Glock 9mm Single Stack coming in 2015

He means that a semi shot from inside a pocket will misfire. The pocket will prevent the slide from retracting fully and you'll get a jam. It might happen on the first shot, second shot, later, or not at all if you're really lucky but the point is you can't reliably fire a semi inside a pocket. Revolver is good to go.

Which is good news unless you were trying to shoot your dick off. In what situation would this sound like a good idea? ...

I think you guys are criss-crossed on PANTS pocket versus COAT pocket. Both have their place. I have some slash pockets on my Columbia jacket which would be good for this.

There's still a market for the 42, thats why. It's one of the softest shooting .380s you can buy, and with like 2 or 3 exceptions most of the other 380s in its class are garbage in comparison.

The Sig 232 is nice, but not really compact by most modern standards. It is basically a tuneup on the original Walther design.

G42 in idaho is 365 new.
shield is 399
i carry a sig 220 full size and a m11a1
I really have no intention of buying the glock unless it was in same range as shield. Palmetto frequently has 238/938 for 500$ or less

I think you guys are criss-crossed on PANTS pocket versus COAT pocket. Both have their place. I have some slash pockets on my Columbia jacket which would be good for this.

I think so too. Jon's post was obviously aimed at coat pocket carry, so I responded in kind. Nobody here thinks that shooting through a front pants pocket is a reasonable idea, as far as I know anyway.

I think so too. Jon's post was obviously aimed at coat pocket carry, so I responded in kind. Nobody here thinks that shooting through a front pants pocket is a reasonable idea, as far as I know anyway.

It was an intentional cross and I think both are equally as imbecilic and both would get you raked over the coals in court. When you "coat pocket carry", do you walk around with your hand in the pocket holding the gun? Pointing it at potential targets? What exactly is the thought process there? Do you think you are anticipating trouble? Huh?

A single stack 9mm sub compact Glock will be reliable, easy to conceal IWB, and have a smaller grip for those who struggle with the 26.

It was an intentional cross and I think both are equally as imbecilic and both would get you raked over the coals in court.

Pure ayoobist crap. Find me a case where someone shot a BG through a coat on a good shoot and got extra special treatment for it. You're either justified in responding with deadly force or you're not. "cuz you responded through a coat" doesn't negate that. What is it now, fair chase rules apply if you're fighting for you life? [laugh] Is it stupid" tactically?" Probably, snubnose revolvers are a bitch to shoot with sights never mind point shoot. That's a wholly separate issue, though.

-Mike

Pure ayoobist crap. Find me a case where someone shot a BG through a coat on a good shoot and got extra special treatment for it. You're either justified in responding with deadly force or you're not. "cuz you responded through a coat" doesn't negate that. What is it now, fair chase rules apply if you're fighting for you life? [laugh] Is it stupid" tactically?" Probably, snubnose revolvers are a bitch to shoot with sights never mind point shoot. That's a wholly separate issue, though.

-Mike

I hit the paper sometimes with my snubnose revolver at 25 ft.

-Mike

No, actually it's not crap. You counter my argument with BS about "fighting for your life" and such. I was referring to it as your primary tactical plan. And it's not a separate issue at all, it's the issue I was highlighting. "Justified" only works for the criminal trial, try explaining it in your civil defense.

If that is your best train of thought then stay away from me. I don't need to be swept by your "concealed" handgun without a trigger guard in your sweatshirt pocket. That's just pure intelligence right there.

Last edited:
It was an intentional cross and I think both are equally as imbecilic and both would get you raked over the coals in court. When you "coat pocket carry", do you walk around with your hand in the pocket holding the gun? Pointing it at potential targets? What exactly is the thought process there? Do you think you are anticipating trouble? Huh?

Again, I don't pocket carry and can't say what people who do are thinking. I just answered someone's question. You need someone else to argue with.

No, actually it's not crap. You counter my argument with BS about "fighting for your life" and such. I was referring to it as your primary tactical plan. And it's not a separate issue at all, it's the issue I was highlighting. "Justified" only works for the criminal trial, try explaining it in your civil defense.

If that is your best train of thought then stay away from me. I don't need to be swept by your "concealed" handgun without a trigger guard in your sweatshirt pocket. That's just pure intelligence right there.

I dont care about civil defense because I'd be bankrupt ny the time the criminal trial is over anyways. Not to mention civil suits from SD shootings is another overhyped myth. They're actually pretty rare.

