Groton is next in line

dans

NES Member
I just saw this in another context. It seems Groton is going to be next trying to limit firearm related businesses. This was in response to a question about what issues will be coming before the planning board.

“new zoning language on Firearms Retail Establishments which will get voted on in the Fall.”

A fishing buddy of mine lives in Groton. His house was entered in the middle of the night last week by a burglar while they were sleeping. The suspect ran off when he heard my friend wake up. Cops arrived and didn't even try to find the guy with a K9 and he had only been gone 2 minutes. Lucky my buddy didn't shoot him, Groton would have definitely put him through the ringer.

I live in the next town over, so good to know about the burglary :oops:

I have heard from several people that are in the know that town politics in Groton are a total $%^#show, fully of petty "big fish in a little pond" types.

A fishing buddy of mine lives in Groton. His house was entered in the middle of the night last week by a burglar while they were sleeping. The suspect ran off when he heard my friend wake up. Cops arrived and didn't even try to find the guy with a K9 and he had only been gone 2 minutes. Lucky my buddy didn't shoot him, Groton would have definitely put him through the ringer.

Last edited:
I lived in Groton for 15 years. To the best of my knowledge it did not and still does not contain any gun store. No, I'm not saying they should outlaw them but its kinda like saying Glock switches are more illegal. Giving the MA zoning requirements for operating a business there's not a lot of real estate available. Forget the center of town as the historic folks have that well tied up. Seems like more "see, we did something" and "feel good bylaws". Also, I had no issues with Groton PD when renewing my LTC. It was all straight forward and by the book.

“new zoning language on Firearms Retail Establishments which will get voted on in the Fall.”
I lived in Groton for 15 years. To the best of my knowledge it did not and still does not contain any gun store.
Could this be related (preemptively) to the ATF's new rule re: individuals who will now need a non-residential location to obtain an 01 or 07 FFL? 🤔

I just saw this in another context. It seems Groton is going to be next trying to limit firearm related businesses. This was in response to a question about what issues will be coming before the planning board.

Ya know, people sued to have a nudie-bar location in towns. . . and won.

They sued to have weed stores in towns. . . .and won.

What makes people in these towns think that this will work? I mean, in the short term? Maybe. They have a sympathetic (emphasis on pathetic) court system in this state. But eventually they're gonna lose. Best you can do is zone it into certain districts.

OTOH, I'm on the Lakeville townie FB page. The majority opinion is that housing is too costly but we don't want the poors coming in at the old hospital NOR do we want higher taxes NOR higher housing prices so our children and friends can live there. Basically, just leave everything as is and let these people have vote of who gets in or not. I've said it before - most people WANT a fascist government. Just one they happen to agree with.

What’s good for one right is good for the others. Right???

Apply the same rules to the first amendment and see how it goes.

A federal license for anyone manufacturing or selling newspapers. Include computers as there is a lot of “free speech” on the Internet.

Same zoning laws too. Limit the number permits for them too.

What’s good for one right is good for the others. Right???

Apply the same rules to the first amendment and see how it goes.

A federal license for anyone manufacturing or selling newspapers. Include computers as there is a lot of “free speech” on the Internet.

Same zoning laws too. Limit the number permits for them too.

Some are AOK with that here. "Hey, then change the law." [rofl]

Be OK with the law until you are somehow less ok and change the law. . . somehow.

Groton CT or MA?

That town died with Gusty!!
You do realize that there is or was a manufacturer of Olympic competition pistols .
I think his shop was over on 225
Rep. Harrington (puppet) had it put on the double secret list so they could be sold and shipped from MA.
This was a while ago and memory might be fuzzy .
Is Harrington still the rep for Groton pepperell and a part of ayer?
The newcomers think Groton is special 1 it was a farm 2 your ruining the place!!

How's things down at the Fairgrounds?

Back
Top Bottom