Good beginner rifle for range and home defense

I happen to be of the opinion that an M1 Carbine would make a decent HD gun if you must go with a rifle...

The M1 carbine is a great gun, but with the current price of the ammo and the gun, I think they can't compete with the AR. I wish I had been of an age to buy guns before the CMP ran out of them.

Buds has the Adam's piston AR15s with extremely minor cosmetic blems for $599.

I bought one about a month ago...only a couple hundred rounds through it so far, but i have 3 freinds that all have adams or adams uppers, all with several thousand rounds and no issues.

With the Strikefire red dot, the whole package was under $800.

If someone was to buy a MINI, get it calibered in .40 and clean it with frog lube would the internet gun completely implode?

If someone was to buy a MINI, get it calibered in .40 and clean it with frog lube would the internet gun completely implode?
I dunno about the internet, but I'm sure you would get a jammed action, a kaboom, and the resulting mass of shrapnel still couldnt hit the broad side of a barn

I dunno about the internet, but I'm sure you would get a jammed action, a kaboom, and the resulting mass of shrapnel still couldnt hit the broad side of a barn
Haha. I'll be sure to make sure whoever shoots it does so from inside the barn to up the chances of hitting it.

Get an AR.

1) Most people are not good pistol shooters at the range, let alone under duress.
2) Ever actually try clearing a house with a shotgun? Shotguns are big.
3) Shotguns are limited severely on capacity and time to reload.
4) Why buy a pistol caliber carbine? Why not own the most ubiquitous battle rifle in America?

Back
Top Bottom