Gun belts

Armour Precision Made Belts

On Friday, 31 May 2013, I ordered three belts at Armour Precision Made Belts. All three belts arrived Tuesday, 03 June 2013. Even if I were to wear the same one of these every day, it's obvious that it would outlive me. Easily the best belt and service for my money.

Just another satisfied customer.
PGNH Endowment Life Member

In this Country we generally don't use this. 31 May 2013.

We use this. 05/31/2013.

Just sayin'

Other than that try the 5.11 belts.

Last edited:
I have a Crossbreed belt, have had it for over a year and wear it almost every day. It's holding up just fine, holes still holding their shape, nothings fraying, etc. Worth the money IMHO, and makes all the difference with IWB or OWB holsters.

Ive been carrying a 1911 in a MItch Rosen IWB for over two decades using a Mitch Rosen belt that I ordered with the holster. I dont do much for them other than wiping them down with saddle soap a couple times a year. Never go cheap.

First - Andy's belts from this forum.

second - I write the date in day month year format all the time.

We use this. 05/31/2013.

Just sayin'

Most of the people I know who have worn the uniform of THIS COUNTRY'S armed services write the date that way...

Agree with Blitz1 but those of us who worked in the "military industrial complex" or served do use day-month-year format and even use 24-hr time format. I've converted every watch, cell phone and digital clock that has that capability to 24 hour format and even taught my Wife to use it. [smile] It actually avoids errors (alarm clocks/automatic coffee pots set 12 hrs off what you wanted). The rest of the civilized world also uses day-month-year format, just like they use the metric system. The US is an ignorant island which has a hard time accepting other ways of doing business.

Back on topic . . .

- Wilderness Tactical makes great gun belts . . . they aren't dressy but great for casual wear.
- Gunners Alley makes great leather gun belts, reasonably priced.
- Most of the top-notch custom holster makers also offer belts. Prices tend to be high, but excellent quality.

Agree with Blitz1 but those of us who worked in the "military industrial complex" or served do use day-month-year format and even use 24-hr time format. I've converted every watch, cell phone and digital clock that has that capability to 24 hour format and even taught my Wife to use it. [smile] It actually avoids errors (alarm clocks/automatic coffee pots set 12 hrs off what you wanted). The rest of the civilized world also uses day-month-year format, just like they use the metric system. The US is an ignorant island which has a hard time accepting other ways of doing business.

Back on topic . . .

- Wilderness Tactical makes great gun belts . . . they aren't dressy but great for casual wear.
- Gunners Alley makes great leather gun belts, reasonably priced.
- Most of the top-notch custom holster makers also offer belts. Prices tend to be high, but excellent quality.

I worked in an oil terminal for a bunch of years using 24 hour time. I found that I like it, and also have changed everything I own to that format. I also agree on the text I made red....a large portion of our populace could never fathom changing to something that cuts down the # of mistakes made and makes things easier...

I will contribute something on topic, so as not to appear the quintessential thread hijacker:

I use a Wilderness Instructor for rough and tumble wear that I don't care about looking casual, but I found a Duluth Trading "lifetime belt" works well for a little more refined look. The Duluth belt doesn't support quite as well, but since I don't have to dress "well" very often or for very long, it works for me. YMMV

We use this. 05/31/2013.

Just sayin'

[laugh2]

Other than that try the 5.11 belts.

I did, at an LGS. The 5.11 leather belts are good for what they are but, like other belts I've owned, their comparison to the Armour belts starts and ends with, "they are belts and they are leather". If you've never worn a good stiff handmade leather gun belt, you don't know what you're missing. I didn't.

A little history... a guy by the name of Jerry Bissell, down in Mt. Airy, NC, decided to make some leather belts for friends and relatives, for something to do in retirement. You see, Jerry had retired from the Air Force, and then worked for USPS for 20-something years and retired from that, and sometime in there he had even been a police officer for awhile. Anyhow, people liked the belts that Jerry made so much that they told other people about Jerry and the belts, and showed some of the belts to some of the other people. Well, some of those other people wanted belts from Jerry, too. Jerry cobbled together a rudimentary world-wide web site, www.jbgunbelts.com (after all, he was a belt maker, not a web site designer), where people could see samples of his work, select the leather color, thread color, and a buckle from a range of options, and place their order(s). After awhile (a couple years?), Jerry realized that makin' belts had become a full-time job and it had been months since he felt retired... he was not enjoying his retirement and had precious little time to do or enjoy much of anything, other than making belts, anymore. Enter Jerry's nephew, Michael Dare Bissell. Jerry worked with Michael for awhile, teaching him the craft. In May of this year, they closed up the belt shop in Mt. Airy and moved equipment and supplies to Ludington, MI where Michael now makes the belts as Armour Precision Made Belts. Michael made the belts I mentioned in my post earlier in this thread. They are virtually indistinguishable from others I have seen that were made by Jerry. I wrote more about the belts and service I received from Michael, and how the belts compare to others I've worn over the years here.

The Armour Belts won't be the best choice in every case. However, they do warrant consideration by anyone looking for a good leather belt, whether for use as a gun belt or not. Don't just take my word for it; a quick online search for jbgunbelts will turn up plenty of links to comments about and photographs of these belts, most of which are posted to various other gun forums.

I've been just using a regular black, leather dress belt, but it always felt like it wasn't quite right....i carry a full size S&W M&P 40 with a SHTF Gear IWB leather/Kydex hybrid holster....

it's a great holster btw if anybody is interested (it's the ACE-1) holster....

anyway yesterday i happened to be in Milford and heard about a place called 5.11 Tactical...awesome store full of every kind if gear you could imagine....tons of Safariland items....lots of holsters and military/police gear...

the belt selection was awesome...plenty to choose from...nice leather duty belts,.nylon....i choose the 5.11 gear trainer belt

yseba3yq.jpg

definitely a tough belt...very study...feels comfortable but will probably get even better once broken in some more...highly recommended by allot of people here on the forum and now i can see why....only set me back $45...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

i love my wilderness 5 stitch and remora clipless holster. rode around 150 miles today, a few bumpy roads, and about 10 miles of bumpy dirt roads and trails. got home and my sr9c was exactly where i put it on 8 hours prior. got on and off my bike probably 12-15 times, even tried to jump a speedbump. didnt budge.

I have a 5.11 belt and love it, I never realized the difference of a good gun belt over a regular belt was until I bought one!

- - - Updated - - -

I've been just using a regular black, leather dress belt, but it always felt like it wasn't quite right....i carry a full size S&W M&P 40 with a SHTF Gear IWB leather/Kydex hybrid holster....

it's a great holster btw if anybody is interested (it's the ACE-1) holster....

anyway yesterday i happened to be in Milford and heard about a place called 5.11 Tactical...awesome store full of every kind if gear you could imagine....tons of Safariland items....lots of holsters and military/police gear...

the belt selection was awesome...plenty to choose from...nice leather duty belts,.nylon....i choose the 5.11 gear trainer belt

yseba3yq.jpg

definitely a tough belt...very study...feels comfortable but will probably get even better once broken in some more...highly recommended by allot of people here on the forum and now i can see why....only set me back $45...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That's my belt, I bought it at Shooter's Outpost in Hookset....

Back
Top Bottom