Glock In MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
If some one could be so kind and break this down for me, Is a Glock 23 legal in MA. I have seen so many posting that cretin Glocks after a cretin date are Illegal in MA. I would like to Buy a Glock 23, Does any one know of a decent Gun Shop in MA that I could Buy this gun for a decent price?

Thanks for the Help

All Glocks are legal in Mass (with the exception of most full auto Glock 18s). If you can find it for sale in the state, you can buy it and own it.

You have "legal" confused with "compliant". Glocks made after 1998 are not Mass compliant and therefore cannot be transferred by a Massachusetts dealer.

However, you can obtain a "post-ban" Glock via private sale with a non-dealer within the state. For example, if I moved here from NH with a brand new Glock 33, I could sell it to you face-to-face on an FA-10 and you could own it. But, if I sold it to a dealer, he couldn't transfer it to someone in the state.

The only thing that can be illegal WRT Glocks are the magazines. Post ban magazines with >10 round capacity are illegal in Mass. Here's a thread on how to pick them out.

The shops that Reptile posted are excellent places to start (and probably end) your search.

If some one could be so kind and break this down for me, Is a Glock 23 legal in MA. I have seen so many posting that cretin Glocks after a cretin date are Illegal in MA. I would like to Buy a Glock 23, Does any one know of a decent Gun Shop in MA that I could Buy this gun for a decent price?

Thanks for the Help

Generally, there are not many, if any, handguns that are "illegal" to own/possess per se, but dealers are prohibited from transferring a) what is not on the list, and b) what does not pass the AG's super secret, written in disappearing ink regulations. The latter only applies to handguns not previously legally owned which is how a bunch are in the state. Stuff owned prior to the ban and as they get transferred out of LEO use, etc, they get sold to us commoners. Without an FFL to transfer a handgun from out of state, you get an effective ban on them, but they are not illegal per se.

Word of advice, never assume you can't get something you want. They could be hard to get, but you can find stuff. Both of the shops Reptile gave you are good sources for finding stuff hard to get, especially ZHA. I can't walk in there without dropping a couple of grand. It is an insane place for mil surps and hard to get handguns.

In a comprehensive fashion, today I replied to these issues in another forum where someone asked about a G23 in MA. You are a member of that forum, so I suggest you take a look there.

Sorry I can no longer repeat that info here.

All the info you were given above is spot-on, including the shop recommendations. Not to be overlooked is the For Sale section here on NES. Good deals last mere minutes/hours.

Supply and demand. That's the price paid for living in this crap hole of a state.

there are drasticly lower prices for "gen 3 LNIB" glocks in MA (like $520).
i can think of 2 places right now.

if youll look hard enough youll find them

please dont look for me for clues, nothing personal.

Glocks are out there and easy to get.

my personal experience was looking for a 3rd Gen Glock 19 / 23.

1. you have troll really hard and be availalbe to
(a) meet a seller at his (and yours) earliest convenience
(b) be availalbe to go snatch the one you want from the shop within a day or two (max).
(c) have the cash ready - most important [laugh]

i've been told that Four Seasons will hold items w/o deposit for a day or so. i live close enough that i just show up.

of course, YMMV

things I've noticed drive the price up:
* hi cap magazines
* lazer max
* nite sites
* misc. extra goodies

Bottom line: they are out there and can be had for $500 and up.

2nd Gen Glocks seem to always be available though... i personally didn't like the one I had, so I sold it and waited almost one year to find an opportunity to get one.

I'd say to have $500 to 700 For a bone - stock 3rd Gen 17 / 22 / 19 / 23 w / 10 round magazines. Most likely, it will be a refurb police turn in aka a brand new - used Glock.

I've noticed a price drop in Glocks in Mass as they have become more accessible.

First gun was a Glock 17 and I still have it.

also got to point out the model is a big factor. You can easily get 17's, 22's and a lot of 19's. However a 30sf, 21sf, 36, etc etc are going to be a lot more

I suggest that you scan the classifieds here on NES and you'll find some quite grand Glocks at better than reasonable prices from some of the finest firearm enthusiasts in New England(and a few from beyond). And after you find what your heart desires you can become a member and kiss all your money away with incredible group buys....[smile]

I suggest that you scan the classifieds here on NES and you'll find some quite grand Glocks at better than reasonable prices from some of the finest firearm enthusiasts in New England(and a few from beyond). And after you find what your heart desires you can become a member and kiss all your money away with incredible group buys....[smile]

Are you suggesting a "Group Buy" for Glocks? Count me in.

-Cuz.

Are glocks legal and compliant in ma? I have seen brand new glocks in gun shops in ma however I just went into Bass Pro in Foxboro and got into a debate with three employees about this and why Bass Pro doesn't carry any glocks. I pulled out the EOPS list and they are on there. Anyone know for sure?

MA compliant: yes. Super secret AG list: No. Dealers can only sell to LEO and out of state. Perfectly legal for You, me or the lil old lady down the street to own.

Are glocks legal and compliant in ma? I have seen brand new glocks in gun shops in ma however I just went into Bass Pro in Foxboro and got into a debate with three employees about this and why Bass Pro doesn't carry any glocks. I pulled out the EOPS list and they are on there. Anyone know for sure?

Bass Pro was threatened by the AG with $5000 fines per Glock that they sold after they opened. That's why they don't sell them anymore.

You resurrected a thread from 2008 to ask a question that was answered in the very thread that you resurrected from 2008. It's like Inception or something.

All Glocks are legal in Mass (with the exception of most full auto Glock 18s). If you can find it for sale in the state, you can buy it and own it.

You have "legal" confused with "compliant". Glocks made after 1998 are not Mass compliant and therefore cannot be transferred by a Massachusetts dealer.

However, you can obtain a "post-ban" Glock via private sale with a non-dealer within the state. For example, if I moved here from NH with a brand new Glock 33, I could sell it to you face-to-face on an FA-10 and you could own it. But, if I sold it to a dealer, he couldn't transfer it to someone in the state.

The only thing that can be illegal WRT Glocks are the magazines. Post ban magazines with >10 round capacity are illegal in Mass. Here's a thread on how to pick them out.

The shops that Reptile posted are excellent places to start (and probably end) your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom