Green member STOLE MY MONEY! Beware of 4406packman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the problem with this hypothesis is theres too IP much correlation to previously used locations unless the guy impersonating him is like following him around or something. [rofl]

So unless theres a pair of mischevious kids doing a weekend at bernies job (like @enbloc indicates) thats not very likely lol
Gotcha- what about a shitbird family member? That's what I was thinking.

So the family member lock the guy up in his basement or something and now is perpetuating fraud with his home computer and cell phone? Hmm. I would think that if the dude's account got hijacked or something he would be trying to reach out to us to get it locked down or whatever.

Very strange indeed. 🤔

Reminds me of that elderly dealer in Stoughton (?) who died a while back and suddenly went from 100% positive feedback on GB to all negatives.

Kicking the bucket can do that to ya. [slap]
Yeah, that was Al from tackle Unlimited. Disabled vet. Cancer got him.

edit: I just remembered he had a working 1919 BMG just behind his desk. I forget what he told me what the cost was for him to buy it.

Last edited:
So the family member lock the guy up in his basement or something and now is perpetuating fraud with his home computer and cell phone? Hmm. I would think that if the dude's account got hijacked or something he would be trying to reach out to us to get it locked down or whatever.
Hospital, hospice, deceased? Shitbirds go into feeding frenzy mode. It's possible.

File with small claims court if you really believe he’s ripping you off.

I did that with a guy here back in 2015. He was running group buys here on AR parts and had a real good track record, I even did some face-to-face transactions with him and helped distribute parts to guys down in MA. Then things went south for him. He lost his job and used the group buy cash for other than the merchandise we paid for. He had over $700 of my money as well as that of a bunch of other guys. He couldn’t produce the merchandise or refund the money. This went on for over a year, 14 months if I recall correctly, I’m a patient guy and know people go through bad times, been there myself, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he’d make good. Then I heard him and his wife were in the Carribbean on vacation. So, I immediately filed a small claims action against him. He lived in New Hampshire and small claims is up to $10,000. I filed electronically and it cost me $90.

A couple of weeks later I got a bank check for the $700 or so and also my $90 small claims filing fee.

I have no idea how the rest of the group did on getting their money back.

Last edited:
File with small claims court if you really believe he’s ripping you off.

I did that with a guy here back in 2015. He was running group buys here on AR parts and had a real good track record, I even did some face-to-face transactions with him. Then things went south for him. He lost his job and used the group buy cash for other than the merchandise we paid for. He had over $700 of my money as well as that of a bunch of other guys. He couldn’t produce the merchandise or refund the money. This went on for over a year, 14 months if I recall correctly, I’m a patient guy and know people go through bad times, been there myself, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he’d make good. Then I heard him and his wife were in the Carribbean on vacation. So, I immediately filed a small claims action against him. He lived in New Hampshire and small claims is up to $10,000. I filed electronically and it cost me $90.

A couple of weeks later I got a bank check for the $700 or so and also my $90 small claims filing fee.

I have no idea how the rest of the group did on getting their money back.

I think I remember that fiasco! That was a total cluster****.

I think I remember that fiasco! That was a total cluster****.
Yes, "cluster***", well said. There were a lot of group buys here back then and I think they were pretty much all responsibly-run. It was great. But sometimes shit goes sideways.

Hospital, hospice, deceased? Shitbirds go into feeding frenzy mode. It's possible.
I'm thinking maybe one of the above or some other incapacitating issue after hearing from another NESer who had dealt with him successfully. And then, while working on doing another deal, he ghosted him as well before the deal could be finalized. So did something happen to him and then some nefarious associate(s) got his phone/computer and decided to impersonate him?

i see a lucrative opportunity here for someone to be the designated nes enforcer for deals gone south. maybe give him 25% of any recovered funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom