• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun and ammo shortages

Stossel had students submit videos regarding their thoughts on capitalism and 'disasters' or 'shortages' and pricing. marxists hate hearing Milton Friedman say,"the gougers deserve medals"

Lol, I wouldn't go as far as Milt, but I think at some level flippers and gougetards end up being a necessary evil. Their shitty prices help scare away potential/low info consumers, which might
help reduce overall demand and allow the market to recover faster. The more people that at least believe "ammo is overpriced" the sooner the real market will come back.

Lol, I wouldn't go as far as Milt, but I think at some level flippers and gougetards end up being a necessary evil. Their shitty prices help scare away potential/low info consumers, which might
help reduce overall demand and allow the market to recover faster. The more people that at least believe "ammo is overpriced" the sooner the real market will come back.
Reasonable, indeed. However, this topic currently does not seem to relate to water, food, shelter or medical needs.

Regardless of the economics and supply/demand. Isn't "gouging" situational as well as a personal/moral decision?

Reasonable, indeed. However, this topic currently does not seem to relate to water, food, shelter or medical needs.

Regardless of the economics and supply/demand. Isn't "gouging" situational as well as a personal/moral decision?

I shouldn't even really call them gougetards, because it's not what I consider price gouging, in a "moral" sense. This ain't about people selling bottled water here. The odds of someone dying by most people not being able to buy a few boxes of ammo are not exactly great, not even at the shit prices now. If someone can't come up with enough bucks to buy a few boxes of ammo then I have a hard time feeling bad for them. Especially in a time where even sec 8 welfare types are on 900 dollar phones and driving leased mercedes shitover SUV and shit like that.

Like I can still go out, right now, and buy enough ammo for a basic defensive loadout right now and still not spend more than I would on a few tanks of gas. That's "expensive" but not outside of the reach of most.

No, but I bet if they're doing that shit it's because of the flood of nippleheads in March. Gun shops were flooded with people who couldn't legally buy guns. Not saying its right, either, but I can understand why.

If it's not required, what I experienced yesterday was a little over the top. Sign on the door "Don't knock, we can see you", then the guy opens the door, in a less than friendly manner demands to see LTC, points to touchless sanitizer dispenser that says "Don't Touch" or something similar.

It's not March anymore. I drive by the place regularly and the parking lot is hardly overflowing. If they want to limit the number of people there are better ways to do it. I get that we expect most LGS to treat people like shit on the bottom of their shoe, but at least let them ask a stupid question first, before answering w/ a question.

We limit the number of people in our office which is open to the public, deal w/ people every day (RMV issues anyone?), but we're not rude about it no matter how stupid/annoying we may find someone.

Funny thing -

- Selling a house when the market has gone sharply up is not considered "gouging"
- Ditto for selling precious metals, collectible items, or publicly traded securities
- You can't gouge by selling your Con-Agra stock after a run-up, but can by doing the same with its products

Last edited:
Just thinking about what caliber weapons I have...

Shotgun
10 Gauge
12 Gauge

Rifle
.338 Lapua Magnum
8mm Mauser
30-06
7.62x54R
7.62x51 NATO
7.62x39
.308 Winchester
.30 Carbine
5.56 NATO

Handgun
.50 AE
.454 Casull
.45 Long Colt
.45 ACP
.44 Magnum
10mm
.357 Magnum
9mm
7.62x25 Tokerov
5.7x28
.25 ACP
.22 Mag
.22 LR
.17 HMR

... Never owned a .40! 😅

Went out to the range this morning with a friend who was sighting in a new scope. Ran through 50 rounds of .22LR and 25 rounds of 5.56, blew off spending the first part of the day in the office, had a good time, and never bothered to tally up what it cost. Understanding the concept of a Sunk Cost is a wonderful thing.

Went out to the range this morning with a friend who was sighting in a new scope. Ran through 50 rounds of .22LR and 25 rounds of 5.56, blew off spending the first part of the day in the office, had a good time, and never bothered to tally up what it cost. Understanding the concept of a Sunk Cost is a wonderful thing.

Woah! A whole 50 rounds of .22LR... that’s like telling the GF I’m taking her out to dinner and pulling into a McDonald’s... you ballin’

If it's not required, what I experienced yesterday was a little over the top. Sign on the door "Don't knock, we can see you", then the guy opens the door, in a less than friendly manner demands to see LTC, points to touchless sanitizer dispenser that says "Don't Touch" or something similar.

It's not March anymore. I drive by the place regularly and the parking lot is hardly overflowing. If they want to limit the number of people there are better ways to do it. I get that we expect most LGS to treat people like shit on the bottom of their shoe, but at least let them ask a stupid question first, before answering w/ a question.

We limit the number of people in our office which is open to the public, deal w/ people every day (RMV issues anyone?), but we're not rude about it no matter how stupid/annoying we may find someone.
Yeah, that is retarded..... but it also is part and parcel why I’ve only been into larger gun shops in MA like 6 times since Healeyban.
View attachment 395543

Yeah - I see the typo too....
Well, reloaders and anyone who stocked up be like...

View: https://youtu.be/zS1cLOIxsQ8

Yeah, that is retarded..... but it also is part and parcel why I’ve only been into larger gun shops in MA like 6 times since Healeyban.

If they weren’t less than three miles from my house and on my regular travel route, I wouldn’t go there. Unfortunately Northeast Trading & BassPro are the only other nearby options. And they were selling non-neutered 365’s.

My son and I shot in the backyard today. He had to put 30 rds on paper first. School project on statistics, the teacher suggested a dart board and measure each hit. My son came up with a better idea, Minuteman Armory left handed 5.56mm AR.

Anyway, I shot Hornady 55gr SP I had in my ‘assorted’ box my son prefers Federal GMM 69 & 77gr. After he got through with the 100yd paper, we shot a 10” round steel at 100m, a 6” round steel at 50yds and a 66% IPSC steel at 75yds.

I also discovered if I wear my prescription glasses (have the drivers license restriction) I shoot better. We both use Trijicon ACOGs his has the chevron and mine the donut.

Perused a ME deer hunting page......a lot of folks trying to find rifle ammo. 30/30...30.06 nowhere to found. Perhaps two weeks to go is a little late to the party....but still sucks. Big time.

Now those are two calibers for which I should borrow someone's rifle or two. Must have a few milk crates of assorted reloads; nothing to shoot them in.

Actually, I've got two boxes of Hornady 170 grainers (#3060) that need brass to go into. Anyone down my way is welcome to bring their brass and roll their own on my bench. Live fire onsite.

How about these for the next bullet shortage...

Attachments

• .22LRSabot.jpg
    .22LRSabot.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom