• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL LTC/FID Renewal Delay Survey

I don't know if this counts for anything but I had my restrictions removed and received a new LTC and reprint of my pin number in under 14 days. North Andover.

I submitted a request to have my restrictions removed about a week ago. Just curious if this was how long it took for the COP to make his decision? I have not heard anything either way since I sent in my request.

I hope this question is ok for this thread. Any updates on Boston proper timing? I have my appt with BPD on Oct 6th. First MA LTC.

So I'm guessing that you had your appointment already. When I got mine, I applied in February of this year and got my LTC 83 days later. I think the slowdown in the background check process at the FRB is pretty much gone, so it all depends on how fast BPD is processing LTCs which generally (more or less) depends on how many renewals/new applications they are processing. I'm guessing you'll get yours sooner than I did.

Renewal: Acushnet
App dropped off : 6/28
Photo taken, payed : 8/28
Issued(No Restrictions): 9/3(arrived 9/19)
Check Cashed : 10/2

I am 5 weeks away from the end of my 90 day grace period. When does the new law go into effect that makes it so the grace period is unlimited as long as you've applied for renewal before expiration? I applied for renewal in April.

Two months to schedule an interview!?! This is the way licensing authorities will delay, and remain within the law. [hmmm]
It lists on their website they are understaffed, with the position that handled LTC's in the past being pushed onto a Detective there.
This is listed as a green town, and it certainly felt like it interacting with the department.
Very courteous and proffessional(compared to new beige, where I couldn't even get a hold of someone to TALK to for 2 months about scheduling an appointment in 2009)

I am 5 weeks away from the end of my 90 day grace period. When does the new law go into effect that makes it so the grace period is unlimited as long as you've applied for renewal before expiration? I applied for renewal in April.

you need to contact the PD because no one's renewal is taking that long.

Renewal in North Reading, excellent experience. Sgt Howe was professional and friendly.
First call to PD was in August was told I would be contacted about a month before my expiration date.
Received call to set up appointment appox 38 days before expiration date.
10/8/2014 appointment with Sgt Howe
11/4/2014 received call that LTC available to pick up at dispatch.
11/4/2014 picked up LTC
27 calendar days

Holy shit April.......What a ****ing disgrace

Holy shit April.......What a ****ing disgrace
And I still don't have it. I called the LEO on 10/28 which was the 30 days before my 90 day grace period ends. He called me back and said it was just approved and said he would call and try to get it printed on Friday 11/1. Then I called the FRB and the lady there said she would push it through for me. Whatever that means.

LTC-A renewal:

27 Sept dropped off application at Police Station
2 Oct meet with Lic Officer, took photo, copy of DL, signed application
6 Nov picked up renewed LTC-A today, at Police Station

Lowell, renewal...Start process...October 20th, permit in hand Nov 18

Nice work Lowell....

Curious to know if the mailing from FRB is pretty accurate. The status update phone center states that the license was mailed to local PD on Dec 9, so hoping it will be ready from the local PD soon.

I found it to be very accurate for Boston. How long each town hangs onto it upon receiving it is a whole other matter. Boston seemed to turn it around within a couple of days and mail it back out to me.

Applied for my renewal(expires 3/2015) 11/23. Sat down with Officer Donovan, Avon PD and filled out the Application. Got a call yesterday saying it was in and I could pick it up at my leisure. 28 days from start to finish. I was ready for a long wait, but luckily that didn't happen.

Applied for my renewal(expires 3/2015) 11/23. Sat down with Officer Donovan, Avon PD and filled out the Application. Got a call yesterday saying it was in and I could pick it up at my leisure. 28 days from start to finish. I was ready for a long wait, but luckily that didn't happen.

keep in mind that it wing be valid until the current one expires

Back
Top Bottom