Good guy with a gun stops road rage mass pike

Sorry, but I don't follow the logic. Only an idiot would drive down the highway at 70 with someone hanging on to the hood with the expectation that he's not going to kill someone.
He wasn't swerving or stopping short in the video I saw...either of those and the old guy is laying on the pavement. To me it looked like maybe the old guy was the aggressor, and that's how he ended up on the hood. Make no mistake, it takes two idiots to tango most times.

I love this thread. One crazy guy jumps on the hood of a car and smashes the window. Another crazy guy speeds down the highway with the guy still on the hood of the car. And here are a bunch of gun owners having the biggest problem with the guy with a gun who blocks them in and detains them until police show up. Not even the police had a problem with him. JFC.

I know the guys who towed both vehicles, they got the story right from the troopers on scene.
Here's what the news didn't tell you, the accident that precipitated this was only a small scuff, in heavy Friday rush hour, stop & go traffic. The two exchanged some words through the window, the guy in the Infiniti didn't want to stop there to exchange papers, which was smart because there isn't a breakdown lane in that stretch of road. Since this was already stop & go traffic, when they came to a full stop, Kamrowski jumped out of his truck with a hammer and smashed the windshield of the Infiniti. When the other guy tried to move again, Kamrowski jumped on the hood of his car. The news didn't tell you that part. Now the guy in the Infiniti is scared for his life and keeps driving with Kamrowski on the hood, until the guy with the gun cut him off and forced him to a stop by turning 90 degrees in front of him.
Here's where the news media embellished the story, it was less than two miles, and there's no friggin' way they even got close to 70 mph, if they hit 30 I'd be shocked.

Which is why I was wondering why crazy hood smashing guy only got charged with disorderly and guy trying to get away from him got a bunch of serious charges.

I love this thread. One crazy guy jumps on the hood of a car and smashes the window. Another crazy guy speeds down the highway with the guy still on the hood of the car. And here are a bunch of gun owners having the biggest problem with the guy with a gun who blocks them in and detains them until police show up. Not even the police had a problem with him. JFC.

No gun was needed. Car was blocked and nobody was even remotely aggressive or threatening at that point. Unless one considers the car as a deadly weapon like cops love to do but you are the last person I would expect to take that stance. He should have just put 2 thru the glass to save the text enabled aging stuntman from certain death in that case...

I know the guys who towed both vehicles, they got the story right from the troopers on scene.
Here's what the news didn't tell you, the accident that precipitated this was only a small scuff, in heavy Friday rush hour, stop & go traffic. The two exchanged some words through the window, the guy in the Infiniti didn't want to stop there to exchange papers, which was smart because there isn't a breakdown lane in that stretch of road. Since this was already stop & go traffic, when they came to a full stop, Kamrowski jumped out of his truck with a hammer and smashed the windshield of the Infiniti. When the other guy tried to move again, Kamrowski jumped on the hood of his car. The news didn't tell you that part. Now the guy in the Infiniti is scared for his life and keeps driving with Kamrowski on the hood, until the guy with the gun cut him off and forced him to a stop by turning 90 degrees in front of him.
Here's where the news media embellished the story, it was less than two miles, and there's no friggin' way they even got close to 70 mph, if they hit 30 I'd be shocked.
Exactly what I thought and posted earlier in this thread.

So just to recap if a road rager starts beating on your car with a hammer the best course of action is to just stay put.

Strangly my NES mindset feels the only one in a position to pull a gun is the guy in the car...

I'm not sure why you continue to state that gun owners are having the biggest problem with the guy holding the gun. Everyone has a right to an opinion, and in my opinion, after the event was over, i.e., the Infiniti was blocked in, there was no need to brandish a gun. Nobody's life was in imminent danger of bodily injury or death at this point. However, two people were in danger, the first being the driver who had a gun pointed at him, and the other is the old guy that removed himself from the hood and was still in the line of fire.

Maybe it's our basic training that kicks in; you don't point your gun at someone with your finger on the trigger unless you are willing to destroy the target(s).

So just to recap if a road rager starts beating on your car with a hammer the best course of action is to just stay put.

Strangly my NES mindset feels the only one in a position to pull a gun is the guy in the car...

I’m not sure I disagree.

But if you didn’t have a gun, what do you do? I’m not sure I’ve got that answer (I’ve got a gun, instead), but driving down the road with the guy clinging to your hood is the wrong move IMO.

MO doesn’t matter, though. A jury’s does, if it gets that far. I’ll be curious to see how this pans out.

I’m not sure I disagree.

But if you didn’t have a gun, what do you do? I’m not sure I’ve got that answer (I’ve got a gun, instead), but driving down the road with the guy clinging to your hood is the wrong move IMO.

MO doesn’t matter, though. A jury’s does, if it gets that far. I’ll be curious to see how this pans out.

Exactly. I think that is what we learn from this story. And many others that all boil down to that one nagging statement uttered years ago...

“We don’t believe in self help.”

I think the car guys line of thinking was maybe if I drive for a bit this nutjob will smarten up and get the hell off. Sadly crazy usually doubles down and earned himself a victim card in the process. Not unusual in nanny states like MA...

The OP news story has been updated with a lot more footage. Stuntman waffles around explaining how he got on the hood of the car. And driver clearly stopped a few times maybe dude was too busy texting to notice..? Lol.

And the video is deceiving with the opposing traffic whipping by. Watch the trees in the background and it becomes apparent that the driver was stopping and not going all that fast during much of it.

More footage of gun guy getting late to the scene yet trying to make up for lost time with his ill placed heroism...

If that was a cop on the hood, the driver would have been riddled. Assault with a deadly weapon (car) might be justification for the gun response. Did laying on the hood threaten the drivers life? Or did driving off with nutty guy on the hood threaten nutty guy's life. Sounds like a minimum $20k should straighten it out for the driver.

Last edited:
If that was a cop on the hood, the driver would have been riddled. Assault with a deadly weapon (car) might be justification for the gun response. Did laying on the hood threaten the drivers life? Or did driving off with nutty guy on the hood threaten nutty guy's life. Sounds like a minimum $20k should straighten it out for the driver.

This, EXCEPT that I think by the time the sashbearer cleared leather, dude was no longer on the hood? Certainly the car was no longer moving.

But from the looks of things, the cops agree with you.

I guess you missed the part about the hammer?

This, EXCEPT that I think by the time the sashbearer cleared leather, dude was no longer on the hood? Certainly the car was no longer moving.

But from the looks of things, the cops agree with you.

Gun was whipped out well before dude got off the hood. Actually with the new footage it looks like he was the second one on the scene and probably not even the cutoff man.

Gun was whipped out well before dude got off the hood. Actually with the new footage it looks like he was the second one on the scene and probably not even the cutoff man.

Ah.

I didn’t think he was the cutoff man. I thought he was in the vehicle immediately outboard? I’ve seen it reported he did the cutting off, though, which didn’t seem to match with the video.

Nobody's life was in imminent danger of bodily injury or death at this point.

How exactly do you know that a guy smashing a windshield with a hammer and a guy driving with said guy hanging on his hood are just going to be all nice and friendly once stopped? I’m sure they were likely to kiss and make up.

I’m sure you’d have no issue with people jumping on the hood of your car and smashing your window with a hammer and wouldn’t feel that person is at all a threat harm you. No sir!

I’m sure you’d have no issue with people jumping on the hood of your car and smashing your window with a hammer and wouldn’t feel that person is at all a threat harm you. No sir!

Nice strawman. Yet none of that was going on at the time and the hood guy was not being treated as the threat. Make up your mind will ya?

So nobody jumped on a cars hood, smashed a windshield, and nobody else drove down the road with a guy on the hood? Weird.

But you are right. Those guys weren’t a danger to anyone but a licensed gun owner who didn’t shoot anyone is the problem.

No wonder there is such strong support for banning guns and banning carry. Even people here don’t support it!

ok 20k for the lawyer and 30k for the guy on the hood to drop charges, and it all goes away

Back
Top Bottom