Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called yesterday and I was told that it was mailed back to my local PD. I should have asked what that exactly means but failed to. Anyone here know?
your app -> PD -> State via computer -> back to PD via computer -> back to state via computer -> State prints card and mails it back to the PD.

So if he really meant "mailed", and didn't just mean they sent it back for final (suitability) approval, then you're gtg.

There is a flow chart of the process provided to me by the FRB and posted in my sub-forum. It's still basically accurate, although the Director told me that a few minor changes were made over the past few years.

Reading has a new CLEO as of last night. I have no idea about his position WRT issuing ALP licenses but I will ask around. He has been the acting chief for well over a year so I don’t know if anything will change now that he officially has the job.

Reading has a new CLEO as of last night. I have no idea about his position WRT issuing ALP licenses but I will ask around. He has been the acting chief for well over a year so I don’t know if anything will change now that he officially has the job.

Plus, he's been on the job in Reading since 1995. They very much hired from within.

One assumes he's seen how well the Reading system works both now, and under the previous "Restrict until renewal" regime from about ten years back.

Just got back from the PD.

I figure around the end of May. Not the first time this town has f***ed up my LTC application. 2007 was 9 months.

Well according to the dispatcher, she's heard that my LTC is in the building but the L.O. hasn't finished processing it yet. I'm going to bring my renewal for 2025 with me if I ever get my 2019 LTC.

Well according to the dispatcher, she's heard that my LTC is in the building but the L.O. hasn't finished processing it yet. I'm going to bring my renewal for 2025 with me if I ever get my 2019 LTC.

Well, 206 days after dropping off my application it's finally in my possession. There was a message saying she tried to call me yesterday, but my phone wasn't available. Which is funny because the dispatcher this morning (1250 AM, when I go into work) didn't have it, but it was there this afternoon.

Acton - Wife had interview and paperwork on 11/11. LTC (A, unrestricted) arrived in mailbox 12/12.

(Still Acton) I had renewal appointment on 1/27, check was cashed on 2/25 and new license was in my mailbox on 3/9.

Not quite as fast as my wife’s LTC, but certainly on the quick end of the spectrum.

R

(Still Acton) I had renewal appointment on 1/27, check was cashed on 2/25 and new license was in my mailbox on 3/9.

Not quite as fast as my wife’s LTC, but certainly on the quick end of the spectrum.

R
Good old Acton. Back when, the issuing person would just make up the license, have the chief sign it, laminate it and it would come in the next mail. He would send it to the state and said that if there was a problem they would let us know. One time there was a problem in that my green card said "All lawful purposes". They made a new one for me and told me to keep both in case I "lost" one. Jack.

Manchester is not good I waited forever for my FID before I was old enough for class A. My old man renewed his class A after having it for 10 years and they dug something up on him from when he was 15 that should have been sealed. He had to go to court to have the judge over turn it and the judge tossed it and told him that someone did some serious digging to find a paper record of something from 1970 for a fight in school, they literally went to the town of Beverly where all the records are kept and started digging around for his name. He waited over 10 months to get his renewal after the judge tossing it out. Manchester PD went into my friends fathers house, they claim his dog was barking and went into his house to his bedroom and took 6 shotguns from his closet, he reported them stolen and they said they confiscated them for improper storage, he asked to see the warrant, long story short he got a settlement before it went to court. Not a gun friendly town

Manchester is not good I waited forever for my FID before I was old enough for class A. My old man renewed his class A after having it for 10 years and they dug something up on him from when he was 15 that should have been sealed. He had to go to court to have the judge over turn it and the judge tossed it and told him that someone did some serious digging to find a paper record of something from 1970 for a fight in school, they literally went to the town of Beverly where all the records are kept and started digging around for his name. He waited over 10 months to get his renewal after the judge tossing it out. Manchester PD went into my friends fathers house, they claim his dog was barking and went into his house to his bedroom and took 6 shotguns from his closet, he reported them stolen and they said they confiscated them for improper storage, he asked to see the warrant, long story short he got a settlement before it went to court. Not a gun friendly town
Manchester?? This sounds like MA not NH

STONEHAM, just gave a disabled veteran(with a previous federal license) a bunch of shit. Because of his wartime disabilities, the finger print scanner had issues scanning. He was told that they will send in the prints, which will be rejected, and he can come back and redo the prints which will also probably be rejected too. Then said the Chief could issue a LTC without prints, but that would be highly unlikely.
Update. (Wheelchair bound disabled vet/retired postal worker) Has conformation from Chelsea that license mailed to Stoneham on 3/6. Lady handing out LTC &Pins on vacation till 3/23. Veteran calls on 3/23 told they don't have the license in building, asks for letter from SPD confirming they don't have LTC so he can go to the Postmaster and file a lost letter claim. All of a sudden it is found and was told they would mail it right out to him because he is in a wheelchair and are currently not issuing any others in person because of COVID-19. Let's see how long the mail takes form one side of town to the other.

