Going to NH statehouse on Saturday

How many protests have there been in the past 2, 3, or 5 years? How many that have gotten a single ****ing thing accomplished?

Name one and I will go.

Wow....you suck. It's unfortunate that We will be standing up in the cold for YOUR rights. If there was a way that I could rally for everyone else's rights but yours, I would.

Last edited:
Friends,
Please do me a favor and read and follow the recommendations from GONH regarding this event. We will need to manage the media that is clearly working against us. Do NOT give them something that they can use against us.

I support both rallies, (19th and the 31st) I am planning to be at the 19th, but the 31st IMHO is the more important event. (Booked at a prior commitment for the 31st, or I would be there)

Regards,
design

http://gonh.org/
Minute Man Alert
Clarification About The Proposed "Guns Across America" Event, Saturday, January 19,
"High noon", at the State House in Concord, NH

NOTE: THIS EVENT IS NOT SPONSORED BY GO-NH This Saturday, January 19, 2013, there
MAY be a rally at the NH State House (or nearby) in Concord, NH, starting at noon,
according to several mailings GO-NH members have received in recent days.

There are supposed to be similar rallies at state capitols across the country, also
on Saturday, Jan. 19. GO-NH does not have full information on this proposed rally,
as this rally is not the work of GO-NH. GO-NH is neither encouraging nor
discouraging members from attending this or any other (non GO-NH sponsored) rally in
support of the right to bear arms or the U.S. Constitution, but is warning its
members (as it does for any official pro-firearms rally) that the press may be
present and may be looking for any and all negative images of firearms owners, in
order to disparage NH, the right to keep and bear arms, and firearms rights advocacy
groups.

To this extent, GO-NH offers these recommendations for anyone planning to attend the
proposed rally on Saturday (or any other pro-firearms rally, for that matter):

a.. Do not wear camouflage clothing; Wear the best clothing possible for the
weather conditions
b.. Do not litter or leave signs, posters, etc. behind after the rally, except in
approved trash recepticles [from design: Leave the place in better shape than you found it. If we set a good example, there is more work for them to trash us in the press]
c.. If you carry openly, keep handguns holstered and carry long guns in a safe and
non threatening manner; Note that, due to the overwhelmingly negative reporting by
most press organizations, GO-NH recommends that you NOT carry openly at any
pro-firearms rally
d.. If you don't have a license to carry concealed, make sure no part of your
clothing obscures the firearm from view (i.e it is "openly" carried) and also be
sure that you do not carry the firearm loaded and/or concealed in a motor vehicle
(per RSA 159:4)
e.. Be aware that RSA 111:15 Armed Civilian Groups (link here) provides penalties
(including misdemeanor charges and firearms confiscation) if you are armed and
perceived as participating in a "combination of persons" as described in the
statute
f.. In general, avoid contact with the press but, if you must make contact with
them, be respectful and stick to relevant points when speaking about firearms and
your right to own them; The press is always looking for an attendee to who is
inarticulate and will present firearms advocates in a bad light: Don't be that
attendee!
g.. If you do see someone behaving poorly or stupidly, and you have a still or
video camera, please take as many pictures or record as much video of the
miscreant as possible -- It may be a plant from one of the many anti-firearms
civil rights organizations, and your video or stills could help to identify the
person and their anti-firearms organization
h.. If you do attend the rally, you are encouraged to take pictures and videos of
the rally, to show how peaceful and respectful lawful firearms owners really are.
Posted 01/17/2013

Uh, it would be nice to see them be more supportive. Who GAF if it was their idea or not?

I saw that too in their email. I was like WTF? This is one more reason I have ill will towards GONH. They don't seem fully committed unless they came up with the idea. And as far as I can gather, it is one of the reasons CC died last year.

Got one sign done. I'll post a picture when I'm done. "GUNS SAVE LIVES!"

Any other catchy slogans? Needs to be brief.

WHY?
BECAUSE **** YOU
THAT'S WHY!

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, it would be nice to see them be more supportive. Who GAF if it was their idea or not?

I saw that too in their email. I was like WTF? This is one more reason I have ill will towards GONH. They don't seem fully committed unless they came up with the idea. And as far as I can gather, it is one of the reasons CC died last year.

OMG, don't get butt hurt over what GONH said... they stated what should be obvious... we don't need the legion of Alex Jones showing up full retard. Be tactful...

