GOAL LTC/FID Renewal Delay Survey

Met with the PD yesterday for my renewal. He said expect it in the mail in 12 weeks.

Update: License was waiting for me in the mail today. Licensing officer quoted me at 12 weeks, and 11 weeks and 2 days after meeting with him my renewal is in hand. Still 2 months before my old one expires.

Update: License was waiting for me in the mail today. Licensing officer quoted me at 12 weeks, and 11 weeks and 2 days after meeting with him my renewal is in hand. Still 2 months before my old one expires.

Check your new one. It may not be active yet. Ask your PD. When I renewed early my current was still active and the new one was set to activate on my birthday.

Check your new one. It may not be active yet. Ask your PD. When I renewed early my current was still active and the new one was set to activate on my birthday.

That's how mine is as well. the Issue Date on my new one is my birthday 2014, and expires on my birthday 2020.

Starting to get a little pissed. My PD says they do not have it. DCJIS and FRB both say it was aproved on the 18th of november and the PD should have it by now! Some one is lying!

Starting to get a little pissed. My PD says they do not have it. DCJIS and FRB both say it was aproved on the 18th of november and the PD should have it by now! Some one is lying!

Push the PD to file for a reprint as "lost in Mail" to FRB. That is the proper way they should deal with it.

Has anyone with a non-magnetic strip (paper) LTC been able to track the status of their renewal?

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk

Has anyone with a non-magnetic strip (paper) LTC been able to track the status of their renewal?

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk

You should be able to track it with the number above. as long as you have an LTC number they can look it up. if not they use your Drivers license number.

You should be able to track it with the number above. as long as you have an LTC number they can look it up. if not they use your Drivers license number.

No one at the FRB has been able to verify anything, and am forwarded to yet another firearms angency, where I am then told they are unable to verify anything, and am told that I have to contact my issuing authority. Who again, knows nothing.

No one at the FRB has been able to verify anything, and am forwarded to yet another firearms angency, where I am then told they are unable to verify anything, and am told that I have to contact my issuing authority. Who again, knows nothing.

In this case, contact your State Senator and/or Rep and tell them what you told us (with names/dates/times if you have them). I'll bet someone will find out what's going on and I'll bet it will happen very fast once they get a call from a legislator's office.

Question did your old paper one expire?

Application in on 11/12/2013
License in the mail today: 12/19/2013

37 days. 2 months before the old one expires.

App/interview and fingerprints on 9-11-13, expires late November, almost a month into grace period! Still waiting, 103 days give or take one or two!

oops, forgot, this is a RENEWAL!

Last edited:
My first one came in the mail, because they were calling my house number and I wasn't answering. Never gave it to them, they must have looked it up. I out my cell number on the app. I never use my house phone.

Hi guys, first post...

I filed the LTC-A application on 12/14, got an interview on the 12/23. Was told by the LO that the process is taking roughly 12-14 weeks.

Applied for renewal (in person) in late August, 2013. My license was to expire in late November 2013. Received license in mail mid-December 2013.

Last edited:
Hi All. Received unrestricted Class A yesterday (January 9th). Applied on August 15th. 21 weeks. *edited town name.

Last edited:
Just got LTC and MGL renewed.... Took six weeks from processing. PD tells me that a couple more just came in that took just over two weeks for renewal.

Just file my renewal today. Woman I met with said that they've been told to recommend that renewals be filed 6 to 9 months in advance.

Back
Top Bottom