Gun and ammo shortages

deerdad

NES Member
NOT that it has anything to do with all the riots and lawlessness. :rolleyes:

Yeah I was at bass pro shops with the wife Sunday for the first time in a year or more. Couldn’t believe how clean the shelves were. Thankfully I’ve stock piled so need to buy much right now.

Wait till Biden wins.

Ammo prices will triple.

Lol, no.... I realize you want to play flipper the dolphin, but we've all seen this movie before.

Outside of some flippers selling shit for 3x market, that almost nobody will buy.... the product is simply GONE. [laugh]

There is a point of abandonment where dealers and others will simply stop buying shit because its overpriced. Or they will buy far less of
it. This in turn causes some "tamping" in the long run. Then you end up with a drought. Like right now we're about 95% drought.

Lol, no.... I realize you want to play flipper the dolphin, but we've all seen this movie before.

Outside of some flippers selling shit for 3x market, that almost nobody will buy.... the product is simply GONE. [laugh]

There is a point of abandonment where dealers and others will simply stop buying shit because its overpriced. Or they will buy far less of
it. This in turn causes some "tamping" in the long run. Then you end up with a drought. Like right now we're about 95% drought.
Interesting analysis!

If trump gets nominee and gets elected, I’m going to sacrifice a chicken.

At this point, I’ll take the nominee for the long haul...but just want next month to be done with already and it hasn’t even happened yet. Lucky for me, I have plans to spend every possible minute of it in the woods of indiana.

I have a bad feeling this is going to be a long and cold winter...never been an optimist unfortunately.

For thread relevance, ammo is technically ‘available’ out here, but VERY pricey. I haven’t bought a single round of anything other than 7.62x39 since the beginning of all this shit...bought about 6 or 7 thousand of those though :)

Wait till Biden wins.

Ammo prices will triple.
You should see our local LGS in Claremont. Today (9/29) they got in 9mm and .223/5.56. They were charging $248 for a 200rd battle pack of 5.56. They were charging $57 for a box of (50rd) 9mm.
They were always high to begin with, but now.... Runnings, a local branch of a semi-big box store has pushed their prices up, but were still charging $15 for 9mm and $11 (avg.) for .223.

Another area LGS gets very little in, and put a 5 round box limit (on .223). He said that part of the problem was Walmart stopping the sale of certain calibers. He said that shortly after they made the announcement, dealers got an announcement that prices would be going up as much as 40%. He said that since W/M had been such a volume buyer that it pushed prices down. :rolleyes:

It's funny because the flippers trying to get triple value at anything over .80c/r are missing real chances to make money if they are stacked deep enough to mind separating from some.

You should see our local LGS in Claremont. Today (9/29) they got in 9mm and .223/5.56. They were charging $248 for a 200rd battle pack of 5.56. They were charging $57 for a box of (50rd) 9mm.
They were always high to begin with, but now.... Runnings, a local branch of a semi-big box store has pushed their prices up, but were still charging $15 for 9mm and $11 (avg.) for .223.

Another area LGS gets very little in, and put a 5 round box limit (on .223). He said that part of the problem was Walmart stopping the sale of certain calibers. He said that shortly after they made the announcement, dealers got an announcement that prices would be going up as much as 40%. He said that since W/M had been such a volume buyer that it pushed prices down. :rolleyes:
I'm feeling warm and fuzzy about now!

Thank goodness I was the ant and not the grasshopper (or whatever that fable was)

The ant works hard in the withering heat and the rain all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while he is cold and starving. CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. The insect kingdom is stunned by the sharp contrast. How can this be, that in an ant community of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so? Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper and everybody cries when they sing, ‘It’s Not Easy Being Green ...’

