• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock Tactical Stocks. MA compliant?

This would have been better suited to the gun laws section. But to answer your question, if you register your glock as a SBR it is legal in MA.
ETA: after looking at the stock, you may have to pin it to comply with the MA AWB IE: no collapsible or folding stocks allowed.

Last edited:
You'd have to SBR the Glock to begin with, which costs $200 and a whole plate full of agita.

Whether or not the gun violates the MA AWB is sort of a grey area. There are numerous threads on the board about whether or not an SBR bypasses the MA
AWB, most lawyers are going to tell you "no", however.

I also don't see the point in expending that kind of money/effort to add a couple of mall ninja accessories to a Glock. [laugh]

-Mike

You would definately need to pay the $200 tax & have the receiver engraved per NFA guidelines to make it into an SBR. Simply registering a firearm as a SBR will not bypass the MA semi-auto assault weapons ban and didn't get around the federal ban either when it was in effect.

The collapsible stock would be an interesting one though. I could see how MA would now define it as an assault weapon due to the pistol grip & collapsible stock but I could also see the argument that the original weapon is not considered an assault weapon therfore you are by definition creating one.

I have a few SBR's and I don't see the need to go through that whole process just to put a stock on a glock. Registering an AR lower and putting a 7.5" pistol barrel on it would be a much better use of your time and $$.

Also a SBR be federal definition has a stock on it. What would happen if you took the stock off and decided to conceal carry the Glock? I could definately see some federal law being stretched here since it would no longer be an SBR.

Also a SBR be federal definition has a stock on it. What would happen if you took the stock off and decided to conceal carry the Glock? I could definately see some federal law being stretched here since it would no longer be an SBR.

A SBR doesn't have to have a stock on it. 26 USC 5845(a)(4) says:

(4) a weapon made from a rifle if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length

Simply having once had a stock is enough...

--EasyD

If you buy an IGB 16" barrel and install it before installing the stock then you wouldn't have to register. Just don't be caught having the stock without the 16" barrel.

Last edited:
mall ninja accessories ??? LOL

Things could be worse... much worse. [smile]

UTA2full2.jpg

UTA4-1.jpg

uta.jpg

http://www.makosecurity.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=UTA&Category_Code=_FAB

Every ad I've seen for them says that posession of the stock and a Glock, even if they've never been attached, makes it an SBR.

Who knows, the ad execs could be wrong.

holy crap!

can someone please explain how this is practical, outside of shooting down the Batplane with one shot????

holy crap!

can someone please explain how this is practical, outside of shooting down the Batplane with one shot????

I remember reading something (I'm not presenting this as fact, so don't flame me for it) about diplomatic bodyguards working in sensitive situations where only concealable handguns could be carried, but they still wanted to have access to more gun if it became necessary. The solution would be a Glock 18 (select fire 9mm) with a few 33 rounds stick mags and a shoulder stock in a briefcase, so in a few seconds you could go from concealable pistol to a 9mm submachine gun, essentially.

I'm not saying it would be practical to try and convert your gun amidst gunfire, but I could see it working in a vehicle pursuit situation, or reacting as a building is being stormed or something where one might have a few seconds.

OK. Flame me. I'm ready now. [grin]

I remember reading something (I'm not presenting this as fact, so don't flame me for it) about diplomatic bodyguards working in sensitive situations where only concealable handguns could be carried, but they still wanted to have access to more gun if it became necessary. The solution would be a Glock 18 (select fire 9mm) with a few 33 rounds stick mags and a shoulder stock in a briefcase, so in a few seconds you could go from concealable pistol to a 9mm submachine gun, essentially.

I'm not saying it would be practical to try and convert your gun amidst gunfire, but I could see it working in a vehicle pursuit situation, or reacting as a building is being stormed or something where one might have a few seconds.

OK. Flame me. I'm ready now. [grin]

I think the HK MP5K PDW kit has that market down cold.

9mm firing against another vehicle? Not very useful, IMNSHO. You want a rifle round.

9mm firing against another vehicle? Not very useful, IMNSHO. You want a rifle round.

I agree, but again, it'd be better than a handgun alone, it gives you that option.

If I were preparing for a car pursuit shootout, I'd be partial to bringing a LAW, a full auto rifle or two, a few grenades and an armored vehicle. But if you're a bodyguard or something who has to travel light, or maybe one whose boss says "I don't want you to have machine guns, they look to scary to my voters," it's a step up, wouldn't you agree?

Back
Top Bottom