GOAL LTC/FID Renewal Delay Survey

Renewed on Nov25, got call it was in Jan14 picked it up today.
I would like to thank Templeton PD for being awesome called for and appointment they said come by tomorrow.

190 days total for a renewal. But let me explain:

Submitted my paperwork to Arlington on July 4th, 2013. Was told at the front desk that THEY WILL CALL ME to schedule an interview. (Not for me to call them.) I didn't want to pester them, but when a few months went by and I heard nothing, I called the DCJIS and they said the PD hadn't done anything yet. I called the PD and they said "oh yeah, you were supposed to call us to set up an interview.".

Went in for my interview on Nov 20th, received my unrestricted LTC-A renewal on Jan 10th. So 51 days from interview to renewal.

The moral of this story? Don't be afraid to make a few friendly calls to your local PD and see how things are going.

EDIT: For what it's worth, at my interview I was told that the FRB was really backed up and it would likely be 3-4 solid months before I received my license, and that my current one would expire while waiting. So I was actually pleasantly surprised when that part only took 51 days.

Last edited:
Reading - Interviewed in September and still waiting...

I really hate to think how the long renewal process impacts those who needs a valid LTC for employment. I used to be an armed guard and every morning I would be required to show my LTC. Anyone who didn't have one was sent home.

Last edited:
Just picked up my LTC in Dracut, class A unresticted, exactly 60 days. Thanks to Dracut PD for being so expeditious. Also became member Northeastshooters.com.

I'm not going to bother filling out the survey now because my last renewal was 2010 and I don't recall how long it took. I wanna say 2.5 months (in a town on the Cape). I'll be up again in 2016 and will certainly record everything involved with the PD. I will most likely be living in a different town at that point (a green one for sure).

I just picked up my renewed LTC from the Dracut PD. Almost 8 weeks to the day. Previous license had "Target & Hunting" restrictions, new license no restrictions.

I just picked up my renewed LTC from the Dracut PD. Almost 8 weeks to the day. Previous license had "Target & Hunting" restrictions, new license no restrictions.

2 unrestricteds in Dracut today. Have we gone green. Anyone else? I know I saw others on the desk while there.

Last edited:
Picked my unrestricted license this evening.... exactly 6 weeks to the day.

I was honestly expecting a much longer delay. Methuen... still green

Mine was set to expire mid-June, so I got an appt. with my PD (Sudbury) on Jan 16 after hearing of the 4-6 month delays. The officer told me that EOPS had whittled down their backlog, and it was more like 6 weeks. He said EOPS did not like to see renewals so early, so he put the application into the system, but said he would wait until March 1 to release it to them. However, he called yesterday to tell me it was in. He said he had a batch of other to send, so he just included mine instead of waiting. So, technically speaking, I guess you could say my perceived "wait" was -10 days (Feb 19 to Mar 1). I don't know what day he actually sent it, but the actual wait was under 34 days.

I suspect that, unless there is something unusual about the application or background of the person applying, delays over a month are probably at the local level.

Just went for my interview last night. Expiration middle of April. Will update when it arrives. Was told 2-3 months.
Kingston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just spoke with two New Bedford residents who were in my FSC and they had made an appointment with New Bedford PD last week for processing. Processing date June 23rd !!!

21 calendar days from renewal to phone call. "The state is backed up" is total BS, if I can walk into a tiny central MA town and get renewed in 3 weeks. The Sgt did tell me they had "caught up quite a bit" with regard to the state delays.

Back
Top Bottom