Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
call the CHSB, ask them about the status of your permit. Once you get that info, then call the PD and ask if your application has been processed, if they give you any bullcrap (read: any explanation except what the CHSB has said) then tell them what the CHSB said.

chsb wouldnt give out any info when i called

Your choice. After 40 days, the app is deemed denied and can be appealed accordingly.

Really? I got my permit at just over 6 weeks (over 40 days) so does that mean my application was unofficially denied, but I got a permit anyways? Nice to know they make this so easy to understand. Is there a certain point in the process that serves as a cutoff between being denied and not denied at 40 days? Some PDs sit on applications and batch process them, and some of them can sit for a while, so does that mean they are automatically denied?

Medfield , MA is a green town. I received my LTC-A without much difficulty and in a timely manner. And the officers and clerks were friendly and didn't give me that "look" (like they're going to have to describe you to a sketch artist later) when I inquired.

Number 6

Barnstable is green. Just got LTC-A:NR - about a 5 week wait. My dad got his as well, about a 4 week wait.

The funeral for the contents of my bank account will be held later this week.

Barnstable is green. Just got LTC-A:NR - about a 5 week wait. My dad got his as well, about a 4 week wait.

The funeral for the contents of my bank account will be held later this week.
Wait for the funeral until after you get a C&R FFL.

Congarats on your new LTC.

Gardner MA

Anyone know about Gardner MA? I'm a first time applicant, I currently work for the DOC as a CPO (caseworker), and I did 6 years in the Mass Army National Guard. No criminal history except speeding tickets a while back. Thanks for the great site.

Newburyport is Green.
I applied for my Class A-LTC-ALP in Newburyport last week for the 1st time.
Everything went very smoothly and quickly.

We went upstairs he asked me all the questions on the application while filling it out for me on the computer, took my fingerprint and picture, printed a copy out had me sign it and said he will call me in about 3 to 4 weeks and I can come pick it up. I then asked again if it was a Class A LTC-ALP-NO Restrictions. He said yes, I said thank you and was on my way.

I have one question though, When he typed in the reason for me wanting one, he put: ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES (FIRST ISSUE).

Will that 1st issue have anything to do with me getting one for target and hunting even though he said to me that there are no restrictions? Am I just being paranoid? LoL

Newburyport is Green.
I applied for my Class A-LTC-ALP in Newburyport last week for the 1st time.
Everything went very smoothly and quickly.

We went upstairs he asked me all the questions on the application while filling it out for me on the computer, took my fingerprint and picture, printed a copy out had me sign it and said he will call me in about 3 to 4 weeks and I can come pick it up. I then asked again if it was a Class A LTC-ALP-NO Restrictions. He said yes, I said thank you and was on my way.

I have one question though, When he typed in the reason for me wanting one, he put: ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES (FIRST ISSUE).

Will that 1st issue have anything to do with me getting one for target and hunting even though he said to me that there are no restrictions? Am I just being paranoid? LoL

paranoid

so, I wanted to share something on this part of the forum.

I decided too take the info and work backwards using the most recent info and make a new list that gets a bit more detailed than just red or green or black, etc. I want to do columns for first time applicants as well as renewals, notes with what it takes to get ALP if ALP is not readily issued and what requirements any town has over the standard operating procedure.

here is what I have come up with so far, and I am still working so dont judge too hard. If you have any good ideas for it, please PM me isntead of flooding it here.

*This project was partially fueled by boredom so if people think its a stupid idea, then so be it [wink]

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pBDScBfMQ4ru5oDYDwfS4ZA

so, I wanted to share something on this part of the forum.

I decided too take the info and work backwards using the most recent info and make a new list that gets a bit more detailed than just red or green or black, etc. I want to do columns for first time applicants as well as renewals, notes with what it takes to get ALP if ALP is not readily issued and what requirements any town has over the standard operating procedure.

here is what I have come up with so far, and I am still working so dont judge too hard. If you have any good ideas for it, please PM me isntead of flooding it here.

*This project was partially fueled by boredom so if people think its a stupid idea, then so be it [wink]

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pBDScBfMQ4ru5oDYDwfS4ZA

I think it is fine work. I don't think it should supersede the map, but that it should be a more fine grained approach to data on a particular town. I have been thinking about trying to recreate the map in google maps by taking the data in a spreadsheet like that and overlaying it. This way it can be made interactive. When you finish that spreadsheet, then let me know and I will play around with the GAPI for maps and see what I can do combining a map and that data. Unfortunately any other online mapping tool is expensive but I think google maps could be enough.

I think it is fine work. I don't think it should supersede the map, but that it should be a more fine grained approach to data on a particular town. I have been thinking about trying to recreate the map in google maps by taking the data in a spreadsheet like that and overlaying it. This way it can be made interactive. When you finish that spreadsheet, then let me know and I will play around with the GAPI for maps and see what I can do combining a map and that data. Unfortunately any other online mapping tool is expensive but I think google maps could be enough.

my intention was never to supercede the map, but rather to expand on it a bit so, if there is a debate to the color of a town, etc, it can be looked up and conditions can be applied. For example, I got ALP as a first applicant in Attleboro, but there are people who have not. Turns out that they take age into consideration and make 25 the youngest for ALP. So, in that respect, they are green, but with a condition. I consider a red town one that leans towards restrictions, not one that readily give out both (if that makes sense)

I thought this list could help explain situations like that.

Winchendon issues LTC A, T&H restricted, for first applications, and whatever you already have for renewal. They require at least 2 (could be 3, I forget) written letters of reference for first applications. Not sure if the reference letter requirement is applied for renewal.

I think ALP is issued if needed for work, not sure of needed proof or requirements. I do know that occasionally someone will get an LTC ALP beyond that, but the "rules" are unstated and I suspect quite arbitrary (ex. ex-military, being from a long-time own family, etc.).

Winchendon issues LTC A, T&H restricted, for first applications, and whatever you already have for renewal. They require at least 2 (could be 3, I forget) written letters of reference for first applications. Not sure if the reference letter requirement is applied for renewal.

I think ALP is issued if needed for work, not sure of needed proof or requirements. I do know that occasionally someone will get an LTC ALP beyond that, but the "rules" are unstated and I suspect quite arbitrary (ex. ex-military, being from a long-time own family, etc.).

so you can move to Winchendon with an ALP and get ALP on renewal, but they wont upgrade their own residents? that is effed!

That must be the democrat list. It's for those who want the information, but are to lazy to do any research for themselves. [laugh]

I heard somewhere that Winchendon was a B-rammer town, but I guess it's not quite that bad.

-Mike

Middleton-Green
The Chief was a great guy and originally was going to issue me a Class B but then I gave him my background and my business plan and he issued me with an A. He stated that he normally issue a Class B for first time applicants because he would like the new shooter to get some trigger time out at the range and take some basic C&C pistol classes before he'll issue them a class A carry permit. Sounds logical to me... CYA is not a bad thing ya know...

Middleton-Green
The Chief was a great guy and originally was going to issue me a Class B but then I gave him my background and my business plan and he issued me with an A. He stated that he normally issue a Class B for first time applicants because he would like the new shooter to get some trigger time out at the range and take some basic C&C pistol classes before he'll issue them a class A carry permit. Sounds logical to me... CYA is not a bad thing ya know...

Sounds pretty red to me.

Middleton-Green

That is NOT green. And no, that is NOT logical to me. As for CYA, there is NO liability exposure to the police chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom