• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Found Near Roxbury Playground

Nevermind the fact that its a loaded and cocked revolver found near a kiddy park....

the creepy part here is its chambered in .41 magnum.

Where did the perp find .41 mag ammo?

A huge number of crime guns are only used/carried with "whatever the gun came with". It's not uncommon for cops to find guns that have partially empty magazines, etc.

-Mike

A huge number of crime guns are only used/carried with "whatever the gun came with". It's not uncommon for cops to find guns that have partially empty magazines, etc.

-Mike

Probably just preemptively abiding by the expansion of the SAFE Act.

-Mike
This is why in the average "arsenal" that police display proudly, you usually only see a few ziploc bags of ammo. The average NESer could probably resupply several gangs - from one range day worth :)

This poses the question:

If you're walking down the street and you find a gun (lets assume its in good condition and serial number has not been altered), would you keep it?

You would have to be fully retarded to touch it, call the police and let them them deal with it.

Last edited:
This poses the question:

If you're walking down the street and you find a gun (lets assume its in good condition and serial number has not been altered), would you keep it?

I was going to ask the same question....lmao.

Isn't there a law in that state (Not that it is followed) That the firearm is to be returned to the owner who reported it stolen, providing the firearm is not contraband due to the serial number being obliterated.

And do you think that Boston PD would comply with such a law?? [rofl] [rofl]

Isn't there a law in that state (Not that it is followed) That the firearm is to be returned to the owner who reported it stolen, providing the firearm is not contraband due to the serial number being obliterated.

dont worry, it will likely end up back in the collection of the officer who lost it there or the "moms demand action" hero who left it there so someone could find it....

I would love to see someone follow up on this in a month to see what happened to the gun and the last recoreded owner (though gun registries are illegal)

Not trying to hi jack the thread but is there a way you could legally keep it hypothetically if you found one. I mean could you call the cops say you found it have them run some tests and then keep it if it came back clean?

Not trying to hi jack the thread but is there a way you could legally keep it hypothetically if you found one. I mean could you call the cops say you found it have them run some tests and then keep it if it came back clean?

I could be wrong but LEGALLY, yes.
Realistically, not a chance in hell. The police in general have a bad track record of returning to the owner who reported it stolen. And if it was reported stolen there are a half dozen crimes involved so it's going to be "evidence" until it's destroyed or disappears into a cops collection.

Even if they can't trace anything back to it, they will tell you they did just so the can justify disposing of it one way or the other.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So looks planted there...

Does-having-pot-plants-in-006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom