Glock 9mm Single Stack coming in 2015

Not directed at him specifically (as that kind of post is not the only one I've seen around here) but it seems there is a huge mind virus around here where people enjoy whining/ being obsessed about the compliance status of something more than they want to talk about whether something is good or not. If they spent as much time looking for what they wanted (or coming up with some kind of a LEGAL wall-hack to obtain it- and there are tons of these) then the issue would be kinda moot. Handgun compliance is a form of "noise" that prevents people from accomplishing things. If the Wright brothers had this mindset about flight, then they would have sat around and whined about how humans don't have wings instead of getting motivated and inventing something to enable it. [laugh]

-Mike

Post of the year right there. Honestly, I just assume threads like this are filled with posts crying about this or that in MA and have started skipping them. It is a shame, because it is one of the things that has made me a bit less of an active member.

NES FB group is even worst. People just go there to avoid paying the membership money here to ask these retarded questions, at least there I can be an outright ******* to people and it is ok. [wink]

Last edited:
nevermind 9x19

i want a glock that shoots .454 casull

a light sabre would also be nice but not sure it would make it onto "the list"

I have a gen4 G26 and am very happy with it. To me the length of the grip is more a problem than the width of slide. I don't see any benefit for single stack glock other than thinning the slide. That being said, I would not mind having a 9mm version of G42, just not something i will lose sleep over if i don't.

Yeah, I'd like to see a Kahr K9-style larger single stack Glock, rather than a PM9-style one, just a personal preference cause my hands are big. Or both ideally, in the interest of choice.

Many people are not comfortable with the fat handle of the G26 this will sell like hotcakes

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

Many people are not comfortable with the fat handle of the G26 this will sell like hotcakes

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

There you go: G26SF. Boom, headshot. [wink]

I have had 4 Gen 4 Glocks in 9 mm since they were released, and all 4 used to hit me in the head with an empty shell. I do not know if Glock fixed this or whether they will release a single stack 9 mm, Walther PPS and PPQ do it for me. Those, and HK P2000/P30 cover all 9 mm pistols I need.

You expect them to build their version of a PM9? I expect something they can spin, but won't actually require a lot of retooling.

No, I expect something along the lines of a 9mm G42 (though likely a little bigger) as others have suggested. I'm just saying it wouldn't be a "SF" model as "SF" is not thinner from a girth perspective.

No, I expect something along the lines of a 9mm G42 (though likely a little bigger) as others have suggested. I'm just saying it wouldn't be a "SF" model as "SF" is not thinner from a girth perspective.

I agree, this would make a lot of sense and it would be hugely popular. Hopefully without the issues the G42 had/has.

There you go: G26SF. Boom, headshot. [wink]

Only the BIG framed guns also went into SF.

Not the 9mm, 40's, .357sig.

All those frames are the same size and were never made to be smaller.

That is why there is no G26SF or G17SF etc.

The big framed guns like the .45 had more wiggle room to be cut down around the back.

I agree, this would make a lot of sense and it would be hugely popular. Hopefully without the issues the G42 had/has.

Yeah. Every new design has potential for issues. Some Gen4's had problems and Glock changed something with the springs. It's simple really... don't use a gun for self defense unless you've tested it thoroughly. One would hope the manufacturer has tested the snot out of it, but you never know. Maybe Glock learned something about testing with a wider variety of ammunition...

Yeah there's demand for it, but I feel that if it's not pm9 sized its worthless to me. My own opinion, but I don't want a single stack 9 the same size of the g42.

curious why?
Glock = Less $ than the PM9
Glock = Lighter
Glock = Better trigger
Glock = Always works

In my experience, the pm9 is lighter, has a better trigger, and always works.

The CM9, if you can find one, is a lot less money.
I've had a PM9 for years. Yes, it wasn't cheap but it's still the smallest 9mm in its class.
Less $? Maybe, but the CM9 is pretty cheap.
Lighter? Not until they actually make one that's comparable. Nobody else makes one that's lighter.
Better Trigger? Have you actually tried a Kahr?
Always works? So does my Kahr. In fact it's had less problems than my G17.

talking 9mm Paul
and were trying to compare PM9 vs Single stack Glock , and it's not even out yet.LOL. Let's just wait I guess.

HERE

I hope not. I think they got the proportions all wrong with the XDS, the grip is too short. I hope it ends up more like a Kahr P9. (not pm9)

Don

p.s. for what its worth. I played around a bit with my G42 and the slide does not move enough to eject a loaded 9mm round. I'm going to measure how much it reciprocates and compare with how far a 9mm slide reciprocates just out of curiosity.

[QU OTE=dcmdon;4258703]I hope not. I think they got the proportions all wrong with the XDS, the grip is too short. I hope it ends up more like a Kahr P9. (not pm9)

Don

p.s. for what its worth. I played around a bit with my G42 and the slide does not move enough to eject a loaded 9mm round. I'm going to measure how much it reciprocates and compare with how far a 9mm slide reciprocates just out of curiosity.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the 42 straight blow back? Other glocks are delayed right ?

I love my xds 45. You seen my skinny ass before it's perfect for me to summer carry . With the grip extension(floor plate one. I could shoot all day with it . Even with out the extension I don't mind shooting it a lot .

Still don't totally get the obsession with single stacks, particularly single stacks that aren't pocket sized. I'll take the damn near double capacity for a slightly less thin gun. If this ends up like the M&P shield in size, total pass.

Back
Top Bottom