Glock 19 Alternatives?

I grabbed a 2nd generation G19 from Four Seasons a few weeks ago with 2 pre-ban hi-capacity magazines for $599. They occasionally show up there, but you have to keep an eye on their used gun page because they sell very quickly. In my case, I had been in there the day before to buy some other stuff and let the guy at the counter know I was looking for a G19. The next day, he called to let me know that a G19 was available. I think it was on the used gun page for about an hour :p

-G

When I was selling mine a few months ago, it had fairly new Trijicon sights, 10,12,15 and 17 rd mags and mag loader, two holsters and a mag holster.
I had it up for $700 and couldn't sell it.

Being a Marine for a few years and have carried for 10 yrs here in Mass all I will carry is glock. Also I am a glock armoer, and I have to say that the glock is one of the easiest pistols to work on hand down! It will eat any ammo you feed it a diet of.

I have shot a M&P seeing I owned one and even with a trigger job, which cost you $65 or more the trigger is nothing to write home about. With a glock if you wanted to take the pistol apart yourself you could do the trigger job for like $30 or take it to a guy like me and for $50 I would do the trigger job and that's with the cost of parts and it would still be covered under a warranty.

I have been working on glocks for a few years before taking the glock class and have had my cards out at the range for like 6 months and never got a call about a pistol needing repair work. Does a glock fail less then other pistol? I think so! Seeing they are built the way they are, simple to make with few working parts. But it still gets the job done much like the AK 47.

You really could not find a better pistol for 100% CCW work. Glock is the first pistol I would trush with my life the 2nd would be a Sig other then that I wouldn't feel 100% with any other pistol out there just my personal view

Last edited:
so, the OP lives in MA, and has to deal with MA typical BS (like the trigger and 10 round mags). So, my question to you, is: Why would anyone give a flying EFF, about what someone "could do" in a free state, if that person does not live in a free state?

I expect an "Ohio is the best" type of answer shortly. [rolleyes]

Not everyone who posts here lives in Mass., myself included.

When I was selling mine a few months ago, it had fairly new Trijicon sights, 10,12,15 and 17 rd mags and mag loader, two holsters and a mag holster.
I had it up for $700 and couldn't sell it.

The crowd is fickle, I suppose. [laugh]

Now I'll go eat some crow. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom