Got GAS?

TBalls

NES Member
GAS = Gear (or Gun) Acquisition Syndrome

I'm not sure I've ever seen it used on NES, so I'm borrowing it from the guitar world.

I just purchased my first firearm and I've already got a laundry list of guns 'n' gear that I want. Ruger MKIII, S&W 617, 686, AR, M1.......the list goes on.

So what does everyone have GAS for right now?

EDIT: I picked up a Ruger SR9c yesterday @ Four Seasons.

Last edited:
Yes, I have it. It's an addiction worse than crack. Especially bad if you're married [smile]. My wife can't understand why I need a new gun since they "all look the same" ( she's actually a great girl who doesn't mind me shooting).

I have an AR on the way, next I'd like a larger frame S&W..but might want to think about reloading before I make that jump.

Aaah, yes. I have a severe case. Got my LTC 6 weeks ago and already have an M&P 9c, 92FS, Walther P22, and just picked up an M&P15-22 this week. Now I not only want to trick out the 15-22 but I'm researching an AR15 build as a winter project. Next full gun purchase though is a J Frame for the pocket.

Tom

as an AR-aholic, i'm tinkering with a few builds in various stages of completness....

optic(s) for the above

mall ninja tactical gear and holsters

oh and more ammo.

I picked up an SR9c yesterday too (what a great price, 399 with extra mag and cleaning kit) and I saw atleast 1/2 dozen guns that I want... the mint M1 garand and that yugo sks are on the top of my list, too bad I don't have any where to put them :(

Last edited:
I am in on the AR-15 buy for the upper and lower but my next purchases will be the Mossberg Mariner with a Knox Stock and a Taurus Judge. Firearms are fun to collect and shoot. Also learning how to reload which should save me some cash.....to buy more firearms of course!

Yeah, now that I have an M1 (which I freakin' love), I want to get a shotgun and a 1911. Hopefully the second Benelli group buy will actually happen, and then I can start saving for a decent 1911. I would love to build another AR, but I'm thinking about waiting until I move out of MA to do it. So many more options are available to you outside of MA. I'm always thinking about getting more pre-ban AR mags - four just doesn't seem like enough to cope with a zombie invasion.
And as Wolf223 said, I always want more ammo.

Last edited:
Sadly, I enjoy buying guns (or building or tinkering with them) more than I enjoy buying (or reloading) ammo. Strangely, buying guns hasn't improved my shooting skill that much. I intend to fix this issue this winter.

Still want a Chiappa Rhino. Other than that, I'm done.

I am in on the AR-15 buy for the upper and lower but my next purchases will be the Mossberg Mariner with a Knox Stock and a Taurus Judge. Firearms are fun to collect and shoot. Also learning how to reload which should save me some cash.....to buy more firearms of course!

You liked my Mossberg he he he!

Reloading is a viscious animal all on it's own. You hunt and gather all kinds of supplies and just when you think the animal is well fed it kicks that GAS up a notch for a new caliber. Then the reloading animal attacks anew...get brass, get dies, get this get that blah blah blah!
Reloading is awesome and adds a lot to the GAS list.

But I see it as saving also 6-8 bucks per 50rounds....

I am gassing for a new bass rig and my first drum kit. Not really any guns out there I want right now except a USP 45 full-size.

My GAS has been terrible lately.

Years ago, all I wanted to go was get a license and ONE gun to take care of everything (range, CC, home defense). Then it turned into another one, then another one. Then I got an AR, then an AK, then another AR, then another AK. My safes are filled to the brim. I'm now in a position where I have to clear some inventory. I never thought it would come down to this. TargetSports has 22lr for $0.02 a round after rebate that I'm tempted to buy....and I don't even own a 22!! Then I'll have to get another gun to shoot that ammo with.

[angry2][angry2][angry2][angry2][angry2]

I've always got GAS......usually in winter when I get bored and need projects.

It goes in stages, used to be M4gery (which actually turned out a great investment and quadrupled in value (Thanks Maura)) and pistols for a while, now its old hunting rifles, old shotguns, and lever guns.

Sometimes its archery stuff, although most of that I have especially stickbow stuff. I generally buy a new compound and trade in the old one every few years...I'm due for a new Bowtech soon. But my current one which I bought at KTP on the new leftover rack for a significant discount is still really nice. (Never buy bows brand new, tons of markup on archery equipment) But if they have another leftover marked down, Ill trade it maybe. And now is the time to buy Broadheads at Walmart at like 1/3 the cost of what they usually are, as they are trying to get rid of them.

My latest which is not really any of the above is a Ruger Ranch in 5.56. It's coyote season and I wanted a new rig and find a small accurate carbine that takes an AR mag kinda useful. 399.00 on Grabagun...funded by selling one AR part that I had.

All of this is usually funded by trade ins or sales of what I already own. Or if I do a wheel bearing or brake job...I figure I saved myself a few hundred dollars and treat myself to some stuff for the trouble.

Last edited:
Let’s see...

I have an M1 build I still need to finish as well as 2 other AR platforms. I have been wanting a 9mm 1911 for awhile now (have a .45 so why not?). My birthday is next month so I just have my wife the specs on a benchmade folder knife that I want. So yeah I’ve got GAS.

I thought I kicked the GAS habit. I did, for a long time. Now I find myself making and buying all sorts of weaponry. Probably more firearm purchases in the last 6 months than possibly the last 6 years. Crazy!

Back
Top Bottom