• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun buyback

I work part time at Wegmans Burlington. Just found out that they are sponsoring a buyback in Burlington tomorrow. I'm heading into work in 10 minutes to put my notice. I am disgusted that they would be involved in this.

Can I hang out in the parking lot and offer these people who participate more money than what they'll get inside? That's not illegal, right?

Legal or not, the people that tried that outside the Waltham one were hassled by the police. Be prepared.

Can I hang out in the parking lot and offer these people who participate more money than what they'll get inside? That's not illegal, right?

As long as the person turning in the gun has an LTC and hasn't used their four private sales for this year, then yes, it's legal. I don't think an unlicensed person can privately sell a gun to a licensed person without using an FFL to conduct the transfer.

Thank goodness for this....I was stressing as to how to safely dispose of my unwanted weapons, thereby reducing the chances of accidental discharge or crimes in the home. (Jezus H Christ...will this nonsense ever end?)

I work part time at Wegmans Burlington. Just found out that they are sponsoring a buyback in Burlington tomorrow. I'm heading into work in 10 minutes to put my notice. I am disgusted that they would be involved in this.

If you're looking for a new job that's pro 2a, my office is always looking for new talent and 2 of us are gun owners.

Legal or not, the people that tried that outside the Waltham one were hassled by the police. Be prepared.

That was me and sbi. The waltham pd and belmont dectective henebury are a holes. Lots of harrassment and threats. Dectective brooks from the waltham pd cannot reach room temperature fast enough. The buyback was spurred because of a murder of a teen. Oh the teen was attempting to rob and beat a fellow drug dealer from newton in a fake drug deal but have a buyback for him,that will help.

Worcester says it must be operable.

I wonder how they'll check.

When I crashed the waltham one, as i was parking, i watched a waltham detective walk over to an old rotted stump (10 ft off a main street and sidewalk), point down at the stump and pull the trigger of a POS revolver several times. Obviously it was unloaded but it was still strange to see since it was in a very visible area and right next to the street where people were sitting at the stop light.

Thanks for the comments. I failed to link to the Boston Globe article. Tomorrow they're doing the "buyback" at BPD. when I came to work I met with HR. The guy I saw had no idea. He was going to speak with tge store manager. Seeing as no one has gotten back to me, I doubt I will. I haven't quit yet but this is just a side job I don't really need. I can't stomach working for an anti 2a company. We'll see how it goes.

Probably hurt their precious little egos that Glock Girl knows how to handle (most definitely shoot) and ID firearms better than themselves or any of their JBT colleagues.

One of the lt dectectives (henebury from belmont) told me it was illegal to possess a gun that wasn't own by me. Her grasp of the law in many other areas was as lacking. Clueless would be an understatement.

One of the lt dectectives (henebury from belmont) told me it was illegal to possess a gun that wasn't own by me. Her grasp of the law in many other areas was as lacking. Clueless would be an understatement.

Unfortunately that is the case with many (not all) of the MA LEO's. Live near a few....they were joking about an ND at one of their fellow officer's house. "HAHAA it went off and my kids were like in the next room." Guy was with his fellow buddies changing a widow he shattered

Yeah, no kidding.
What'll that get you at Wegmans ?? Two sandwiches at the deli counter ???

In defense of Wegmans, their sandwiches are excellent. :p

I'm waiting for the right gun buyback because I have a decent but unwanted Savage MkII that I'll never get more than $200 for. The last buyback didn't accept rifles though.

In defense of Wegmans, their sandwiches are excellent. :p

I'm waiting for the right gun buyback because I have a decent but unwanted Savage MkII that I'll never get more than $200 for. The last buyback didn't accept rifles though.

Don't do it. Even if they gave you $500 cash, it furthers the agenda with another gun on the table for the sheep picture. Sell it any keep the gun alive.

Back
Top Bottom