That said, should I be physically able to make it, i'll be easily identified by wearing a shirt having the graphic in my sig.

WHY?
BECAUSE **** YOU
THAT'S WHY!

- - - Updated - - -

OMG, don't get butt hurt over what GONH said... they stated what should be obvious... we don't need the legion of Alex Jones showing up full retard. Be tactful...

That said, should I be physically able to make it, i'll be easily identified by wearing a shirt having the graphic in my sig.

But they could have showed that they actually care about the movement by saying that while it isn't an official GONH event or sponsored by them, that they encourage you to go. Followed by listing an event they do sponsor and then listing the things you should and should not do.

By saying they neither encourage or discourage, they send a message of: "meh, its not our event so we don't care one way or another."

I totally agree. Acting like jackasses isn't going to help at all, and I get that part of their message. It just seems like they should be more enthusiastic about any event that supports our cause.

Sadly I won't be able to make it. Ill be on the road for work tomorrow. Ill be looking for the coverage though.

I'll be there as well...It's going to be damned cold out there tomorrow...dress warm and in layers peeps. I'm going to bring a thermos of coffee...also, I'll be bringing some trash bags so we can keep our areas well "policed"...

But they could have showed that they actually care about the movement by saying that while it isn't an official GONH event or sponsored by them, that they encourage you to go. Followed by listing an event they do sponsor and then listing the things you should and should not do.

By saying they neither encourage or discourage, they send a message of: "meh, its not our event so we don't care one way or another."

Still reading into it too much I think, it was simply a disclaimer.

Question concerning media…

Being that I’ve never been to one of these gatherings that concerned such a hot button issue; if, per chance, the media is there, how do we engage them? My experience with media has been that they will ask you your name and town you live in when and if they interview you…

Perhaps I’m paranoid, but I don’t really want any media knowing what my full name is and what town I live in…I don’t need my wife opening my front door to a crowd of pissed off moonbats who saw me on the news. At the same time, I don’t want to come across to the media as paranoid whack job, though they will probably portray me as that anyway without trying.

How have you folks dealt with this? I’m thinking only first name and if they ask where I’m from, I’ll simply say New Hampshire and leave it at that…

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I'll be there as well...It's going to be damned cold out there tomorrow...dress warm and in layers peeps. I'm going to bring a thermos of coffee...also, I'll be bringing some trash bags so we can keep our areas well "policed"...

Accuweather says it is gonna be 39 with a 10mph wind and a windchill of 30.

Accuweather says it is gonna be 39 with a 10mph wind and a windchill of 30.

wow...thats better than I saw...though I did get my info about Saturday's weather the day before yesterday...I guess i won't have to dress like Nanook of the North (trudgin' across the tundra, mile after mile)...

wow...thats better than I saw...though I did get my info about Saturday's weather the day before yesterday...I guess i won't have to dress like Nanook of the North (trudgin' across the tundra, mile after mile)...

I still think it would be prudent to bring it with you in the car and when you get there determine if you should bundle up more.

I still think it would be prudent to bring it with you in the car and when you get there determine if you should bundle up more.

Oh I will, believe me [grin]...it's not like we'll be winter hiking in the whites where we're moving and burning calories like a coalfired boiler...I don't like getting cold and I'll make sure I don't.

Got my signs ready. I have a few more in case people are coming empty handed.

signs.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Question concerning media…

Being that I’ve never been to one of these gatherings that concerned such a hot button issue; if, per chance, the media is there, how do we engage them? My experience with media has been that they will ask you your name and town you live in when and if they interview you…

Perhaps I’m paranoid, but I don’t really want any media knowing what my full name is and what town I live in…I don’t need my wife opening my front door to a crowd of pissed off moonbats who saw me on the news. At the same time, I don’t want to come across to the media as paranoid whack job, though they will probably portray me as that anyway without trying.

How have you folks dealt with this? I’m thinking only first name and if they ask where I’m from, I’ll simply say New Hampshire and leave it at that…

Thoughts?

It's up to you. You're not obliged to speak. I would give first name and town only.

Got my signs made. I put Green in green letters in the corner. Managed to get my brother to commit to come (he didn't have to work) and my roommate who was wavering earlier in the week.

Back
Top Bottom