Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
My uncle was recently given a Class A: Hunting/Target license in Braintree. Waiting for my license from Bridgewater now, will update when I have it.

I'd like to let you know that Framingham should be switched over to Yellow or Red.
Not too long ago I had a meeting with the licensing officer and he told me in conversation that they are giving out some "Target/Sport" restriction on first issue. A guy I personally know got a restricted license in Framingham within the last few months and was told that it would be lifter on renewal.
Framingham got a new Chief who appointed and new licensing officer - Lt. Perera (sp?). The previous licensing officer, Lt. Brandolini, was much more pro 2A.

Last edited:
Just wanted to post here about Townsend, MA. That was one of the easiest things I have ever done - I walked into the Police station with all my paperwork, references and check in hand. The officer at the front desk was extremely nice, we chatted for a second and gave me a visitor's badge. I walked up the stairs and met a woman who does the permits. She was extremely polite. She never once asked "why" I wanted a permit - she never even asked what I wanted ( I had LTC A checked off ). I completed the process in about 20 minutes and I was on my way. Good stuff.

I just wanted to let you guys know I initially reported back as North Andover being a confirmed red, I did recieve my Class A, but with hunting/target restrictions. However, I have heard of/know a couple of people who as of recently got an unrestricted LTC A. I don't know if anyone can help confirm/deny or look into the town anymore but if there are some changes internally going on I might consider reapplying early to get the restrictions removed.

Hey All,

Just recieved my LTC Class A No Restrictions , From Rowley Mass. LO on Friday. Rowley has been listed as Black, but recent information, and my Class A would confirm a Green Status, just a heads up for everyone thinking of applying. Mine was a 66 day ordeal from application.

Good Luck

Kabonka99

Hey All,

Just recieved my LTC Class A No Restrictions , From Rowley Mass. LO on Friday. Rowley has been listed as Black, but recent information, and my Class A would confirm a Green Status, just a heads up for everyone thinking of applying. Mine was a 66 day ordeal from application.

Good Luck

Kabonka99

Are you a first time applicant?

I just wanted to let you guys know I initially reported back as North Andover being a confirmed red, I did recieve my Class A, but with hunting/target restrictions. However, I have heard of/know a couple of people who as of recently got an unrestricted LTC A. I don't know if anyone can help confirm/deny or look into the town anymore but if there are some changes internally going on I might consider reapplying early to get the restrictions removed.

Co-worker of mine just got his with no restrictions in N.Andover about 6 weeks ago.

That would be a Yes to a First Timer. Lo at Rowley Police was really helpful, and always was pleasant when answering phone calls. Other than the 66 days to get LTC, smooth and easy.

Hey All,

Good Luck

Kabonka99
Comm2A has also received reports in the last year of Rowley issuing LTC/A - Restrictions: None. The LTC/B BS seems to have been abandoned a couple of years ago.

BUT they still make people get approval from all the town departments. That is still a big issue with Rowley.

Hey Knucle Dragger, all that is on the Town Dept's is, Taxes, Water bills are up to date and paid. That was one of the easiest pieces of information to get myself.

I had heard going in for LTC, from someone at Patriot Arms in Ipswich, that first timers in Rowley were getting B-Rammed. Glad it is all behind me.

An update- I dropped off my paperwork to the Hudson PD on Oct 9. I am still waiting to hear back from them to come in for fingerprinting etc. I just called to check, they said that they "get a group of applications together" and mail them out. So, to sum up, still waiting in limbo with no idea as to the timeframe.

Interviewed and finger printed - August 8th, 2012 - As of November 1st, 2012 I have not received my LTC or a response back from the COP of Plymouth.

Fall River is listed as a red town, but just wanted to report that a good friend of mine (first time applicant without the cleanest distant past) just received his LTC-A with no restrictions. He IS self-employed and a home owner, so not sure how much that came into play in his favor. Just FYI...

Dighton deff green ltc A no restriction took 5 1/2 months no hoops tho already picked up my gen 4 19/23/21 ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom