Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Somerville renewal
Submitted application and met with pd:
12/10/19

Received new LTC
1/28/20

Not a bad turnaround time
That's *almost* within the legally required 40 days, and is substantially less than the 8 weeks that used to be the usual rule. It seems that most towns and cities are getting speedier about issuing licenses. This is a good thing.

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That gives me some hope. New license application submitted 12/19 (Medford), called the state hotline on Tuesday and they said it's still being processed by the LO.
Delays are mostly caused, accidentally or on purpose, by the City/Town. State turn around is pretty consistently quick.

milktree

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I did not lie on the form. My crimes are not direct felonies and are at least 18 years old. But I do believe others have been refused on same/similar accounts.
If “at least 18 years old” means “before May 27, 1994”, then you have a chance.

That’s when a first time DUI offense became 2-1/2 year potential sentence. Before that it wasn’t a disqualifying offense.

Or if the DUI wasn’t in Mass. Only Mass has a 2+ year sentence for a first DUI.

MAJoe

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If “at least 18 years old” means “before May 27, 1994”, then you have a chance.

That’s when a first time DUI offense became 2-1/2 year potential sentence. Before that it wasn’t a disqualifying offense.

Or if the DUI wasn’t in Mass. Only Mass has a 2+ year sentence for a first DUI.
This is really important and something you should check Huckleberry.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just called FRB, they said activticated (!), waiting to print (3 days), then mailed to my local PD.

Still thinking - April (when local PD calls, if they bother)

Don't worry, starting in 10 days the dispatcher is going to get tired of looking for my LTC :)

yanici

NES Member
Rating - 97.2%
35   1   0
I called yesterday and I was told that it was mailed back to my local PD. I should have asked what that exactly means but failed to. Anyone here know?

DavidC77

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I called yesterday and I was told that it was mailed back to my local PD. I should have asked what that exactly means but failed to. Anyone here know?
If I remember correctly your LTC is sent back to your PD and they then they finish your renewal or new application paperwork (enter new info into their system), then either call/text you to come and get your new LTC or they will deliver your new LTC to you at your house (that's what my Local PD does)...

I have heard of delays at the Local PD... I guess they like to have a batch of LTC's in before they will start processing the new LTC's... I guess that way they aren't "wasting there time" doing just one LTC...

I would call your Local PD and tell them that the state has said to you that it was sent back to them... Then ask if they have your LTC in hand yet and if so when you can get it...

Good Luck

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
your app -> PD -> State via computer -> back to PD via computer -> back to state via computer -> State prints card and mails it back to the PD.

So if he really meant "mailed", and didn't just mean they sent it back for final (suitability) approval, then you're gtg.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.1%
52   1   0
There is a flow chart of the process provided to me by the FRB and posted in my sub-forum. It's still basically accurate, although the Director told me that a few minor changes were made over the past few years.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Reading has a new CLEO as of last night. I have no idea about his position WRT issuing ALP licenses but I will ask around. He has been the acting chief for well over a year so I don’t know if anything will change now that he officially has the job.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Reading has a new CLEO as of last night. I have no idea about his position WRT issuing ALP licenses but I will ask around. He has been the acting chief for well over a year so I don’t know if anything will change now that he officially has the job.
Plus, he's been on the job in Reading since 1995. They very much hired from within.

One assumes he's seen how well the Reading system works both now, and under the previous "Restrict until renewal" regime from about ten years back.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just got back from the PD.

I figure around the end of May. Not the first time this town has f***ed up my LTC application. 2007 was 9 months.
Well according to the dispatcher, she's heard that my LTC is in the building but the L.O. hasn't finished processing it yet. I'm going to bring my renewal for 2025 with me if I ever get my 2019 LTC.

Top Bottom