• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun and ammo shortages

Hmm, I have some 30-06 ammo that I should pull out and sell. Not suitable for my Garands (and I have CMP ammo for those), so I have no use for it.

Yesterday I was in Shooters Outpost, 619DW and BassPro. All three had slim pickings and lots of empty shelf space.

SO - Some ammo but lots of empty spaces. Sig displays were mostly empty but had magazines and grips for the 320 series. Gun cases had considerable stock but some empty spaces. Deli counter deal with folks waiting an hour to be waited on for guns. Downstairs line to cashiers ran up an ammo aisle to the rear of the store. Parking lot was packed (this was ~12Noon) with only 1-2 empty spaces.

619DW - Had handguns, but rifle racks were mostly empty. Had some ammo, but lots of empty cubes. Ammo restrictions due to shortage, 9mm only with a gun or 1 bulk pack in another cube. Busy store, but they were handling it well.

BassPro-Hooksett - Mostly empty aisles were ammo and reloading supplies should be. Most rifle racks empty but don't know if that is because they are cucks or they sold most of them. Fair amount of overpriced handguns in the cases. Only the second time I've been in a BP since they screwed GOAL and the Women's event a few years ago and both times the only thing I did there was use the men's room, leaving a donation.[devil]

I've picked up so much ammo and reloading components over the years (through multiple shortages). I don't have correct guns for half the ammo I own. Some caliber guns, I've never owned. I still don't have a press either (but I go to my friend's house and reload with him sometimes).

How about these for the next bullet shortage... <.22LRSabot.jpg>
.22 LR Sabot?
OyMItXt.gif

The gun and ammo shortages have only gotten worse since this thread was started, with no end in sight.

You know it's bad when a major distributor like Davidsons has nothing listed in the "New Arrivals" and "Weekly Specials" sections on their website:

[angry]

I'm wondering if the laws of supply and demand dictate that now is a good time to sell off some of the lower-end, more pedestrian type guns from our collections, and cash-in while they're selling for exorbitant prices ???

The gun and ammo shortages have only gotten worse since this thread was started, with no end in sight.

You know it's bad when a major distributor like Davidsons has nothing listed in the "New Arrivals" and "Weekly Specials" sections on their website:

[angry]

I'm wondering if the laws of supply and demand dictate that now is a good time to sell off some of the lower-end, more pedestrian type guns from our collections, and cash-in while they're selling for exorbitant prices ???

looking at some of the gun prices in the classifieds and on stores websites, I'd say that's the case now

looking at some of the gun prices in the classifieds and on stores websites, I'd say that's the case now

:)

Yeah, it's really ugly out there. Just when you think it can't possibly get any worse... it gets worse. Seems that all the things I'm looking for in the whole "shooting sports" realm are either not available at all or so expensive as to be completely unattractive to buy.

I know I should take this opportunity to sell off some of my excess/unneeded stuff, but the way the country is headed at the moment I'm not sure that disposing of anything firearms-related is a great idea. [rolleyes]

But have you seen the prices for .380 lately??? 🤪 Who can afford to shoot .380 at $1.00/round and up. o_O

As bad as things may seem, after Harris & Biden take office we'll be looking back and calling these the "Good Old days."
1 Million+ new gun owners, Biden/Harris taking over and the probability of losing the Senate. What could possibly go wrong.
This and this. Truth. :confused:

1 Million+ new gun owners, Biden/Harris taking over and the probability of losing the Senate. What could possibly go wrong.

This many be wishful thinking... but...

There are many parts of this country that take gun rights very seriously. Extremely seriously. And they hold their politicians accountable with their votes.

I believe there are enough moderate Democrats from states with strong gun rights populations that it will be very, very challenging to push anti-gun legislation through the Senate even if the Senate is split 50/50.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

There are many parts of this country that take gun rights very seriously. Extremely seriously. And they hold their politicians accountable with their votes.

I believe there are enough moderate Democrats from states with strong gun rights populations that it will be very, very challenging to push anti-gun legislation through the Senate even if the Senate is split 50/50.

Like the mafia, they'll just make a moderate Dem an offer they can't refuse.

[angry]

I'm trying to do just that, plus a not-pedestrian pre-ban Colt AR and off-roster H&K only for that reason.

As bad as things may seem, after Harris & Biden take office we'll be looking back and calling these the "Good Old days."
Very likely!

From your lips to G_d's ear! We can hope.

I'm trying to do just that, plus a not-pedestrian pre-ban Colt AR and off-roster H&K only for that reason.

Very likely!

From your lips to G_d's ear! We can hope.
Likewise, I had been kicking around the idea of selling a Polish Tantal I have, a few months ago, checked GB, they were selling for about $750. Checked today, and they are getting bids for almost TWICE that!

No, they don't have the votes. Even with a 50-50 senate. Not even close.

Plus, you know, the filibuster..

Wait till Biden wins.

Ammo prices will triple.
I doubt it, every market has its breaking point. Prices might hit $1/round for 5.56, but you smoking crack if you think people are going to buy much at that price point.

Back
Top Bottom