Update. (Wheelchair bound disabled vet/retired postal worker) Has conformation from Chelsea that license mailed to Stoneham on 3/6. Lady handing out LTC &Pins on vacation till 3/23. Veteran calls on 3/23 told they don't have the license in building, asks for letter from SPD confirming they don't have LTC so he can go to the Postmaster and file a lost letter claim. All of a sudden it is found and was told they would mail it right out to him because he is in a wheelchair and are currently not issuing any others in person because of COVID-19. Let's see how long the mail takes form one side of town to the other.
Stoneham now claims the the support staff has been sent home per Charlie Bakers COVID-19 orders, and they have no secretaries to process out going mail.

I renewed my class a in Scituate last summer. I had no problem, I did have to write a letter stating why I want the class a. I got the template from the GOAL website.

What’s the other(s)?
The official name is "Manchester by the sea", it is not "Manchester" followed by a location. Sort of like it's "New England", not "England" but the newer one.

The official name is "Manchester by the sea", it is not "Manchester" followed by a location. Sort of like it's "New England", not "England" but the newer one.

There’s still only one “Manchester”. There’s is zero confusion if you say “Manchester, Mass.”

Interestingly, until 1989 its name WAS just “Manchester”, so if you’re over a certain age the “By-The-Sea” part is a new fangled thing added by busybodies.

Furthermore, don’t be pedantic unless you refer to all towns and cities by their official names.

e.g.: do you call that municipality just south of The Town of Belmont, “Watertown”, or by its official name: “The City of the Town of Watertown, Massachusetts”? I hope you do, because if you just call it “Watertown”, someone might think you’re talking about Watertown, New York!

There’s still only one “Manchester”. There’s is zero confusion if you say “Manchester, Mass.”

Interestingly, until 1989 its name WAS just “Manchester”, so if you’re over a certain age the “By-The-Sea” part is a new fangled thing added by busybodies.

Furthermore, don’t be pedantic unless you refer to all towns and cities by their official names.

e.g.: do you call that municipality just south of The Town of Belmont, “Watertown”, or by its official name: “The City of the Town of Watertown, Massachusetts”? I hope you do, because if you just call it “Watertown”, someone might think you’re talking about Watertown, New York!
As I recall they changed the name to remove any confusion.

I can't find anything that says Watertown's name is anything other than Watertown. The town seal, the signs, all say Watertown. Even their official letterhead only add the descriptor "Town of" in front of the official name "Watertown".

And it's a town, not a city, with a town manager.

By comparison, the City of Watertown in NY says just that on it's seal "The City of Watertown". So there can be no confusion, one is "Watertown" and the other is "The City of Watertown"

[troll]

As I recall they changed the name to remove any confusion.

Right, between Manchester, NH. (not some other Massachusetts town or city)

I can't find anything that says Watertown's name is anything other than Watertown. The town seal, the signs, all say Watertown. Even their official letterhead only add the descriptor "Town of" in front of the official name "Watertown".

And it's a town, not a city, with a town manager.

And yet:

Note at the top of page 9:

"In accordance with § 95.01, The City of the Town of Watertown Massachusetts, Code of Ordinances,"

And on this:

on page 5:

"...the Town Council of the City of the Town of Watertown..."

and on page 7:

"The Town Council of the City known as the Town of Watertown..."

So, clearly Watertown government thinks it's the city of the town of Watertown.

There's quite a few "cities" that are called "town of xxxx" in Massachusetts, which are all "the city of the town of ..."

But really, my point is that if someone says, "Manchester" in the context of "Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town", if you're an idiot or being deliberately obtuse if you think they mean "Manchester, NH."

Right, between Manchester, NH. (not some other Massachusetts town or city)

And yet:

Note at the top of page 9:

"In accordance with § 95.01, The City of the Town of Watertown Massachusetts, Code of Ordinances,"

And on this:

on page 5:

"...the Town Council of the City of the Town of Watertown..."

and on page 7:

"The Town Council of the City known as the Town of Watertown..."

So, clearly Watertown government thinks it's the city of the town of Watertown.

There's quite a few "cities" that are called "town of xxxx" in Massachusetts, which are all "the city of the town of ..."

But really, my point is that if someone says, "Manchester" in the context of "Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town", if you're an idiot or being deliberately obtuse if you think they mean "Manchester, NH."
This is just too easy. [troll] [troll]
Milktree, you win.

Mailed my application, paperwork, USPS MO to licensing officer for WEYMOUTH. New Chief took over 01 April. Word on the street is that Chief Fuller
hands out full LTC, no restrictions. Lets hope so. Sucks living in a red town. I will post updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom