Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
My coworker dates a quincy cop and tonight we talked gun rights. He said that it looks like the town is going green. Under the previous chief (crowley?) Women who wanted a restricted FID for pepper spray for defense were being rejected.

Hard to say which is greater; the arrogance of a petty bully who denies a "shall issue" license because he feels like it, or the stupidity/servility of those who passively accept such arbitrary denials.

A pox on both their houses.....

Just called Hudson PD & my Class A is in!!!

Im stuck at work right now so I haven't been able to confirm if there are any restrictions on it. I really wanna get up right now & go pick it up. I think I may take an early lunch to do just that.

My first purchase will be a Ruger P345!

YEAH!!!

Just picked it up & it is restricted to Hunting/Target. I'm to excited to care about the restrictions.

Another heads up on Charlton. Applied last Sept. while on leave and received my LTC Class A Restrictions: None (Same as 'All Lawful Purposes' I guess). It took about 6 weeks and I picked it up next time I was home. No issues and they were cool about it the entire time.[grin]

Charlton: GREEN

I think Natick is probably not green anymore. I met two applicants at our gun club last night, both of whom have recently issued LTC Class A licenses with restrictions. One restriction was to "Sport and Target". The other restriction was "Sporting".

One was told by the licensing officer that "That is all we issue," which is a lie (I have seen unrestricted LTCs from Natick).

I just went in today to turn in my application in Natick. The guy was nice and really easy to work with...I wasn't planning on getting an unrestricted license seeing as it's my first license and I don't have much experience with firearms but I noticed that when he was entering in info into MIRCS he put "All Lawful Purposes" in the box for reasons for permit...I have a feeling it'll probably come back as Sport & Target or something like it. I'll post in 6 weeks when I know for sure.

CJN-77: Please let us know how it works out. It would be great news if they are regularly giving out ALP. It seems like Natick licensing changes with the moon phase.

Wrong attitude

...I wasn't planning on getting an unrestricted license seeing as it's my first license and I don't have much experience with firearms
So your inexperience with firearms should limit how you use them for the next 5 years??? That is absolutely the wrong attitude to have WRT licensing. I don't care if you've never seen a gun in your life. Everbody should be going in with an ALP attitude. Anything less is caving into the MA "guns are evil and you're not capable of using them" mentality.

Should I be worried that it has been six weeks and Plymouth PD still has not responded?

Six weeks is the norm but the Administrative Captain who did the permits has moved on to another job. This leaves the permits and all of his other tasks to the Operations Captain and or the Chief. If you're worried, give Marsha a call or an email but she's straight out too.

Just received my LTC Class A "Target and Hunting" from Milton. This is a new lisc. and I asked for ALP. It took exactly 6 weeks to the day. 3 written letters of recommendation, $100, LTC course certification, interview with LO and fingerprint. I was arrested in 1972 as a minor in NJ for underage drinking, not sure if I was convicted, and declared so on my application.

Milton got a new police chief about 1.5 year ago, the son of the previous chief.

The LO was a friendly, interview was sitting in front of computer while he punched data directly into state police database for processing and lasted about 30 mins. He told me that Milton does not issue no restrictions for new lisc. and that I would get one at renewal time. I told him that I hoped by the end of the interview I could convince him otherwise. So at end of the interview I asked him was I OK for no restrictions and he said if everything checked out OK, then that shouldn't be a problem.

5 weeks into the process I called to see how things were going and LO said I'd been approved for LTC but he didn't know about the restrictions. I reminded him that we discussed no restrictions and he said that if it does come back with restrictions he'd make change and issue a new card.

When I did get my card with "Target and Hunting" on week 6, I called him to discuss, that was 1 week ago and I haven't heard from him.

Last edited:
Six weeks is the norm but the Administrative Captain who did the permits has moved on to another job. This leaves the permits and all of his other tasks to the Operations Captain and or the Chief. If you're worried, give Marsha a call or an email but she's straight out too.

ya and the chief himself just left.

Franklin

Just got my unrestricted Class A in Franklin. Can't say enough good things about the Asst. Chief. Nice guy, made the whole Byzentine process as painless as possible. Answered my stupid questions & was just generally a good guy. Comment made during the application "we don't put restrictions on people who follow the rules." Time involved in the process from start to finish: 4 weeks.

Too bad they're not all like that.

Last edited:
I live in brockton and i got my LTCA with the target and hunting restriction. It's my first issuance. I was in trouble before, but no convictions. I guess i'm lucky they gave me the LTCA. I was really hoping to get ALP.

I live in brockton and i got my LTCA with the target and hunting restriction. It's my first issuance. I was in trouble before, but no convictions. I guess i'm lucky they gave me the LTCA. I was really hoping to get ALP.

shit in one hand and wish in the other, and see which one fills up first. Its well documented here that Brockton is a red town and ALP is nothing more than a wish....

Westwood is RED

Issued Class-A for Sporting. Does NOT offer "No Restrictions" for first-timers, unless there is a need that fits their criteria. Licensing officer says that they upgrade to "No Restrictions" upon renewal if you're clean until then. Need 2 references, but no letters. They don't generally do Class-Bs.

If one looks past the downgrade to Sporting for first-timers, the process was quite good compared to what some have to go thru in other towns. The Licensing Officer is VERY pleasant and helpful.

I don't think I want to put too much more of it in public, but Westwood residents can feel free to PM me to ask any questions, and I'll try to be as helpful as I can.

Westwood is RED

... Licensing officer says that they upgrade to "No Restrictions" upon renewal if you're clean until then. ...

It just dawned on me to think of it this way: what if you are "clean" at time of application? I know it is the same idea we've all been thinking all along, but this whole probationary thing after you've already shown yourself to be decent is just arrogance and power grabbing, pure and simple.

It just dawned on me to think of it this way: what if you are "clean" at time of application? I know it is the same idea we've all been thinking all along, but this whole probationary thing after you've already shown yourself to be decent is just arrogance and power grabbing, pure and simple.

Hey! I know that you might think that is a little outrageous but sit down for a minute. What if you were to make a terrorist attack on Beacon Hill or eat a small child with an AR15 that had a bayonet lug? The state needs those 5 years to determine whether or not you can handle the POWER of a gun in your hands.

Just write another check for $100 in 5 years. I'm sure more $$ will convince them...

[/satire]

Hey! I know that you might think that is a little outrageous but sit down for a minute. What if you were to make a terrorist attack on Beacon Hill or eat a small child with an AR15 that had a bayonet lug? The state needs those 5 years to determine whether or not you can handle the POWER of a gun in your hands.

Just write another check for $100 in 5 years. I'm sure more $$ will convince them...

[/satire]

Wouldn't that be Bacon Hill?

[shocked]

lol... I remember driving through Sharon one day and actually seeing a street sign that said, "NO SHOOTING IN SHARON"

That may help your answer there... not sure exactly where that sign was though..

The signs say NO SHOOTING IN SHARON then in small type Without Police Permit.

There is one just one the approaching road to both gun clubs. They are facing traffic that is coming from outside the town.

The signs say NO SHOOTING IN SHARON then in small type Without Police Permit.

There is one just one the approaching road to both gun clubs. They are facing traffic that is coming from outside the town.

yes,, isnt that in regards to hunting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom