• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Found Near Roxbury Playground

This poses the question:

If you're walking down the street and you find a gun (lets assume its in good condition and serial number has not been altered), would you keep it?

This poses the question:

If you're walking down the street and you find a gun (lets assume its in good condition and serial number has not been altered), would you keep it?

NO! Unless you like to put yourself in jeopardy. Don't touch it, call 911 and have them recover it. You want to be in no way tied to a firearm with a history you have no way of knowing about. That's my opinion and everyone is welcomed to agree or not

The same thing happened at my kid's preschool in JP two years ago. A fleeing criminal just tossed it into the play area, and luckily a teacher spotted it first thing in the morning.

This poses the question:

Yeah, as soon as I typed that, the same question started running through my head. I would REALLY want to, but it probably wouldn't be a good idea.[thinking]

This poses the question:

depends on the model.

lorcin? nah. hi-point? nah. jennings? nah.

beretta? glock? CZ? probably.

Is there a website somewhere to see if it has any bodies on it? That seems like the thing worldstarhiphop would archive.

ETA: Damn, loaded with hammer cocked! It's a good thing an adult got to that first.

That's a nice gun right thurr.

Last edited:
This is the type of firearm that you burry in your yard for SHTF scenario and the cops come to take your guns. I'd turn it in though....

- - - Updated - - -

The comments on FB are great. one guy said he could see the ammo in the mag.

Jesu de Christo - Cocked and locked?
MDA plant?

This poses the question:

Depends on where and what the circumstances of the discovery are.

-Mike

Damn, a 41 mag S&W model 57?! Very nice gun and in great shape. Where was that criminal finding 41 mag ammo in stock?....

NO! Unless you like to put yourself in jeopardy. Don't touch it, call 911 and have them recover it. You want to be in no way tied to a firearm with a history you have no way of knowing about. That's my opinion and everyone is welcomed to agree or not

Given this was Roxbury, there are probably bodies attached to the gun and it was almost certainly a stolen gun to boot. No thanks, not touching it.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/28877447/images-loaded-gun-found-near-roxbury-playground

".41 Magnum Revolver was discovered by a parent..."

Guess someone was in a hurry last night...

Since it is worth more than $3.00, he has to turn it into the police, and gets to keep it as his own if the owner does not claim it within (I think) 30 days.

I would love to find a gun just to have fun enforcing the lost property law.

MGL Chapter 134 Section 1:

Section 1. Any person who finds lost money or goods of the value of three dollars or more, the owner of which is unknown, shall within two days report the finding thereof to the officer in charge at a police station in the town where said property was found, or, if there is no police station, post notice thereof in two public places therein, or, instead of such report or posting, cause notice thereof to be advertised in a newspaper published therein.

Last edited:
Since it is worth more than $3.00, he has to turn it into the police, and gets to keep it as his own if the owner does not claim it within (I think) 30 days.

Of course, if it were me, I'd be arrested on felony charges for possession of a firearm without a license....even standing 20 feet away from the gun while I called the PD

Love this picture
roxbury-gun-close.jpg

Any idea what the penalty is if you don't turn it in?

Back
Top Bottom