Glock 19 trigger recommendations

Stevireno

NES Member
Hi there, shot my g19 and thought it had a rough trigger compared to other glocks that I have shot.

Is it recommended to polish up the trigger or just replace it? The weight was fine, it just seemed rough and almost gravely during and at the end of the pull.

Thanks, Steve

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Keep it stock, its a Glock 19. Polish the crap out of it to smooth it out. Honestly, glock are the best when you keep them the way they were designed. If you start changing out parts, you lose that reliability, and thats not worth it on a defense pistol like a Glock 19.

What i do:

1rst. Buy a glock 17 trigger bar with smooth face vs the import point grooved target trigger.

2nd polish the crap out of it

3. Glock factory minus connector

What i do:

1rst. Buy a glock 17 trigger bar with smooth face vs the import point grooved target trigger.

2nd polish the crap out of it

3. Glock factory minus connector

This is solid advice. You don't need to go out and buy a bunch of shit you probably don't need to smoothe out the trigger.

1776 gunsmithing in Concord did a trigger job real cheap and it is far superior to the stock trigger. I forget the name of the new trigger but they can give you options. Shipped right to my front door for a great price!

Keep it stock, its a Glock 19. Polish the crap out of it to smooth it out. Honestly, glock are the best when you keep them the way they were designed. If you start changing out parts, you lose that reliability, and thats not worth it on a defense pistol like a Glock 19.

This X1000. There are a billion ways to cause unintended consequences when you start messing with a gun. Glock is famous for reliability. If you bought it for a target gun, you screwed up. If you bought it for self defense, leave it alone. I wouldn't even polish things. It's human nature to want to improve things, and to have the smoothest, most crisp trigger imaginable. But if you ever have to use it, you are not going to notice the rough trigger. You are, however, going to notice whether it goes bang or not.

This X1000. There are a billion ways to cause unintended consequences when you start messing with a gun. Glock is famous for reliability. If you bought it for a target gun, you screwed up. If you bought it for self defense, leave it alone. I wouldn't even polish things. It's human nature to want to improve things, and to have the smoothest, most crisp trigger imaginable. But if you ever have to use it, you are not going to notice the rough trigger. You are, however, going to notice whether it goes bang or not.

This is my dilemma, I know it can be made better, It is an occasional range gun, but mostly my SHTF gun... I'll take it out a few more time and see if I can get past the feeling... I fired a 17 and loved it, even a 26 ,(or 29?) and loved it, then the 19 was a let down, now that I know what then can feel like, I want mine like that!

Actually double check that you don't have one of cheapo crappy plastic "springs" like NYPD uses. If you do, a $3 coil spring will fix your trigger without any polishing needed.
View attachment 145371

Last edited:
I've tried two different trigger bars with my Gen 3 19. One was the Zev and the other an OEM "-". While both lightened the trigger, they introduced other issues. The "wall" you hit half way through the trigger motion became mushy and somewhat inconsistent with both in varying degrees. They both introduced a slight amount of over travel compared with the OEM "5.5" lb trigger. I kept the OEM "-" bar in to see if it may get better but I have low expectations of that happening. I haven't had any issues with reliability like others may have experienced.

Drop a 3.5 factory connector in it, done.

ETA: If this is a used gun you will want to investigate any BS which might be there that doesn't belong.

You cannot go wrong using glock factory parts in a defensive gun.. holds up in court better than xyz competition trigger.

This guy did a great job comparing connectors:http://glock.pro/glock-tech-warranty/5756-connector-comparison-test.html

The legal stuff is BS... oem is good because it works despite any wonky pistol to pistol variations etc.

- - - Updated - - -

If he has a plastic spring the connector ain't gun do shit.

Yeah that's why I edited my post... if someone was playing ****y ****y with it that stuff will have to get tossed.

The legal stuff is BS... oem is good because it works despite any wonky pistol to pistol variations etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's why I edited my post... if someone was playing ****y ****y with it that stuff will have to get tossed.

Too slow.

I had to swap out crap parts to get back to factory on two different 19's that were Police issue. The first 80% of travel was fine, then it was like crushing an acorn every time you pulled the trigger for the last 20%.

Last edited:
Too slow.

I had to swap out crap parts to get back to factory on two different 19's that were Police issue. The first 80% of travel was fine, then it was like crushing and acorn every time you pulled the trigger for the last 20%.

Yeah, those things are shitty mc shit, don't blame you. Almost as bad as the MA m&p triggers.

Not to mention the first rusted shut firing pin spring I've ever seen on a Glock. ****er must have pissed on it and never cleaned or oiled it.

Not to mention the first rusted shut firing pin spring I've ever seen on a Glock. ****er must have pissed on it and never cleaned or oiled it.

Donut filling prolly melted and ran in there, some of those sugars are corrosive. [laugh]

New gun, I'll check the plastic spring...

-Steve

A 30 second visual inspection after removing the slide is all it takes. You should be able to see that barrel spring attached to the trigger housing. If that is there then proceed to replacing the connector and polishing.
GlockTrigger2web_zps6750793e.jpg

Good is on the top left, crap on the bottom and right:
springscompare.jpg

I chatted up a Glock Armorer instructor that I follow on the social medias, when I was looking for options for my Gen 4 G19. He told me that he runs a Gen 3 trigger bar with a factory (-) connector. That's exactly what he runs in his carry gun. Shaves a little weight off, and is reliable. I ran it for a bit, but had to go back to the Gen 4 trigger bar because I run my magazine release lefty.

I chatted up a Glock Armorer instructor that I follow on the social medias, when I was looking for options for my Gen 4 G19. He told me that he runs a Gen 3 trigger bar with a factory (-) connector. That's exactly what he runs in his carry gun. Shaves a little weight off, and is reliable. I ran it for a bit, but had to go back to the Gen 4 trigger bar because I run my magazine release lefty.
this is interesting to me as I am looking for a set up for my gen 4 19 (which I run Righty) but I also want the smooth trigger..

What are you talking about clover...why cant you use the gen 3 ... its really not that hard to swap out a trigger bar...

It has nothing to do with left or right magazine release..

Back
Top Bottom