• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Green member STOLE MY MONEY! Beware of 4406packman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jpm , I'd be willing to kick in a couple of bucks towards your loss, if it does not resolve in your favor... For the Good of the Order.

That is very generous of you sir! I sincerely appreciate it. I am not going to miss any meals or anything because of it though. The loss is a little painful but its the principle of it that really gets me mad.

So, what’s the difference, financially, for the recipient on PayPal if you don’t use “friends and family”? Does PP get a percentage or flat rate? Sorry, I’m ignorant about this, but I doubt I’ll ever use the friends and family option again.
You didn't really ask, but just wanted to add that friends and family is essentially a wire transfer with no recourse. I learned the hard way on another forum.

That is very generous of you sir! I sincerely appreciate it. I am not going to miss any meals or anything because of it though. The loss is a little painful but its the principle of it that really gets me mad.
Yeah, having watched your posts over the years, you seem to have your shit very together. I hate to see this stuff happen to any member.
Hoping it resolves and seller is not pushing daisies. Offer stands tho...

~Enbloc

You didn't really ask, but just wanted to add that friends and family is essentially a wire transfer with no recourse. I learned the hard way on another forum.

Yup and if he wasn't green, I would have used a CC and eaten the fees as 'insurance'. But a long term member with feedback from people I know seemed like a safe deal.

The LOOOONG con? Agreed, probably not in this case.

I've seen guys on GAFS pile up 30 to 40 positive feedbacks and then pull a big scam, its crazy what scammers will do.

There isn't really a guarantee (unless he shows up later in this thread) that the seller is the account owner. If he used a same email/password combo that's been compromised, it could easily be a scammer logging into his account.

There isn't really a guarantee (unless he shows up later in this thread) that the seller is the account owner. If he used a same email/password combo that's been compromised, it could easily be a scammer logging into his account.

that exact thought had crossed my mind too

The thing is, I know some of the people who left feedback and they said he was a good guy when they dealt with him.

Yup and if he wasn't green, I would have used a CC and eaten the fees as 'insurance'. But a long term member with feedback from people I know seemed like a safe deal.
Very strange indeed. 🤔

Reminds me of that elderly dealer in Stoughton (?) who died a while back and suddenly went from 100% positive feedback on GB to all negatives.

Kicking the bucket can do that to ya. [slap]

Few things:
I would PM everyone in his feedback. See if they can do a quick search of their messages. You may get lucky to get a real name/address.

The logging in may be nothing. Especially with the way browsers can be setup with multiple windows opening up on startup, this could be a widow checking her emails with NES in the background.

As a fellow 41 mag enthusiast, @jpm shoot me a PM with your address, I'll send over a care package.

Few things:
I would PM everyone in his feedback. See if they can do a quick search of their messages. You may get lucky to get a real name/address.

The logging in may be nothing. Especially with the way browsers can be setup with multiple windows opening up on startup, this could be a widow checking her emails with NES in the background.

As a fellow 41 mag enthusiast, @jpm shoot me a PM with your address, I'll send over a care package.

Thanks Nick! I did just that and got some info and another NES'er who saw this thread sent me more info so I've got it all now. I'm waiting to see if he owns up, fingers crossed.

PM incoming!

Maybe he has a severe case of COVID and is lying in some hospital intubated and only has enough energy to click around a couple of times on NES, but not enough energy to type a cogent response to your PMs. How's that for a WAG?
should've asked for ivermectin !

Screenshot_20210803-182909_Chrome.jpg
Also, a quick Google of the screen name shows a bunch of forums he was on. Giving a little more detail to a location. A quick search here shows a Christopher B that is around the same age and used to live in Florence. No obits under the same name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom