Gun belts

I know some people live and die by gun belts here. Im waiting for my IWB Crossbreed holster to show up and was looking at gun belts too. I checked a bunch of sites and they all run at least $50. I just cant rationalize spending $50 on a belt unless it comes with a pair of pants. What do you guys use? Wont a regular, sturdy dress belt work fine too? I've been pocket carrying up until now.

If you want nylon, the Cabela's Last chance, is a fine belt (a ripoff of the wilderness instructor belt)

If you want a leather belt, pay the $85. Its worth every penny. Horse hide is ideal, and I like the beltman belts.

If you're thinking of Crossbreed's belts, I like them, but be warned they are really friggen thick.

I got buy with a mechanics leather belt for years but it was a thick belt, not as thick as a gun belt but it worked okay, the gun belt is better and worth the few extra dollars

I always wore carharrt belts, thought they were great! Then I bought a crossbreed belt. I will never go back. My other belts feel like its just a piece of twine wrapped around my waste.

www.gunnersalley.com sells their own (I own one such dress belt - well worth the money), the Beltman, etc. all sell REAL dress gun belts.

Nothing beats the Wilderness Instructor belt for non-formal dress. Bought mine with a discount from Gunnersalley some years ago.

Once you try a real gun belt you will understand what we are saying. There is no comparison and NO a nice leather dress belt is NOT the same and won't do the job! Believe me, it took me ~30 years to come to that realization myself.

+1 here. I own four of his belts. One each of black and brown of the narrow and wide. He makes great belts and will stand behind them as long as he's alive. I lost about 70 pounds a few years back. He only charged me the cost of shipping them to him and he re-sized them for me so I didn't have to buy a new belt. I'm still wearing them.

Just bought my first belt from him. Ordered it, had it in less than a week. Fits great, sturdy and really nice. you can't go wrong there.

+1 here. I own four of his belts. One each of black and brown of the narrow and wide. He makes great belts and will stand behind them as long as he's alive. I lost about 70 pounds a few years back. He only charged me the cost of shipping them to him and he re-sized them for me so I didn't have to buy a new belt. I'm still wearing them.

I "got by" with my regular 20 dollar belt for 9 months or so. Got a beltman belt for christmas - 1.25 inches wide with a plastic insert, cost 85 bucks shipped. I've been kicking myself that I didn't get one the day I got my holster. Budget the belt/holster into the gun, it's very important, and you won't realize how much you need a good belt until you actually get one.
http://thebeltman.net/
I can't speak to the nylon ones, but for leather it's going to be a chunk of change to avoid stretching.

A good gun belt is the way to go. I got sick of having my pants hanging off my butt. Now I don't look like I'm from the hood. Not that a fat white guy could ever look that way, but you get my drift.

This thread is relevant to my interests. I go through a levi's canvas belt about once a year and just this morning while my crack was hanging out I found myself thinking its time to grow the f up and get myself a big boy belt.

I'll be checking out Andy, but I had my eye on a belt from simplyrugged. Does anyone have any words for or against Rob Leahy?

K&D Holster, which doesn't make holsters anymore still makes belts. I have one and its a thick sturdy cut of leather.

I wear a Wilderness Instructor belt weather or not i'm carrying that day. Mine is the 3 stitch easy fit. I plan to pick up a 5 stitch next.

One item of curiosity: I have Crossbreed SuperTuck holsters with the standard clips they come with and I also regularly wear a Blackhawk CQB belt. The two seem incompatible as I guess those clips are not intended for a 1 3/4" belt. Has anyone used the J-hooks they offer in conjunction with a comparable belt?

Spend the money on a good gun belt. I had read posts here saying what a difference it made for carrying, but I balked at the price. Then I bought one and I understood. It was worth every penny.

I know some people live and die by gun belts here. Im waiting for my IWB Crossbreed holster to show up and was looking at gun belts too. I checked a bunch of sites and they all run at least $50. I just cant rationalize spending $50 on a belt unless it comes with a pair of pants. What do you guys use? Wont a regular, sturdy dress belt work fine too? I've been pocket carrying up until now.

I use an IWB holster and I use plain leather belts made by an Amish gentleman. He uses the same leather as he does for reins (the one I'm wearing now is about 0.16" thick and 1.5" wide and was purchased over 25 years ago, I have several newer ones from him of the same quality both brown and black). The last one I bought (last year) was 16 or $17.

A little biased because its what I wear everyday but the Beltman belt I have was the best carry component I have invested in. I used to wear a wilderness style nylon for everyday and a dickies leather dress for work but the Beltman belt is leaps and bounds beyond those.

Back
Top Bottom