I don't carry that way anyways, but I wouldnt be using ayoob glue fume sniffer stuff to justify not doing it...

-Mike

Last edited:
I dont care about civil defense because I'd be bankrupt ny the time the criminal trial is over anyways. Not to mention civil suits from SD shootings is another overhyped myth. They're actually pretty rare.

I don't carry that way anyways, but I wouldnt be using ayoob glue fume sniffer stuff to justify not doing it...

-Mike

Ayoob the reason you have so many people in mass thinking of you use a glock with preban's in mass in sd shooting will get you in more trouble.

Ayoob the reason you have so many people in mass thinking of you use a glock with preban's in mass in sd shooting will get you in more trouble.

Hey some guy at a gun shop counter told me he took an Ayoob class like 13 years ago and he said Ayoob said if I use a LAZER on my pocket carry gun Imma-go-to jail for premeditated murder.

Hey some guy at a gun shop counter told me he took an Ayoob class like 13 years ago and he said Ayoob said if I use a LAZER on my pocket carry gun Imma-go-to jail for premeditated murder.

5c3bd812bc5940dfc5c4400f0746501a.jpg

He means that a semi shot from inside a pocket will misfire. The pocket will prevent the slide from retracting fully and you'll get a jam. It might happen on the first shot, second shot, later, or not at all if you're really lucky but the point is you can't reliably fire a semi inside a pocket. Revolver is good to go.

I see, thanks, didn't know what he meant.

Is there a range where you can practice shooting from your jacket pocket? Maybe I'll go ask Mass Rifle if that's ok?

This thread has gone all sorts of sideways. How about that new Glock?

Imma practice shooting my LCR from my backpack at the range next time.

I see, thanks, didn't know what he meant.

Is there a range where you can practice shooting from your jacket pocket? Maybe I'll go ask Mass Rifle if that's ok?

We did it during the GOAL EDC class at WPRC. I don't know if it is normally allowed there or if they make an exception for the class. You could ask Jon Green at GOAL. I highly recommend the EDC class--this is not the same thing as their more basic Art of Concealed Carry.

This thread has gone all sorts of sideways. How about that new Glock?

Imma practice shooting my LCR from my backpack at the range next time.

Ayoob told a guy that told me that you would get convicted of premeditated murder if you do that.

This was probably in the can before the G42 came out, but they didn't want anything to get in the way of the G42's debut.

yeah... screw the 9mm... this is a legit fotay. a fotay chambered not in fotay but fotay's older, hotter sister.

I liken 10mm more to an under 35 hot MILF. Remember it birthed the .40, probably sired by a father that ran away, that's why it's child is fugly.

I liken 10mm more to an under 35 hot MILF. Remember it birthed the .40, probably sired by a father that ran away, that's why it's child is fugly.

when i get a house and somehow afford a 10mm gun i'm gonna have you show me how to reload while i feed you cigars and alcohol. maybe women, i can probably find some women, too. [laugh]

Which is good news unless you were trying to shoot your dick off. In what situation would this sound like a good idea? I'm pretty sure your defense attorney would tell you to use the sights instead of shooting the children.

I pocket carried my P238 but even that tiny thing took a ton of practice to draw and get on target in UNstressful practice. I'm not shooting it down as a possibility but there is no replacement for a good holster attached to a belt.

This new Glock looks interesting for people like my wife who struggle with the grip size of my 26. Glock isn't going to make a 9mm smaller than the .380 so a pocket 9mm is out. My guess is they use the same basic frame as the 42 and the slide reciprocates more to allow for the larger round, that keeps with all of their other models.

I just don't get the 42 if they were planning this all along. The same people looking at the 42 really wanted this so why even put .380 in the lineup? Then again, this IS the company that invented their own cartridge to fill a GAP nobody cared about.

If you get that the Glock 42 does in fact sell like wildfire, I don't get what it is that you don't get. I've been a 1911 fan all of my adult life but I have and like the Glock 42. There is a place for it in my perceived gun needs. The single stack Glock 9mm will sell like crazy too. We all know that in advance and they more than likely introduced the Glock 42 first to insure there place in the .380 market. Glock as you pointed out did also come up with the 45 GAP. In my opinion no company hits home runs all of the time. This was just Glocks turn at the fail bat, but marketing the .380 single stack before marketing the 9mm single stack was in my opinion pure marketing genius. History will verify this I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom