Glock 19 trigger recommendations

I did not like the Ghost 3.5. I then tried the Double Diamond 3.5 and liked it much better, also did the $.25 fluff and buff. My G19 is so much better after.

What do you like better about the Double Diamond over the Ghost?

What do you like better about the Double Diamond over the Ghost?

Mostly the Tang that rides in the slide seemed too long. It made the slide feel like it wanted to hang up. I called the place I bought it from and they said that was common and to try the DD. So I did and it felt better. Also it (The Ghost) did not feel as crisp, kinda squishy IMO. I tried them back to back (now I can swap out a connector blindfolded in no time at all).

When I got my G17 I thought I would try the Ghost again as maybe it was just not right for my G19? Nope.. Same feel and same concerns. Went and bought another DD, and its fine.

YMMV...

Glock NY1 trigger experience

Ive read on a few sites that the NY1(#8) spring combined with the "-" glock OEM connector will yield about a 6# pull that some consider smoother than the
stock spring coil trigger. Curious if anyone here has a
first hand experience with it?

Bumping this thread because i have been doing further experimentation with NY1 trigger setups.

why?

my experience w glocks so far is that I prefer 100% stock parts with a 25c trigger job. In other words, the standard OEM 5.5 connector with a simple polish job at all contact points in the trigger mechanism. As I continued to to use this setup, however, I noticed that I had some difficulty controlling the gun under rapid fire. In other words, I could shoot accurately but as I sped things my control suffers. I attributed this in large part to the trigger "wall" just before the shot breaks.

Another issue I encountered was untinentional discharges during rapid fire. In other words, if I'm trying to double tap as fast as possible, I would occasionally let the 2nd round off way too early and it would sail upwards (no bueno).

there has been tons of discussion about the NY1 + 3.5# connector setup that Mas Ayoob endorses. certainly not my idea, but here will share my experiences w it.

In the G19 gen 3, observed the following:
-NY1 spring + standard connector = ~7# trigger with a noticeable wall, very prominent reset
-NY1 spring + minus connector = ~6# trigger with no wall, smooth pull throughout to the break, very prominent reset
-NY1 spring + lonewolf 3.5# connector = very similar to above

In the G21 gen 4, observed the following:
-NY1 spring + standard connector = ~8.5# trigger with noticeable wall, very prominent reset
-NY1 spring + minus connector = 7# trigger with moderate wall (improved but still noticeable)
-NY1 spring + lonewolf 3.5# connector = 7.5# trigger w again noticeable wall
-NY1 spring + ghost 3.5# connector = 7# trigger with essentially no wall (perfect)

So in the gen 3 models, it seems pretty much any 3.5# connector + the NY1 spring creates a very smooth revolver-like trigger with a crazy strong reset. However the Gen4 models seem a bit more difficult to remove the wall in the trigger. I'm attributing this to the difference in the ejector housing geometry such that the gen4 models present a more steep angle to the connector. Unfortunately cannot place a gen 3 housing in to the gen 4 frame (so I am told).

The advantage to this setup are the following:
-smooth pull throughout (no wall) - this is a matter of preference of course
-strong reset and trigger return which makes it nearly impossible to discharge followup shots too early

if looking to equip your glock with a smooth revolver-like trigger, try out the NY1 + 3.5 connector. I'm in the process of moving over completely to this setup. it's super easy to make the swap.

Dupe/Merge, maybe even a MEGA-MERGE:

If no merge, then here:
So, have things changed much or at all since the last post here? I see there are Apex, Lone Wolf, Polymer80, and some other triggers. Just looking for basic, not for competition or anything weird or exotic.

Do people take out their "stock" triggers, and set them aside, to put in the fancy-pants ones instead? If so, how might one find someone who wants to recoup a few bucks? Are there shops around that specialize in this? Anyone on NES? Otherwise, maybe just get one of those Lone Wolf or Polymer80 ones off Brownells?

Is there a diagram, or list of parts, with what can be substituted in for what anywhere?

trigger
springs
bars
connectors
?

Dupe/Merge, maybe even a MEGA-MERGE:

If no merge, then here:
So, have things changed much or at all since the last post here? I see there are Apex, Lone Wolf, Polymer80, and some other triggers. Just looking for basic, not for competition or anything weird or exotic.

Do people take out their "stock" triggers, and set them aside, to put in the fancy-pants ones instead? If so, how might one find someone who wants to recoup a few bucks? Are there shops around that specialize in this? Anyone on NES? Otherwise, maybe just get one of those Lone Wolf or Polymer80 ones off Brownells?

I swapped a stock one for a name brand one twice, and had issues. Stick with a stock one.

These days I would stick with stock if it has the smooth trigger face. Follow Queen Bee’s advice from 2015 in this thread. Ive tried a couple different setups and think this is the best overall between price and confidence in the parts. It’s amazing how buttery smooth a stock glock trigger can get after a few cases of ammo.

Back
Top Bottom