“A group called ‘Occupy the Anthill’ stages a demonstration in front of the ant’s house where the news stations film the Reverend Al Sharpton and a group of grasshoppers kneeling down to pray for the grasshopper while he damns the ants. He later appears on MSNBC to complain that rich ants do not care about those insects less fortunate. Former President Obama condemns the ants and blames Donald Trump, President Bush 43, President Bush 41, President Reagan, Christopher Columbus, and the Pope for the grasshopper’s plight. Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer exclaim in an interview on The View that the ants has gotten rich off the backs of the poor grasshoppers, and both call for an immediate tax hike on ants to make them pay his fair share. Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity & Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive to the beginning of the summer. The ant is fined and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the Government Grasshopper Czar and given to the grasshopper. The story ends as we see the grasshopper and his free-loading grasshopper friends finishing up the last bits of the ant’s food while the government-owned ant house he is in, which, as you’ll recall, just happens to be the ant’s old home, the house crumbles around them because the grasshoppers don’t maintain it. The ant has disappeared in the snow, never to be seen again. The grasshopper is found dead from starvation, and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once prosperous and peaceful ant neighborhood. The moral of the modern version of the story: Be careful how you vote in 2020.”

I plagiarized this Story of the Ant and the Grasshopper

guns seem to be pretty plentiful, and no ammo shortage here! made sure to have my 4k per caliber set aside before the FU-FLU ravaged the continent! I made sure to buy mine during the salad days as to not put undue strain on the supply chain. you guys gotta stop buying up all the excess ammo out there cause you're 'panicking'. there's people out there who haven't even made their 4k threshold yet and the likes of you NESers are scoffing it all up like the hungry hungry hippos you are.

It's funny because the flippers trying to get triple value at anything over .80c/r are missing real chances to make money if they are stacked deep enough to mind separating from some.
Some of them are being D-bags. They are taking advantage of people in this forum selling cheap so some can have ammo and then reselling for 2x. A lot of them caught up and stopped offering cheap ammo.

Some of them are being D-bags. They are taking advantage of people in this forum selling cheap so some can have ammo and then reselling for 2x. A lot of them caught up and stopped offering cheap ammo.
Seems like an inexpensive manner to identify those who lack integrity. Lists may become important in the near future, no ?

That is a stretch for some of the sellers, but I understand your general attitude towards the subject and the general behavior. Any of the 556 I have or recently gotten I sell at .65c/r because I refuse to even sell ammo at .75c/r or higher even though it'll still sell. I just won't even participate in ammunition at those costs since this is part time for me and I don't need this to put food on my table.

Edit to include: At those prices I'm shooting milsurp, boutique cartridges or full power rifle and just won't even shoot every day ammunition. At 75c/r it is cheaper for me to shoot 500S&W, 460S&W, 30-06 and 8mm Mauser.

Last edited:
What's a decent price for 7.62/.308?
If you're the buyer - .60-.75c/r was fairly common prior to COVID for basic ammunition (ignoring match ammunition or specialty ammunition, right now it really depends on your location and the level of availability in your area. I've seen .75c/r to $1.30/r as of late. I can't answer what decent is. That depends on your supply, budget and desire to possess ammunition.

That is a stretch for some of the sellers, but I understand your general attitude towards the subject and the general behavior. Any of the 556 I have or recently gotten I sell at .65c/r because I refuse to even sell ammo at .75c/r or higher even though it'll still sell. I just won't even participate in ammunition at those costs since this is part time for me and I don't need this to put food on my table.

Edit to include: At those prices I'm shooting milsurp, boutique cartridges or full power rifle and just won't even shoot every day ammunition. At 75c/r it is cheaper for me to shoot 500S&W, 460S&W, 30-06 and 8mm Mauser.
If you are getting ammo somewhere else and reselling here, whatever.

It just bothers me when someone gets ammo from a NES member then turns around and tries to re-sell it on NES for more. That is a d-bag move in my opinion.

If you are getting ammo somewhere else and reselling here, whatever.

It just bothers me when someone gets ammo from a NES member then turns around and tries to re-sell it on NES for more. That is a d-bag move in my opinion.
Now that I agree is incredibly distasteful. Kind of like what I’ve been seeing with people repurposing some of the newer lowers to market as “prehealey”

Back
Top Bottom