customer for a number of years and never had a problem with any of the folks there. Sure, some are opinionated and a bit eccentric, but, then again, so are many of our NES members (myself included).

+1 I agree i have bought several nice pieces there and usually know what i am buying when i do it but i have never had a problem.

Oh, that's curious. The proprietor stated on a number of occasions that he's a decendent of Alexander the Great.
amoungst many other histrorical figures, including the royal bloodline from the grail mytholgy [the da vinci codes].
alexander the great declared himself to be a god. i have always felt that we may be dealing with gilgamesh himself; the concept of the eternal man in which all important fiqures throughout time can be attributed to one forever living person. in the two years since i have been in there, who knows what he has morphed into. the last thing heard is that he sold the gun to hinkley to be used in the attempted assaination of reagan. [rofl][shocked][laugh2],

Last edited:
in the two years since i have been in there, who knows what he has morphed into. the last thing heard is that he sold the gun to hinkley to be used in the attempted assaination of reagan. [rofl][shocked][laugh2],[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmmm........have not heard that one yet but I'll stop by some weekend and I'm sure I'll get an earfull. Cheers.

The Gun room looks more like A shoot out for the wild west getting ready to go down. has anyone been in when the moron wearing the two shoulder holsters and a side arm on his belt is there? What is he waiting for world war 3. Not a good image for bussness. A lot of those guys seem to think they know everything. I had tried to point out to the owner he had a pistol marked wrong , that it was a 1922 not a 1910. He had a fit. That place is more like a museum every day. The same crap over priced.

Back
Top Bottom