Glock 9mm Single Stack coming in 2015

I have a 36, use it for iwb carry, but not real popular as far as glock sales go. Surprised it's still a cataloged item. Can't believe if given a choice, one would opt for the 9 over the 45.

I have a 36, use it for iwb carry, but not real popular as far as glock sales go. Surprised it's still a cataloged item. Can't believe if given a choice, one would opt for the 9 over the 45.

It's because small barreled, low mass, .45s are generally hugely annoying. The G36 is probably the best gun in that class of gun, though, I'll say that much.

-Mike

The 9 will be much more comfortable to carry. I love my G36, but I also have a Shield and in terms of comfort, there's a substantial difference.

The G42 is too big for a .380, let's hope the new model is not too big for a single stack 9

Noir also confirmed in a video today that the glock nine will debut at shot show. Not that that guy knows what he's taking about, but he is around industry people often

attachment.php

[laugh2]

If it's not .40 i have no use for it, i have even less use for a single stack fashion accessory.

Thank god most people don't think this, otherwise Glock would be producing another handgun almost nobody wanted. Single stack, subcompact .40s is another bastard child handgun class. [laugh]

-Mike

Yeah there's demand for it, but I feel that if it's not pm9 sized its worthless to me. My own opinion, but I don't want a single stack 9 the same size of the g42.

shipwreck - DTOM

I do not think Glock could make a 9mm smaller than a G42.

If I was to make a guess, I think the 9mm single stack will look just like the G42.

Considering all the problems that the G42 had upon it's initial release- the 9mm might also have problems.

But then again, they had over a year to test the same size on a 9mm.

I'm sure that 6 months after the 9mm single stack release, they will be great guns.

I might pick one up, if only to try and get the wife to drink the Kool-Aid. My G26 is doing just fine, but if the single stack can fit in the pocket of my dress pants they might have something I'm very interested in.

- - - Updated - - -

If the new Glock comes with the standard crappy plastic sights you'll be spending $100 to upgrade those.

Meh, the sights on the M&P's are nothing to brag about. If you care enough about a trigger job for your M&P, you should put decent sights on it while you are at it.

Between the Kahr PM9 and M&P Shield 9mm it seems a little bit late to the party. If I were a glock person I'd probably be more excited.

It would be great if this didn't happen, just to see the butthurt among Glock shooters who have wanted it for so long.

Between the Kahr PM9 and M&P Shield 9mm it seems a little bit late to the party. If I were a glock person I'd probably be more excited.

I agree. While it may be another good 9mm option for free staters, it will hardly be worth it with the "MA unobtainium tax" that Glocks demand here - especially if it is similar in size to the Shield, which is what I suspect it will be. Glock fanboys will still want them anyway though.

+2 Very happy with my PM9. If the 42 is any indication of what the single stack 9 will be like, I am not interested.

I've been in the market for a small single stack 9x19 for a while now. However, I'm not a fan of .380, I'm also not big on Smith's M&P Shield due to the additional $100 to fix the trigger. Walther, nope. Kahr's offerings are $700+ so if priced correctly and if it is reasonably available at select LGS, Glocks new piece sounds like it's just what I'm looking for. I'm sure plenty of others are in the same boat as me.

The CM9, if you can find one, is a lot less money.

I've had a PM9 for years. Yes, it wasn't cheap but it's still the smallest 9mm in its class.

curious why?
Glock = Less $ than the PM9
Glock = Lighter
Glock = Better trigger
Glock = Always works

Less $? Maybe, but the CM9 is pretty cheap.
Lighter? Not until they actually make one that's comparable. Nobody else makes one that's lighter.
Better Trigger? Have you actually tried a Kahr?
Always works? So does my Kahr. In fact it's had less problems than my G17.

Last edited:
In my experience, the pm9 is lighter, has a better trigger, and always works.
Now I can't compare the Single stack against the PM9 on weight but the PM9 is 16 oz and the I'm sure the 26 is heavier than the single stack and the 26 is at 21.7 oz so im sure the Glock single will be lighter. Trig on My PM9 was 6.7lbs Loooong,But smooth, Glock 26 is at 5.7, I will do more of a review when I have it in my hands. PM 9 price was 679.00 new and Gen 4 Glock is 549.00 , single stack may be cheaper. The PM9 is nice, on the $ for aiming where you want it but for almost 130.00 more, Like I said before the single stack may be around 500.00.
and yes I have Glocks, Kel-tec, XDS, shield, Kahr's you name it I had it in sub compact. to be honest I liked the PM9 but couldn't deal with the Long trig, only reason I sold it. But with my G17 being at 3.5lbs and had it for 15 yrs you get comfy I guess with the light trig.

Last edited:
Now I can't compare the Single stack against the PM9 on weight but the PM9 is 16 oz and the I'm sure the 26 is heavier than the single stack and the 26 is at 21.7 oz so im sure the Glock single will be lighter. Trig on My PM9 was 6.7lbs Loooong,But smooth, Glock 26 is at 5.7, I will do more of a review when I have it in my hands. PM 9 price was 679.00 new and Gen 4 Glock is 549.00 , single stack may be cheaper. The PM9 is nice, on the $ for aiming where you want it but for almost 130.00 more, Like I said before the single stack may be around 500.00.

Glock 42: 13.76oz
Kahr P380; 9.97oz

Both have the same capacity.

talking 9mm Paul

I understand that, but since there is no single stack, 9mm Glock, that's the most apples to apples comparison you'll get. Also, the Kahr PM9 with no magazine is 14oz. I'm not sure if the Glock 42 weight on their site includes a magazine or not.

Back
Top Bottom