Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingston = Green

As I posted a while ago, Kingston should be green. I renewed a while back for an LTC-A (no restrictions) and a friend of mine just got his LTC-A.

Though it is already listed as green, I'll re-affirm Framingham. Have renewed here continuously since around 1990. Always professional and never questioned or made uncomfortable about it. LTC-A/ALP.

Boylston - Green

Moved to Boylston in June 2007 and renewed my Class A LTC/ALP in October. No problems at all, very professional, nice people. Old LTC/ALP issued in Worcester, before they changed police chiefs.

Last edited:
I just my ltc class A in revere back in january i put down alp but they still put restrictions on it.I know alot of people that have restrictions on their ltc with no reson for it including my self so Revere should be in red not green.What is the best way to try get those restrictions of?If anybody can help i really would be thankful for help.Thanks

I just my ltc class A in revere back in january i put down alp but they still put restrictions on it.I know alot of people that have restrictions on their ltc with no reson for it including my self so Revere should be in red not green.What is the best way to try get those restrictions of?If anybody can help i really would be thankful for help.Thanks

Join the club.

Some towns and cities will only issue ALP under very specific circumstances. If you didn't show a specific, compelling reason or existence of a personal threat then you get a restricted license.

Best bet is having a powerful person intercede for you. Consider talking to an attorney. Otherwise, be patient, go back in a year or two and ask again. Have you joined GOAL yet?

To put things in perspective for some of the newer members, Though Hardwick Mass. is green, it's population of two or three thousand would fit in an apartment building in Revere which is red.

Where you have massive population centers such as Boston, Cambridge, Worcester, Brockton, Lowell and Lawrence, these are the places were our rights are denied. The situation is not acceptable for most of the Massachusetts population who by their address alone have an articulable need to carry.

Last edited:
Just picked up mine yesterday-Attleboro is still green-LTC-A ALP.

welcome to the Attleboro club!

There was one poster waaayyy back that said he got a restricted license, but I suspect we did not get a full story on why. Scrivener also contends that Attleboro may or may not be as green as we think, but I think this is another good data point. I know 6 people with LTCA ALP in Attleboro all who have gotten them in the past two years.

I am reliably informed that Attleboro is now telling applicants that a "new firearms bureau" (which exists only in the fevered/mendacious imagination of the PD employee in question) is responsible for delays in the processing of applications.

Note that the only "new board" is the FLRB, created in 2005, which has NOTHING to do with the regular issuance of licenses.

I am reliably informed that Attleboro is now telling applicants that a "new firearms bureau" (which exists only in the fevered/mendacious imagination of the PD employee in question) is responsible for delays in the processing of applications.

Note that the only "new board" is the FLRB, created in 2005, which has NOTHING to do with the regular issuance of licenses.

how long are delays according to Attleboro? I got my permit a shade over 6 weeks....

I suspect that it would be much more accurate to ascribe this to simple ignorance. After all, how many gun owners still talk about the "new" Massachusetts gun laws? Why would anyone presume that police would be significantly more informed than they? (OTOH, it's been almost a year since I last assisted a gun owner who was surprised to learn that his lifetime FID was no longer valid and that he needed to get a new one.)

Ken

I suspect that it would be much more accurate to ascribe this to simple ignorance. After all, how many gun owners still talk about the "new" Massachusetts gun laws? Why would anyone presume that police would be significantly more informed than they?

Because it's their JOB to know when they are handling licensing!

As there is no "new board" handling records checks and has not been in decades, ascribing the false statement to "simple ignorance" strains credulity.

Especially so when chiefs sitting on apps and blaming "the state" for the resulting delay is a common tactic.

Because it's their JOB to know when they are handling licensing!

As there is no "new board" handling records checks and has not been in decades, ascribing the false statement to "simple ignorance" strains credulity.

Especially so when chiefs sitting on apps and blaming "the state" for the resulting delay is a common tactic.

Of course it's their job. That and a bit over $4 will get you a gallon of regular these days. I seem to recall more than once reading posts from an attorney excoriating others for being so foolish as to expect police to be a reliable source of information on Massachusetts gun laws.

Ken

Of course it's their job. That and a bit over $4 will get you a gallon of regular these days. I seem to recall more than once reading posts from an attorney excoriating others for being so foolish as to expect police to be a reliable source of information on Massachusetts gun laws.

Ken

Yet apparently neither remembered nor applied that fact.

Neither did you note that I again "excoriated" this department for its asinine assertion.

Herr Gemme's Fiefdom

Worcester should be very dark red.

I got a restricted Class A. "Chief Gemme doesn't issue ALP" the desk jockey in Licensing told me. I had to provide two letters of reference (both LEOs, one from Boston, the other from Newton) and I had to write a mfing essay to explain why I felt I needed a class A.

Meh. Hopefully the real estate market will improve before I have to renew. Holden here I come.

Worcester should be very dark red.

I got a restricted Class A. "Chief Gemme doesn't issue ALP" the desk jockey in Licensing told me. I had to provide two letters of reference (both LEOs, one from Boston, the other from Newton) and I had to write a mfing essay to explain why I felt I needed a class A.

Meh. Hopefully the real estate market will improve before I have to renew. Holden here I come.

All set..... Philip José Farmer[wink]

My LTC-A ALP took about 8 weeks to get from Attleboro. I did call at 6 1/2 weeks just to check, and I was advised that there was a delay on the State's end sending them back to Attleboro PD. I did not want to push the issue, as the woman I spoke w/ was very pleasant with me, and my interpretation of the conversation was just the Commonwealth taking their time because they are overworked/underpaid. A week later they called me to let me know it was in. I didn't have any problems at all, I felt it went rather smoothly. Just my experience. [smile]

Just an update for Haverhill, MA

29 day turn around for my sister to get her LTC-A Restrictions : none

Just received my LTC-A (no restrictions) in Holbrook, MA.

First time applicant; turnaround time was lengthy at 3 months, but I guess I cannot complain!

My LTC-A ALP took about 8 weeks to get from Attleboro. I did call at 6 1/2 weeks just to check, and I was advised that there was a delay on the State's end sending them back to Attleboro PD.

A common - and commonly disingenuous - assertion. CHSB is not experiencing delays and this is the same department which falsely asserts that delays are due to that "new firearms review board." [rolleyes]

Believe what you want.......

Last edited:
Milford very Green

So I picked up LTC-A ALP today 6 weeks to the day. No interview, just cash and a certificate, my prints and photo were taken right away. The licensing officer was very professional and courteous, nice guy.

So I picked up LTC-A ALP today 6 weeks to the day. No interview, just cash and a certificate, my prints and photo were taken right away. The licensing officer was very professional and courteous, nice guy.

Congrats!

You are blessed to have a Chief who sincerely believes that lawful gun ownership is a good thing. I know the man (although not very well) and have great respect for him.

arrrrggggghhhhh 4 weeks and counting[angry].... the licensing officer did say 4 to 6 weeks and it would come in the mail. I guess that I was hoping that it was 4 weeks instead of 6[sad2]

My coworker dates a quincy cop and tonight we talked gun rights. He said that it looks like the town is going green. Under the previous chief (crowley?) Women who wanted a restricted FID for pepper spray for defense were being rejected. Now, the town has been bombarded with appications and it looks like the new chief is more gun friendly and could be called green very soon. If it all works out, I congratulate quincy on not walking on peoples rights!

My coworker dates a quincy cop and tonight we talked gun rights. He said that it looks like the town is going green. Under the previous chief (crowley?) Women who wanted a restricted FID for pepper spray for defense were being rejected. Now, the town has been bombarded with appications and it looks like the new chief is more gun friendly and could be called green very soon. If it all works out, I congratulate quincy on not walking on peoples rights!

Ironically, I went to see what it is now, (since it sounded black) and it is not even on the list...
Provincetown
Randolph

MOST of the congratulations actually belong to one person . . . DON KUSSER!

Same guy is responsible for the turn-around in Carver a number of years ago.

Don is a GOAL BOD Member, City of Quincy employee (not PD - his Brother is a Lt, however), and VP of Braintree R&P.

Don single-handedly took on the task of getting rid of Crowley (early, he was supposed to retire in 2012) by getting rid of the Mayor. Essentially he did the same thing in Carver by getting rid of a few Selectmen and putting pro-gun people in their place. Don is a true un-sung hero to the pro-gun rights movement in MA. I'm also very proud to call Don a personal friend for many years.

Ironically, I went to see what it is now, (since it sounded black) and it is not even on the list...
Provincetown
Randolph

When I was last at BR&P I was surprised to see a flier up on the bulletin board for firearms training by none other than Lt. Ed O'Leary of Randolph PD. He's the Randolph PD Licensing Officer. I didn't know that he was a BR&P member, but apparently he runs his training classes at the club.

Just called Hudson PD & my Class A is in!!!

Im stuck at work right now so I haven't been able to confirm if there are any restrictions on it. I really wanna get up right now & go pick it up. I think I may take an early lunch to do just that.

My first purchase will be a Ruger P345!

YEAH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom